Wage inequality in workers’ cooperatives and conventional firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher J. Ruhm & Carey Borkoski, 2003. "Compensation in the Nonprofit Sector," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(4).
- Ran Abramitzky, 2008. "The Limits of Equality: Insights from the Israeli Kibbutz," Discussion Papers 07-048, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Patrick Francois, 2003. "Not-For-Profit Provision of Public Services," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(486), pages 53-61, March.
- Koevoets, Wim, 2007. "Union wage premiums in Great Britain: Coverage or membership?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 53-71, January.
- Emmanuel Duguet & Pascale Petit, 2009.
"La présence syndicale réduit-elle la discrimination salariale à l'encontre des femmes ? Un examen sur l'année 2002,"
Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 119(3), pages 401-450.
- Emmanuel Duguet & Pascale Petit, 2006. "La présence syndicale réduit-elle la discrimination salariale à l’encontre des femmes? Un examen sur l’année 2002," Documents de recherche 06-09, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Heather Antecol & Anneke Jong & Michael Steinberger, 2008. "The Sexual Orientation Wage Gap: The Role of Occupational Sorting and Human Capital," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 61(4), pages 518-543, July.
- Ran Abramitzky, 2008. "The Limits of Equality: Insights from the Israeli Kibbutz," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(3), pages 1111-1159.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1980. "Unionism and the Dispersion of Wages," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 34(1), pages 3-23, October.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973.
"Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Ronald L Oaxaca, 1971. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," Working Papers 396, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Gabriel Burdín, 2016.
"Equality Under Threat by the Talented: Evidence from Worker‐Managed Firms,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 126(594), pages 1372-1403, August.
- Gabriel Burdin, 2013. "Equality under threat by the talented:evidence from worker-managed firms," Department of Economics University of Siena 694, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Gabriel Burdín, 2013. "Equality under threat by the talented: evidence from worker-managed firms," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 13-12, Instituto de Economia - IECON.
- Burdin, Gabriel, 2013. "Equality under Threat by the Talented: Evidence from Worker-Managed Firms," IZA Discussion Papers 7854, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Burdín, Gabriel & Dean, Andrés, 2009. "New evidence on wages and employment in worker cooperatives compared with capitalist firms," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 517-533, December.
- Marie Leclair & Pascale Petit, 2004. "Présence syndicale dans les établissements : quel effet sur les salaires masculins et féminins ?," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 371(1), pages 23-47.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- H. Naci Mocan & Erdal Tekin, 2003.
"Nonprofit Sector and Part-Time Work: An Analysis of Employer-Employee Matched Data on Child Care Workers,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 38-50, February.
- H. Naci Mocan & Erdal Tekin, 2000. "Nonprofit Sector and Part-Time Work: An Analysis of Employer-Employee Matched Data of Child Care Workers," NBER Working Papers 7977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mocan, Naci & Tekin, Erdal, 2001. "Nonprofit Sector and Part-Time Work: An Analysis of Employer-Employee Matched Data of Child Care Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 408, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Heitmueller, Axel, 2005. "A Note on Decompositions in Fixed Effects Models in the Presence of Time-Invariant Characteristics," IZA Discussion Papers 1886, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lemieux, Thomas, 1998. "Estimating the Effects of Unions on Wage Inequality in a Panel Data Model with Comparative Advantage and Nonrandom Selection," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(2), pages 261-291, April.
- Preston, Anne E, 1989. "The Nonprofit Worker in a For-Profit World," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(4), pages 438-463, October.
- Michele Mosca & Marco Musella & Francesco Pastore, 2007.
"Relational Goods, Monitoring And Non‐Pecuniary Compensations In The Nonprofit Sector: The Case Of The Italian Social Services,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(1), pages 57-86, March.
- Mosca, Michele & Musella, Marco & Pastore, Francesco, 2006. "Relational Goods, Monitoring and Non-Pecuniary Compensations in the Nonprofit Sector: The Case of the Italian Social Services," IZA Discussion Papers 2254, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Melly, Blaise, 2005. "Decomposition of differences in distribution using quantile regression," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 577-590, August.
- Fathi Fakhfakh & Virginie PÃ©rotin & MÃ“nica Gago, 2012. "Productivity, Capital, and Labor in Labor-Managed and Conventional Firms: An Investigation on French Data," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 65(4), pages 847-879, October.
- David Card & Thomas Lemieux & W. Craig Riddell, 2003. "Unionization and Wage Inequality: A Comparative Study of the U.S, the U.K., and Canada," NBER Working Papers 9473, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mathieu Narcy, 2011. "Would nonprofit workers accept to earn less? Evidence from France," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 313-326.
- Leete, Laura, 2001. "Whither the Nonprofit Wage Differential? Estimates from the 1990 Census," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 136-170, January.
- Will Bartlett & John Cable & Saul Estrin & Derek C. Jones & Stephen C. Smith, 1992. "Labor-Managed Cooperatives and Private Firms in North Central Italy: An Empirical Comparison," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 46(1), pages 103-118, October.
- Defourney, Jacques & Estrin, Saul & Jones, Derek C., 1985. "The effects of workers' participation on enterprise performance : Empirical evidence from French cooperatives," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 197-217, June.
- Kimya M. Kamshad, 1997. "A model of the free-entry producer cooperative," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(2), pages 225-245, June.
- Main, Brian G M & Reilly, Barry, 1992. "Women and the Union Wage Gap," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(410), pages 49-66, January.
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bonache, Jaime & Zárraga-Oberty, Celia, 2020. "Compensating international mobility in a workers’ cooperative: An interpretive study," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(5).
- Thomas Lamarche & Catherine Bodet, 2020. "Les coopératives comme espaces méso critiques," Working Papers hal-02462804, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsWorker cooperatives; inequality; wage equation;
- J54 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Producer Cooperatives; Labor Managed Firms
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:liu:liucej:v:14:y:2017:i:2:p:303-329. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piero Cavaleri). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/liuccit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.