Competition for the international pool of talent
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eggert, Wolfgang & Krieger, Tim & Meier, Volker, 2010.
"Education, unemployment and migration,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(5-6), pages 354-362, June.
- Wolfgang Eggert & Tim Krieger & Volker Meier, 2007. "Education, Unemployment and Migration," CESifo Working Paper Series 2119, CESifo Group Munich.
- Eggert, Wolfgang & Krieger, Tim & Meier, Volker, 2010. "Education, unemployment and migration," Munich Reprints in Economics 20561, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Wolfgang Eggert & Tim Krieger & Volker Meier, 2009. "Education, unemployment and migration," ifo Working Paper Series 78, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Wolfgang Eggert & Tim Krieger & Volker Meier, 2009. "Education, unemployment and migration," Working Papers CIE 7, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Beine, Michel & Noël, Romain & Ragot, Lionel, 2014.
"Determinants of the international mobility of students,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 40-54.
- Michel Beine & Romain Noël & Lionel Ragot, 2014. "Determinants of the International Mobility of Students," Post-Print hal-01385913, HAL.
- De Fraja, Gianni & Iossa, Elisabetta, 2002. "Competition among Universities and the Emergence of the Elite Institution," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(3), pages 275-293, July.
- Zissimos, Ben & Wooders, Myrna, 2008.
"Public good differentiation and the intensity of tax competition,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 1105-1121, June.
- Ben Zissimos & Myrna Wooders, 2003. "Public Good Differentiation and the Intensity of Tax Competition," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0710, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Dreher, Axel & Poutvaara, Panu, 2011.
"Foreign Students and Migration to the United States,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1294-1307, August.
- Dreher, Axel & Poutvaara, Panu, 2011. "Foreign students and migration to the United States," Munich Reprints in Economics 20044, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Elena Del Rey, 2001. "Economic Integration and Public Provision of Education," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 28(2), pages 203-218, June.
- Avner Shaked & John Sutton, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition Through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13.
- Thomas Lange, 2009. "Public Funding of Higher Education when Students and Skilled Workers are Mobile," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 65(2), pages 178-199, June.
- Michel Beine & Fréderic Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2008.
"Brain Drain and Human Capital Formation in Developing Countries: Winners and Losers,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 631-652, April.
- Michel, BEINE & Frédéric, DOCQUIER & Hillel, RAPOPORT, 2006. "Brain drain and human capital formation in developing countries : winners and losers," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2006023, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2008. "Brain drain and human capital formation in developing countries: winners and losers?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10415, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Tim Krieger & Thomas Lange, 2010.
"Education policy and tax competition with imperfect student and labor mobility,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 17(6), pages 587-606, December.
- Tim Krieger & Thomas Lange, 2008. "Education policy and tax competition with imperfect student and labor mobility," Working Papers CIE 8, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Thomas Lange, 2013. "Return migration of foreign students and non-resident tuition fees," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 703-718, April.
- Hoyt, William H & Jensen, Richard A, 2001. " Product Differentiation and Public Education," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 3(1), pages 69-93.
- Lisa Grazzini & Annalisa Luporini & Alessandro Petretto, 2010. "Competition between State Universities," Working Papers - Economics wp2010_02.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Jaskold Gabszewicz, J. & Thisse, J. -F., 1979. "Price competition, quality and income disparities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 340-359, June.
- Manon Domingues Dos Santos & Fabien Postel-Vinay, 2003. "Migration as a source of growth: The perspective of a developing country," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(1), pages 161-175, February.
- Stark, Oded & Wang, Yong, 2002.
"Inducing human capital formation: migration as a substitute for subsidies,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 29-46, October.
- Stark, Oded & Wang, Yong, 2001. "Inducing Human Capital Formation: Migration as a Substitute for Subsidies," Economics Series 100, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Alessandro Cigno & Annalisa Luporini, 2009.
"Scholarships or Student Loans? Subsidizing Higher Education in the Presence of Moral Hazard,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 11(1), pages 55-87, February.
- Alessandro Cigno & Annalisa Luporini, 2003. "Scholarships or Student Loans? Subsidizing Higher Education in the Presence of Moral Hazard," CESifo Working Paper Series 973, CESifo Group Munich.
- Haupt, Alexander & Krieger, Tim & Lange, Thomas, 2013. "Education policy, student migration, and brain gain," Discussion Paper Series 2013-05, University of Freiburg, Wilfried Guth Endowed Chair for Constitutional Political Economy and Competition Policy.
- Gabrielle Demange & Robert Fenge, 2010. "Competition in the quality of higher education: the impact of students' mobility," PSE Working Papers halshs-00564912, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsHigher education; Student mobility; Vertical quality differentiation; Return migration; Brain gain;
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- H87 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - International Fiscal Issues; International Public Goods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:29:y:2016:i:4:d:10.1007_s00148-016-0601-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.