Competition in the quality of higher education: the impact of students' mobility
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bas Jacobs & Frederick Van Der Ploeg, 2006.
"Guide to reform of higher education: a European perspective,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 21(47), pages 535-592, July.
- Jacobs, Bas & van der Ploeg, Frederick, 2005. "Guide to Reform of Higher Education: A European Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 5327, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gale, David, 1973. "Pure exchange equilibrium of dynamic economic models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 12-36, February.
- repec:oup:cesifo:v:54:y:2008:i:2:p:248-276. is not listed on IDEAS
- Gabrielle Demange & Robert Fenge & Silke Uebelmesser, 2008.
"The Provision of Higher Education in a Global World—Analysis and Policy Implications,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 54(2), pages 248-276.
- Gabrielle Demange, 2008. "The Provision of Higher Education in a Global World—Analysis and Policy Implications," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 54(2), pages 248-276, June.
- Demange, Gabrielle & Fenge, Robert & Uebelmesser, Silke, 2008. "The Provision of Higher Education in a Global World - Analysis and Policy Implications," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 0806, CEPREMAP.
- Elena Del Rey, 2001. "Economic Integration and Public Provision of Education," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 28(2), pages 203-218, June.
- Moshe Justman & Jacques-Francois Thisse, 2000.
"Local Public Funding of Higher Education When Skilled Labor is Imperfectly Mobile,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 7(3), pages 247-258, May.
- JUSTMAN , Moshe & THISSE, Jacques-François, 2000. "Local public funding of higher education when skilled labor is imperfectly mobile," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1460, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jennifer Hunt, 2006. "Staunching Emigration from East Germany: Age and the Determinants of Migration," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 4(5), pages 1014-1037, September.
- Jaskold Gabszewicz, J. & Thisse, J. -F., 1979. "Price competition, quality and income disparities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 340-359, June.
- Haupt, Alexander & Krieger, Tim & Lange, Thomas, 2010. "Competition for the International Pool of Talents : Education Policy with Student Mobility," CCES Discussion Paper Series 31, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Nicola D. Coniglio & Francesco Prota, 2008.
"Human capital accumulation and migration in a peripheral EU region: the case of Basilicata,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(1), pages 77-95, March.
- Nicola D. Coniglio & Francesco Prota, 2003. "Human Capital Accumulation and Migration in a Peripheral EU Region: the Case of Basilicata," ERSA conference papers ersa03p157, European Regional Science Association.
- Jonathan Chaloff & Georges Lemaître, 2009. "Managing Highly-Skilled Labour Migration: A Comparative Analysis of Migration Policies and Challenges in OECD Countries," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 79, OECD Publishing.
- Alexander Kemnitz, 2007.
"University Funding Reform, Competition, and Teaching Quality,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 163(2), pages 356-378, June.
- Kemnitz, Alexander, 2007. "University Funding Reform, Competition and Teaching Quality," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 01/07, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Henseler Miriam & Plesch Joachim, 2009. "How Can Scholarship Institutions Foster the Return of Foreign Students?," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 229(4), pages 382-409, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexander Haupt & Tim Krieger & Thomas Lange, 2011.
"Competition for the International Pool of Talent: Education Policy and Student Mobility,"
Working Papers CIE
35, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Krieger, Tim & Haupt, Alexander M. & Lange, Thomas, 2011. "Competition for the International Pool of Talent: Education Policy and Student Mobility," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 49, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Alexander Haupt & Tim Krieger & Thomas Lange, 2011. "Competition for the International Pool of Talent: Education Policy and Student Mobility," CESifo Working Paper Series 3421, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alexander Haupt & Tim Krieger & Thomas Lange, 2016. "Competition for the international pool of talent," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 29(4), pages 1113-1154, October.
- Delpierre, Matthieu & Verheyden, Bertrand, 2014.
"Student and worker mobility under university and government competition,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 26-41.
- Matthieu Delpierre & Bertrand Verheyden, 2011. "Student and Worker Mobility under University and Government Competition," CESifo Working Paper Series 3415, CESifo Group Munich.
- Elise S. Brezis, 2016. "Why Migrate: For Study or for Work?," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(3), pages 1-12, August.
- Thomas Lange, 2013. "Return migration of foreign students and non-resident tuition fees," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 703-718, April.
- Haupt, Alexander & Krieger, Tim & Lange, Thomas, 2013. "Education policy, student migration, and brain gain," Discussion Paper Series 2013-05, University of Freiburg, Wilfried Guth Endowed Chair for Constitutional Political Economy and Competition Policy.
- Bernard Franck & Robert F. Owen, 2015. "Human Capital Formation, International Labor Mobility and the Optimal Design of Educational Grants," Working Papers hal-01158239, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordshigher education; migration; tuition fees; education quality; vertical differentiation; enseignement supérieur; qualité de l'éducation; différentiation verticale;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2011-02-19 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-EDU-2011-02-19 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2011-02-19 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2011-02-19 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:psewpa:halshs-00564912. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.