Beef safety shocks and dynamics of vertical price adjustment: The case of BSE discovery in the U.S. beef sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barry K. Goodwin & Matthew T. Holt, 1999.
"Price Transmission and Asymmetric Adjustment in the U.S. Beef Sector,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(3), pages 630-637.
- Goodwin, Barry K. & Holt, Matthew T., 1998. "Price Transmission and Asymmetric Ajustment in the U.S. Beef Sector," Staff Papers 232533, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Babula, Ronald A. & Bessler, David A. & Payne, Warren S., 2004.
"Dynamic Relationships Among U.S. Wheat-Related Markets: Applying Directed Acyclic Graphs to a Time Series Model,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Babula, Ronald A. & Bessler, David A. & Payne, Warren S., 2004. "Dynamic Relationships Among U.S. Wheat-Related Markets: Applying Directed Acyclic Graphs to a Time Series Model," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Bordo, Michael David, 1980. "The Effects of Monetary Change on Relative Commodity Prices and the Role of Long-Term Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(6), pages 1088-1109, December.
- Mathews, Kenneth H., Jr. & Hahn, William F. & Nelson, Kenneth E. & Duewer, Lawrence A. & Gustafson, Ronald A., 1999. "U.S. Beef Industry: Cattle Cycles, Price Spreads, and Packer Concentration," Technical Bulletins 33583, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Charles Hyde & Jeffrey Perloff, 1998.
"Multimarket market power estimation: the Australian retail meat sector,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(9), pages 1169-1176.
- Hyde, Charles Evan & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 1996. "Multimarket Market Power Estimation: The Australian Retail Meat Sector," 1997 Conference (41st), January 22-24, 1997, Gold Coast, Australia 136227, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Lloyd, Tim A. & Morgan, C. Wyn & McCorriston, Steve & Rayner, Anthony J., 2003. "The Impact Of Food Scares On Price Transmission In Inter-Related Markets," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25904, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ben Kaabia, Monia & Gil, Jose Maria & Boshnjaku, L., 2002. "Price Transmission Asymmetries in the Spanish Lamb Sector," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24908, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Richard Tiffin & P. J. Dawson, 2000. "Structural breaks, cointegration and the farm-retail price spread for lamb," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(10), pages 1281-1286.
- Nicholas E. Piggott & Thomas L. Marsh, 2004. "Does Food Safety Information Impact U.S. Meat Demand?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 154-174.
- Adusei Jumah, 2004. "The long run, market power and retail pricing," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 605-620, September.
- Arthur M. Okun, 1975. "Inflation: Its Mechanics and Welfare Costs," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 6(2), pages 351-402.
- S. McCorriston & C. W. Morgan & A. J. Rayner, 1998. "Processing Technology, Market Power and Price Transmission," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 185-201, June.
- Martin B. Schmidt, 2000. "The Dynamic Behavior of Wages and Prices: Cointegration Tests within a Large Macroeconomic System," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 67(1), pages 123-138, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Darbandi, Elham & Saghaian, Sayed H., 2016. "An Empirical Comparison of Price Transmission between Conventional and Organic Products: The Case of Fresh Carrots," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 230124, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- GwanSeon Kim & Tyler Mark, 2017.
"Impacts of corn price and imported beef price on domestic beef price in South Korea,"
Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-13, December.
- Kim, GwanSeon & Tyler, Mark, 2015. "Impacts of Corn Price and Imported Beef Price on Domestic Beef Price in South Korea," 2015: Trade and Societal Well-Being, December 13-15, 2015, Clearwater Beach, Florida 229243, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Saghaian, Sayed H. & Ã–zertan, GÃ¶khan & Spaulding, AslÄ±han D., 2008.
"Dynamics of Price Transmission in the Presence of a Major Food Safety Shock: Impact of H5N1 Avian Influenza on the Turkish Poultry Sector,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(3), pages 1015-1031, December.
- Saghaian, Sayed H. & Ozertan, Gokhan & Spaulding, Aslihan D., 2008. "Dynamics of Price Transmission in the Presence of a Major Food Safety Shock: Impact of H5N1 Avian Influenza on the Turkish Poultry Sector," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(3), pages 1-17, December.
- Dai, Jiawu & Li, Xun & Wang, Xiuqing & Yu, Qiushuo & Mao, Xiaojie, 2015. "Food Scares, Market Power and Farm-Retail Price Spread: The Case of Pork Market in China," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205121, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Moro, Daniele & Paolo, Sckokai & Veneziani, Mario, 2012. "Multi-stage Market Power in the Italian Fresh Meat Industry," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 125065, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Rajcaniova, Miroslava & Pokrivcak, Jan, 2013. "Asymmetry in Price Transmission Mechanism: The Case of Slovak Potato Market," Review of Agricultural and Applied Economics (RAAE), Faculty of Economics and Management, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra, vol. 16(2), pages 1-8, September.
- Edgardo Ayala & Joana Chapa, 2017. "AH1N1 impact on the Mexican pork meat market," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 32(1), pages 3-25.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan, 2016.
"On perishability and Vertical Price Transmission: empirical evidences from Italy,"
Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), vol. 5(2), September.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan, 2016. "On Perishability and Vertical Price Transmission: empirical evidences from Italy," MPRA Paper 72735, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oral Capps Jr. & Sergio Colin‐Castillo & Manuel A. Hernandez, 2013.
"Do Marketing Margins Change with Food Scares? Examining the Effects of Food Recalls and Disease Outbreaks in the U.S. Red Meat Industry,"
Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(4), pages 426-454, September.
- Hernandez, Manuel & Colin-Castillo, Sergio & Capps, Oral, Jr., 2011. "Do marketing margins change with food scares?: Examining the effects of food recalls and disease outbreaks in the us red meat industry," IFPRI discussion papers 1104, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Colin-Castillo, Sergio & Capps, Oral, Jr. & Hernandez, Manuel A., 2012. "Do Marketing Margins Change with Food Scares? Examining the Effects of Food Recalls and Disease Outbreaks in the U.S. Red Meat Industry," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124966, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Seok, Jun Ho & Kim, GwanSeon & Reed, Michael R. & Kim, Soo-Eun, 2018. "The impact of avian influenza on the Korean egg market: Who benefited?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 151-165.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:23:y:2007:i:3:p:333-348. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.