China and India: Any difference in their FDI performances?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grosse, Robert & Goldberg, Lawrence G., 1991. "Foreign bank activity in the United States: An analysis by country of origin," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1093-1112, December.
- Sharma, Kishor, 2003. "Factors determining India's export performance," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 435-446, June.
- Cotton, Jeremiah, 1988. "On the Decomposition of Wage Differentials," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(2), pages 236-243, May.
- Robert Grosse & Len J Trevino, 1996. "Foreign Direct Investment in the United States: An Analysis by Country of Origin," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(1), pages 139-155, March.
- Dees, Stephane, 1998.
"Foreign Direct Investment in China: Determinants and Effects,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 31(2-3), pages 175-194.
- Stèphane Dees, 1998. "Foreign Direct Investment in China: Determinants and Effects," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 175-194, May.
- Reimers, Cordelia W, 1983. "Labor Market Discrimination against Hispanic and Black Men," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(4), pages 570-579, November.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Jeremy C. Stein, 1991. "Exchange Rates and Foreign Direct Investment: An Imperfect Capital Markets Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1191-1217.
- Harri Ramcharran, 1999. "Foreign direct investment and country risk: Further empirical evidence," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 49-59.
- Luiz de Mello, 1997. "Foreign direct investment in developing countries and growth: A selective survey," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 1-34.
- Harm Zebregs & Wanda S Tseng, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment in China; Some Lessons for Other Countries," IMF Policy Discussion Papers 02/3, International Monetary Fund.
- David Neumark, 1988.
"Employers' Discriminatory Behavior and the Estimation of Wage Discrimination,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(3), pages 279-295.
- David Neumark, 1987. "Employers' discriminatory behavior and the estimation of wage discrimination," Special Studies Papers 227, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Terry Sicular, 1998.
"Capital Flight and Foreign Investment: Two Tales From China and Russia,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(5), pages 589-602, July.
- Terry Sicular, 1998. "Capital Flight and Foreign Investment: Two Tales from China and Russia," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9803, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Wu, Ping X., 1999. "Unequally Spaced Panel Data Regressions With Ar(1) Disturbances," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(06), pages 814-823, December.
- Gao, Ting, 2003. "Ethnic Chinese networks and international investment: evidence from inward FDI in China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 611-629, August.
- Xiaming Liu & Haiyan Song & Yingqi Wei & Peter Romilly, 1997. "Country characteristics and foreign direct investment in China: A panel data analysis," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 133(2), pages 313-329, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Le Quoc Liem & Wang Lai Wang, 2014. "Decision making in foreign direct investment: Cases for China and India," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(4), pages 209-220, April.
- Sun, Sunny Li & Peng, Mike W. & Lee, Ruby P. & Tan, Weiqiang, 2015. "Institutional open access at home and outward internationalization," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 234-246.
- Mauricio Zelaya & Ayse Yüce, 2014. "Foreign Direct Investment Decisions into China and India," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(3), pages 300-316, March.
- repec:spr:manint:v:53:y:2013:i:6:d:10.1007_s11575-013-0178-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ememar:v:34:y:2018:i:c:p:175-191 is not listed on IDEAS
- LO, Chu-Ping & LIU, Bih Jane, 2009. "Why India is mainly engaged in offshore service activities, while China is disproportionately engaged in manufacturing?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 236-245, June.
- Lo, Chu-Ping & Wu, Shih-Jye & Hsu, Su-Ying, 2014. "The role of overseas Chinese-speaking regions in global sourcing," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 133-142.
- Rodolfo Metulini & Massimo Riccaboni & Paolo Sgrignoli & Zhen Zhu, 2017.
"The Indirect Effects of FDI on Trade: A Network Perspective,"
04/2017, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Mar 2017.
- Paolo Sgrignoli & Rodolfo Metulini & Zhen Zhu & Massimo Riccaboni, 2017. "The Indirect Effects of FDI on Trade: A Network Perspective," Papers 1705.02187, arXiv.org.
- C. Veeramani & Lakshmi A & Prachi Gupta, 2017. "Intensive and extensive margins of exports: What can India learn from China?," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2017-002, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Krishnankutty, Raveesh, 2010. "Testing the relationship between FDI inflow and out flow in India: a critical analysis," MPRA Paper 48609, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Whalley & Tanmaya Shekhar, 2010. "The Rapidly Deepening India-China Economic Relationship," CESifo Working Paper Series 3183, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:10:p:2193-2225 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:growch:v:48:y:2017:i:3:p:459-486 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vladimír Benáček & Helena Lenihan & Bernadette Andreosso-O'Callaghan & Eva Michalíková & Denis Kan, 2014.
"Political Risk, Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment: How Do They Relate in Various European Countries?,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(5), pages 625-653, May.
- Vladimír Benácek & Helena Lenihan & Bernadette Andreosso-O’Callaghan & Eva Michalíková & Denis Kan, 2012. "Political Risk, Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment: How Do They Relate in Various European Countries?," Working Papers IES 2012/24, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jul 2012.
- K, S Chalapati Rao & Dhar, Biswajit, 2011. "India's FDI Inflows: Trends and Concepts," MPRA Paper 29153, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:16:y:2005:i:4:p:719-736. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.