Efficiency and benchmarking with directional distances. A data driven approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cinzia Daraio & Léopold Simar, 2016. "Efficiency and benchmarking with directional distances: a data-driven approach," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 67(7), pages 928-944, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Simar, Léopold & Vanhems, Anne, 2012.
"Probabilistic characterization of directional distances and their robust versions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 166(2), pages 342-354.
- Simar, Léopold & Vanhems, Anne, 2010. "Probabilistic Characterization of Directional Distances and their Robust Versions," TSE Working Papers 10-195, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Daraio, Cinzia & Simar, Léopold, 2014.
"Directional distances and their robust versions: Computational and testing issues,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 237(1), pages 358-369.
- Cinzia Daraio & Leopold Simar, 2013. "Directional Distances and their Robust versions. Computational and Testing Issues," DIAG Technical Reports 2013-11, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- K Kerstens & A Mounir & I Van de Woestyne, 2012.
"Benchmarking mean-variance portfolios using a shortage function: the choice of direction vector affects rankings!,"
Journal of the Operational Research Society,
Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 63(9), pages 1199-1212, September.
- K. Kerstens & A. Mounir & I. Van de Woestyne, 2012. "Benchmarking mean-variance portfolios using a shortage function : the choice of direction vector affects rankings !," Post-Print hal-00728318, HAL.
- Jose Zofio & Jesus Pastor & Juan Aparicio, 2013.
"The directional profit efficiency measure: on why profit inefficiency is either technical or allocative,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 257-266, December.
- Zofío, José Luis & Pastor, Jesús & Aparicio, Juan, 2010. "The Directional Profit Efficiency Measure: On Why Profit Inefficiency is either Technical or Allocative," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2010/09, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Peter Bogetoft, 1997. "DEA-based yardstick competition: The optimality of best practice regulation," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 73(0), pages 277-298, October.
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2011. "Inference by the m out of n bootstrap in nonparametric frontier models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 33-53, August.
- Pagan,Adrian & Ullah,Aman, 1999. "Nonparametric Econometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521586115, March.
- Korhonen, Pekka & Tainio, Risto & Wallenius, Jyrki, 2001. "Value efficiency analysis of academic research," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 121-132, April.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Chung, Yangho & Fare, Rolf, 1996. "Benefit and Distance Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 407-419, August.
- Simar, Léopold & Vanhems, Anne & Wilson, Paul W., 2012. "Statistical inference for DEA estimators of directional distances," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(3), pages 853-864.
- Dyson, Robert G., 2004. "Strategic development and SWOT analysis at the University of Warwick," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(3), pages 631-640, February.
- Emrouznejad, Ali & Parker, Barnett R. & Tavares, Gabriel, 2008. "Evaluation of research in efficiency and productivity: A survey and analysis of the first 30 years of scholarly literature in DEA," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 151-157, September.
- Kristiaan Kerstens & Ignace Van de Woestyne, 2009.
"Negative Data in DEA: A Simple Proportional Distance Function Approach,"
2009-ECO-03, IESEG School of Management.
- K. Kerstens & I. Van de Woyestyne, 2011. "Negative data in DEA: a simple proportional distance function approach," Post-Print halshs-00585619, HAL.
- Kerstens, Kristiaan & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2009. "Negative Data in DEA: A Simple Proportional Distance Function Approach," Working Papers 2009/04, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Wilson, Paul W, 1993. "Detecting Outliers in Deterministic Nonparametric Frontier Models with Multiple Outputs," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(3), pages 319-323, July.
- Peter Hall & Qi Li & Jeffrey S. Racine, 2007. "Nonparametric Estimation of Regression Functions in the Presence of Irrelevant Regressors," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(4), pages 784-789, November.
- A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper & E. Rhodes, 1981. "Evaluating Program and Managerial Efficiency: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis to Program Follow Through," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(6), pages 668-697, June.
- R. Färe & S. Grosskopf & G. Whittaker, 2013. "Directional output distance functions: endogenous directions based on exogenous normalization constraints," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 267-269, December.
- Jeffrey Racine, 2008. "Nonparametric econometrics: a primer (in Russian)," Quantile, Quantile, issue 4, pages 7-56, March.
- Racine, Jeffrey S., 2008. "Nonparametric Econometrics: A Primer," Foundations and Trends(R) in Econometrics, now publishers, vol. 3(1), pages 1-88, March.
- Rolf Färe & Shawna Grosskopf, 2000. "Theory and Application of Directional Distance Functions," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 93-103, March.
- Marco Di Marzio & Agnese Panzera & Charles C. Taylor, 2013. "Non-parametric Regression for Circular Responses," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 40(2), pages 238-255, June.
- Antonio Peyrache & Cinzia Daraio, 2012. "Empirical tools to assess the sensitivity of directional distance functions to direction selection," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(8), pages 933-943, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pedro Macedo & Elvira Silva, 2017. "Sensitivity of directional technical inefficiency measures to the choice of the direction vector: a simulation study," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 37(1), pages 52-62.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:262:y:2017:i:2:p:792-801 is not listed on IDEAS
- Duygun, Meryem & Sena, Vania & Shaban, Mohamed, 2016. "Trademarking activities and total factor productivity: Some evidence for British commercial banks using a metafrontier approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 72(S), pages 70-80.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:262:y:2017:i:1:p:361-369 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paolo Liberati & Raffaele Lagravinese & Giuliano Resce, 2017. "How Does Economic Social And Cultural Status Affect The Efficiency Of Educational Attainments? A Comparative Analysis On Pisa Results," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0217, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Ang, Frederic & Kerstens, Pieter Jan, 2017. "Decomposing the Luenberger–Hicks–Moorsteen Total Factor Productivity indicator: An application to U.S. agriculture," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 260(1), pages 359-375.
More about this item
KeywordsDEA; benchmarking; directional distance functions; nonparametric estimation; heterogeneity; performance; productivity; organizational studies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-05-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2014-05-09 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-CSE-2014-05-09 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ECM-2014-05-09 (Econometrics)
- NEP-EFF-2014-05-09 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aeg:report:2014-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antonietta Angelica Zucconi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dirosit.html .