On the rate of return in the art market: Survey and evaluation
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ross, Myron H & Zondervan, Scott, 1989. "Capital Gains and the Rate of Return on a Stradivarius," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(3), pages 529-540, July.
- O. Chanel & L. A. Gerard-Varet & V. Ginsburgh, 1994.
"Prices and Returns on Paintings: An Exercise on How to Price the Priceless,"
The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 19(1), pages 7-21, June.
- Chanel, O. & Gerard-Varet, L. A. & Ginsburgh, V., "undated". "Prices and returns on paintings: an exercice on how to price the priceless," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1106, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Chanel, O. & Gerard-Varet, L.A. & Ginsburgh, V., 1993. "Prices and Returns on Paintings and Exercise on How to Price the Priceless," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 93b01, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Olivier Chanel & Louis-André Gérard-Varet & Victor Ginsburgh, 1994. "Prices and returns on paintings: an exercise on how to price the priceless," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1721, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Goetzmann, William N, 1993. "Accounting for Taste: Art and the Financial Markets over Three Centuries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1370-1376, December.
- Baumol, William J, 1986. "Unnatural Value: Or Art Investment as Floating Crap Game," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 10-14, May.
- Baumol, William J., 1985. "Unnatural Value: Or Art Investment as Floating Crap Game," Working Papers 85-25, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Pesando, James E, 1993. "Art as an Investment: The Market for Modern Prints," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1075-1089, December.
- Stein, John Picard, 1977. "The Monetary Appreciation of Paintings," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 1021-1035, October.
- Machina, Mark J, 1987. "Choice under Uncertainty: Problems Solved and Unsolved," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 121-154, Summer.
- Anderson, Robert C, 1974. "Paintings as an Investment," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(1), pages 13-26, March.
- Frey, Bruno S, 1994. "Cultural Economics and Museum Behaviour," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 41(3), pages 325-335, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:39:y:1995:i:3-4:p:528-537. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.