Benchmarking for routines and organizational knowledge: a managerial accounting approach with performance feedback
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Mircea Epure, 2014. "Benchmarking for Routines and Organizational Knowledge: A Managerial Accounting Approach with Performance Feedback," Working Papers 729, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Mircea Epure, 2012. "Benchmarking for routines and organizational knowledge: A managerial accounting approach with performance feedback," Economics Working Papers 1399, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Feb 2016.
References listed on IDEAS
- Teppo Felin & Nicolai J. Foss & Koen H. Heimeriks & Tammy L. Madsen, 2012. "Microfoundations of Routines and Capabilities: Individuals, Processes, and Structure," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(8), pages 1351-1374, December.
- Per Andersen & Niels Christian Petersen, 1993. "A Procedure for Ranking Efficient Units in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1261-1264, October.
- Robert G. Chambers & Rulon D. Pope, 1996. "Aggregate Productivity Measures," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1360-1365.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997.
"Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Argote, L. & Epple, D., 1990. "Learning Curves In Manufacturing," GSIA Working Papers 89-90-02, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Epure, Mircea & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Prior, Diego, 2011. "Technology-based total factor productivity and benchmarking: New proposals and an application," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 608-619, December.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Klepper, Steven, 1996. "A Reprise of Size and R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(437), pages 925-951, July.
- O'Mahony, Mary & Vecchi, Michela, 2009. "R&D, knowledge spillovers and company productivity performance," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 35-44, February.
- Jerker Denrell & Christina Fang & Sidney Winter, 2003. "The Economics of Strategic Opportunity," LEM Papers Series 2003/10, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Bert Balk, 2003.
"The Residual: On Monitoring and Benchmarking Firms, Industries, and Economies with Respect to Productivity,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 5-47, July.
- Balk, B.M., 2001. "The Residual: On Monitoring and Benchmarking Firms, Industries, and Economies with respect to Productivity," ERIM Inaugural Address Series Research in Management EIA-2001-007-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam..
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:51:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11187-017-9928-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luenberger, David G., 1992. "Benefit functions and duality," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 461-481.
- Peter Demerjian & Baruch Lev & Sarah McVay, 2012. "Quantifying Managerial Ability: A New Measure and Validity Tests," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(7), pages 1229-1248, July.
- Pontus Braunerhjelm & Ding Ding & Per Thulin, 2018.
"The knowledge spillover theory of intrapreneurship,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 1-30, June.
- Zoltan Acs & Pontus Braunerhjelm & David Audretsch & Bo Carlsson, 2009. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 15-30, January.
- Zoltán J. Ács & Pontus Braunerhjelm & David B. Audretsch & Bo Carlsson, 2015. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Chapters,in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 7, pages 129-144 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Zoltan Acs & David Audretsch & Erik Lehmann, 2013. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 757-774, December.
- Acs, Zoltán J & Audretsch, David B & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 2005. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," CEPR Discussion Papers 5326, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Acs, Zoltan & Audrestch, David & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 2007. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 77, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Zoltan J. Acs & David B. Audretsch & Pontus Braunerhjelm & Bo Carlsson, 2005. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-27, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- John E. Ettlie, 1998. "R&D and Global Manufacturing Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(1), pages 1-11, January.
- Antle, Rick & Bogetoft, Peter & Stark, Andrew W., 2001.
"Information systems, incentives and the timing of investments,"
Journal of Accounting and Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4-5), pages 267-294.
- Antle, Rick & Bogetoft, Peter & Stark, Andrew W., 2000. "Information Systems, Incentives and the Timing of Investment," Unit of Economics Working Papers 24201, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Food and Resource Economic Institute.
- Gary P. Pisano & Richard M.J. Bohmer & Amy C. Edmondson, 2001. "Organizational Differences in Rates of Learning: Evidence from the Adoption of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(6), pages 752-768, June.
- Rajiv Banker & Hsihui Chang & Ram Natarajan, 2007. "Estimating DEA technical and allocative inefficiency using aggregate cost or revenue data," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 115-121, April.
