Understanding preferences for motion pictures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jehoshua Eliashberg & Anita Elberse & Mark A.A.M. Leenders, 2006. "The Motion Picture Industry: Critical Issues in Practice, Current Research, and New Research Directions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 638-661, 11-12.
- Thorsten Hennig-Thurau & Mark Houston & Shrihari Sridhar, 2006. "Can good marketing carry a bad product? Evidence from the motion picture industry," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 205-219, July.
- Ramya Neelamegham & Pradeep Chintagunta, 1999. "A Bayesian Model to Forecast New Product Performance in Domestic and International Markets," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(2), pages 115-136.
- Berend Wierenga, 2006. "—Motion Pictures: Consumers, Channels, and Intuition," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 674-677, 11-12.
- Andrew A. Goett & Kathleen Hudson & Kenneth E. Train, 2000. "Customers' Choice Among Retail Energy Suppliers: The Willingness-to-Pay for Service Attributes," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 1-28.
- Hong, Sung-Tai & Wyer, Robert S, Jr, 1989. " Effects of Country-of-Origin and Product-Attribute Information on Product Evaluation: An Information Processing Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 175-187, September.
- Charles C. Moul, 2007. "Measuring Word of Mouth's Impact on Theatrical Movie Admissions," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(4), pages 859-892, December.
- Yie-Fang Kao & Li-Shia Huang & Ming-Hsien Yang, 2007. "Effects of experiential elements on experiential satisfaction and loyalty intentions: a case study of the super basketball league in Taiwan," International Journal of Revenue Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 79-96.
- Tülin Erdem, 1996. "A Dynamic Analysis of Market Structure Based on Panel Data," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(4), pages 359-378.
- Byeng-Hee Chang & Eyun-Jung Ki, 2005. "Devising a Practical Model for Predicting Theatrical Movie Success: Focusing on the Experience Good Property," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 247-269.
- Andrew Ainslie & Xavier Drèze & Fred Zufryden, 2005. "Modeling Movie Life Cycles and Market Share," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 508-517, November.
- Vijay Mahajan & Eitan Muller & Roger A. Kerin, 1984. "Introduction Strategy for New Products with Positive and Negative Word-of-Mouth," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(12), pages 1389-1404, December.
- Elberse, Anita & Anand, Bharat, 2007. "The effectiveness of pre-release advertising for motion pictures: An empirical investigation using a simulated market," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 319-343, October.
- Vag, Andras, 2007. "Simulating changing consumer preferences: A dynamic conjoint model," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(8), pages 904-911, August.
- M. Bagella & L. Becchetti, 1999. "The Determinants of Motion Picture Box Office Performance: Evidence from Movies Produced in Italy," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 23(4), pages 237-256, November.
- Jehoshua Eliashberg & Jedid-Jah Jonker & Mohanbir S. Sawhney & Berend Wierenga, 2000. "MOVIEMOD: An Implementable Decision-Support System for Prerelease Market Evaluation of Motion Pictures," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(3), pages 226-243, January.
- Skilton, Paul F., 2009. "Knowledge based resources, property based resources and supplier bargaining power in Hollywood motion picture projects," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(8), pages 834-840, August.
- Elrod, Terry & Keane, Michael, 1995. "A Factor-Analytic Probit Model for Representing the Market Structure in Panel Data," MPRA Paper 52434, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Moller, K. E. Kristian & Karppinen, Pirjo, 1983. "Role of motives and attributes in consumer motion picture choice," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 239-262.
- Gerda Gemser & Martine Oostrum & Mark Leenders, 2007. "The impact of film reviews on the box office performance of art house versus mainstream motion pictures," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 31(1), pages 43-63, March.
- Holbrook, Morris B, 1999. " Popular Appeal versus Expert Judgments of Motion Pictures," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(2), pages 144-155, September.
- Arthur De Vany & W. Walls, 1999. "Uncertainty in the Movie Industry: Does Star Power Reduce the Terror of the Box Office?," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 23(4), pages 285-318, November.
- Jehoshua Eliashberg & Mohanbir S. Sawhney, 1994. "Modeling Goes to Hollywood: Predicting Individual Differences in Movie Enjoyment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(9), pages 1151-1173, September.
- Mohanbir S. Sawhney & Jehoshua Eliashberg, 1996. "A Parsimonious Model for Forecasting Gross Box-Office Revenues of Motion Pictures," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(2), pages 113-131.
- Manuel Cuadrado & Marta Frasquet, 1999. "Segmentation of Cinema Audiences: An Exploratory Study Applied to Young Consumers," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 23(4), pages 257-267, November.
- Sanjay Sood & Xavier Drze, 2006. "Brand Extensions of Experiential Goods: Movie Sequel Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(3), pages 352-360, October.
- Patrick Biernacki & Dan Waldorf, 1981. "Snowball Sampling: Problems and Techniques of Chain Referral Sampling," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 10(2), pages 141-163, November.
- Sethuraman, Raj & Kerin, Roger A. & Cron, William L., 2005. "A field study comparing online and offline data collection methods for identifying product attribute preferences using conjoint analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(5), pages 602-610, May.
More about this item
KeywordsFactor-analytic Conjoint analysis Motion picture Aesthetics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:64:y:2011:i:8:p:854-861. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.