Commercial success and artistic recognition of motion picture projects
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nelson, Randy A, et al, 2001. "What's an Oscar Worth?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(1), pages 1-16, January.
- De Vany, Arthur & Walls, W David, 1996. "Bose-Einstein Dynamics and Adaptive Contracting in the Motion Picture Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(439), pages 1493-1514, November.
- Christian Jansen, 2005. "The Performance of German Motion Pictures, Profits and Subsidies: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 191-212, August.
- Collins, A. & Hand, C. & Snell, M.C., 2001.
"What Makes a Blockbuster? Economic Analysis of Film Success in the United Kingdom,"
137, Portsmouth University - Department of Economics.
- Alan Collins & Chris Hand & Martin C. Snell, 2002. "What makes a blockbuster? Economic analysis of film success in the United Kingdom," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 343-354.
- M. Bagella & L. Becchetti, 1999. "The Determinants of Motion Picture Box Office Performance: Evidence from Movies Produced in Italy," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 237-256, November.
- Joseph Lampel & Jamal Shamsie, 2003. "Capabilities in Motion: New Organizational Forms and the Reshaping of the Hollywood Movie Industry," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(8), pages 2189-2210, December.
- Victor Ginsburgh, 2003.
"Awards, success and aesthetic quality in the arts,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/1679, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Paul R. Milgrom & John Roberts, 1984.
"Price and Advertising Signals of Product Quality,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
709, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-58, December.
- Baumol, William J, 1986. "Unnatural Value: Or Art Investment as Floating Crap Game," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 10-14, May.
- Francis Lee, 2006. "Cultural Discount and Cross-Culture Predictability: Examining the Box Office Performance of American Movies in Hong Kong," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 259-278.
- Ramya Neelamegham & Pradeep Chintagunta, 1999. "A Bayesian Model to Forecast New Product Performance in Domestic and International Markets," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(2), pages 115-136.
- W. Walls, 2005.
"Modeling Movie Success When ‘Nobody Knows Anything’: Conditional Stable-Distribution Analysis Of Film Returns,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 177-190, August.
- W David Walls, 2004. "Modeling movie success when "nobody knows anything": Conditional stable distribution analysis of film returns," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 409, Econometric Society.
- Arthur De Vany & W. David Walls, 2002.
"Does Hollywood Make Too Many R-Rated Movies? Risk, Stochastic Dominance, and the Illusion of Expectation,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(3), pages 425-452, July.
- De Vany, A. & Walls, W.D., 2000. "Does Hollywood make too many R-Rated Movies? Risk, Stochastic Dominance, and the Illusion of Expectation," Papers 99-00-24, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Morris Holbrook, 2005. "The Role of Ordinary Evaluations in the Market for Popular Culture: Do Consumers Have “Good Taste”?," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 75-86, April.
- Sedgwick, John & Pokorny, Michael, 1998. "The Risk Environment of Film Making: Warner Bros in the Inter-War Years," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 196-220, April.
- Holbrook, Morris B, 1999. " Popular Appeal versus Expert Judgments of Motion Pictures," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(2), pages 144-55, September.
- W. D. Walls, 2005.
"Modelling heavy tails and skewness in film returns,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(17), pages 1181-1188.
- De Vany, Arthur S. & Walls, W. David, 2004. "Motion picture profit, the stable Paretian hypothesis, and the curse of the superstar," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1035-1057, March.
- W. D. Walls, 2005. "Demand stochastics, supply adaptation, and the distribution of film earnings," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(10), pages 619-623.
- Sanjeev Swami & Jehoshua Eliashberg & Charles B. Weinberg, 1999. "SilverScreener: A Modeling Approach to Movie Screens Management," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(3), pages 352-372.
- Arthur De Vany & W. Walls, 1999. "Uncertainty in the Movie Industry: Does Star Power Reduce the Terror of the Box Office?," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 285-318, November.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Sheila Weyers, 1999.
"On the Perceived Quality of Movies,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 269-283, November.
- Mohanbir S. Sawhney & Jehoshua Eliashberg, 1996. "A Parsimonious Model for Forecasting Gross Box-Office Revenues of Motion Pictures," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(2), pages 113-131.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Eichenberger, Reiner, 1995. "On the rate of return in the art market: Survey and evaluation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 528-537, April.
- De Vany, Arthur S & Walls, W David, 1997. "The Market for Motion Pictures: Rank, Revenue, and Survival," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(4), pages 783-97, October.
- Steven Albert, 1998. "Movie Stars and the Distribution of Financially Successful Films in the Motion Picture Industry," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 249-270, December.
- Giuseppe Delmestri & Fabrizio Montanari & Alessandro Usai, 2005. "Reputation and Strength of Ties in Predicting Commercial Success and Artistic Merit of Independents in the Italian Feature Film Industry," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(5), pages 975-1002, 07.
- Henderson, Rebecca. & Cockburn, Iain., 1994. "Measuring competence? : exploring firm effects in pharmaceutical research," Working papers 3712-94., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jculte:v:34:y:2010:i:1:p:45-80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.