- Teppo Felin & Teppo Felin, 2012. "Cosmologies of Capability, Markets and Wisdom of Crowds: Introduction and Comparative Agenda," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(5-6), pages 283-294, July.
- Aparicio, Juan & Pastor, Jesus T. & Zofio, Jose L., 2013.
"On the inconsistency of the Malmquist–Luenberger index,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 229(3), pages 738-742.
- Aparicio, Juan & Pastor, Jesús & Zofío, José Luis, 2013. "On the inconsistency of the Malmquist-Luenberger index," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2013/01, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Felin, Teppo & Foss, Nicolai J., 2011. "The endogenous origins of experience, routines, and organizational capabilities: the poverty of stimulus," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 231-256, June.
- E. Grifell-Tatjé & C. A. K. Lovell, 1999. "Profits and Productivity," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(9), pages 1177-1193, September.
- Peter Bogetoft & Henrik Ballebye Olesen, 2003. "Incentives, Information Systems, and Competition," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 234-247.
- Langfield-Smith, Kim, 1997. "Management control systems and strategy: A critical review," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 207-232, February.
- Toivanen, Otto & Stoneman, Paul & Bosworth, Derek, 2002. " Innovation and the Market Value of UK Firms, 1989-1995," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 64(1), pages 39-61, February.
- Ittner, Christopher D. & Larcker, David F., 1997. "Quality strategy, strategic control systems, and organizational performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(3-4), pages 293-314.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998. "R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gril98-1, September.
- Jose Zofio & Jesus Pastor & Juan Aparicio, 2013.
"The directional profit efficiency measure: on why profit inefficiency is either technical or allocative,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 257-266, December.
- Zofío, José Luis & Pastor, Jesús & Aparicio, Juan, 2010. "The Directional Profit Efficiency Measure: On Why Profit Inefficiency is either Technical or Allocative," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2010/09, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Jean-Christophe Poutineau, 2003.
"Luenberger and Malmquist Productivity Indices: Theoretical Comparisons and Empirical Illustration,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 391-405, October.
- Jean-Christophe Poutineau & W. Briec & J.-P. Boussemart & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2003. "Luenberger and Malmquist Productivity Indices: Theoretical Comparisons and Empirical Illustration," Post-Print halshs-00068813, HAL.
- W. Briec, 1997. "A Graph-Type Extension of Farrell Technical Efficiency Measure," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 95-110, March.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Noel Capon & John U. Farley & Scott Hoenig, 1990. "Determinants of Financial Performance: A Meta-Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(10), pages 1143-1159, October.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 1996. "Productivity Growth in APEC Countries," Working Papers 197843, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Peter Abell & Teppo Felin & Nicolai Foss, 2008.
"Building micro-foundations for the routines, capabilities, and performance links,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(6), pages 489-502.
- Peter Abell & Teppo Felin & Nicolai Foss, 2007. "Building Micro-Foundations for the Routines, Capabilities, and Performance Links," DRUID Working Papers 07-02, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Wilson, Paul W, 1993. "Detecting Outliers in Deterministic Nonparametric Frontier Models with Multiple Outputs," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(3), pages 319-323, July.
- Paul S. Adler & Kim B. Clark, 1991. "Behind the Learning Curve: A Sketch of the Learning Process," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(3), pages 267-281, March.
- Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & John van Reenen, 1999. "Market Share, Market Value and Innovation in a Panel of British Manufacturing Firms," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(3), pages 529-554.
- Shantanu Dutta & Om Narasimhan & Surendra Rajiv, 1999. "Success in High-Technology Markets: Is Marketing Capability Critical?," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(4), pages 547-568.
- Agrell, Per J. & Bogetoft, Peter & Tind, Jorgen, 2002. "Incentive plans for productive efficiency, innovation and learning," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 1-11, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ang, Frederic & Kerstens, Pieter Jan, 2017. "Decomposing the Luenberger–Hicks–Moorsteen Total Factor Productivity indicator: An application to U.S. agriculture," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 260(1), pages 359-375.
More about this item
KeywordsBenchmarking; Resources; Management accounting; Organizational investments; Frontier analysis;
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:46:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s11123-016-0475-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Mallaigh Nolan). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.