SilverScreener: A Modeling Approach to Movie Screens Management
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles B. Weinberg, 1986. "Arts Plan: Implementation, Evolution, and Usage," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 143-158.
- Sawik, Tadeusz J., 1982. "Scheduling multi-operational tasks on nonidentical machines as a time-optimal control problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 173-181, June.
- Magid M. Abraham & Leonard M. Lodish, 1993. "An Implemented System for Improving Promotion Productivity Using Store Scanner Data," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(3), pages 248-269.
- Vijay Mahajan & Eitan Muller & Roger A. Kerin, 1984. "Introduction Strategy for New Products with Positive and Negative Word-of-Mouth," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(12), pages 1389-1404, December.
- Holbrook, Morris B & Hirschman, Elizabeth C, 1982. "The Experiential Aspects of Consumption: Consumer Fantasies, Feelings, and Fun," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 132-140, September.
- Leonard M. Lodish, 1971. "Callplan: An Interactive Salesman's Call Planning System," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(4-Part-II), pages 25-40, December.
- Charles B. Weinberg & Kenneth M. Shachmut, 1978. "ARTS PLAN: A Model Based System for Use in Planning a Performing Arts Series," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(6), pages 654-664, February.
- Mohanbir S. Sawhney & Jehoshua Eliashberg, 1996. "A Parsimonious Model for Forecasting Gross Box-Office Revenues of Motion Pictures," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(2), pages 113-131.
- Pinedo, Michael, 1984. "A note on the flow time and the number of tardy jobs in stochastic open shops," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 81-85, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sanjeev Swami, 2006. "—Research Perspectives at the Interface of Marketing and Operations: Applications to the Motion Picture Industry," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 670-673, 11-12.
- Fei Peng & Lili Kang & Sajid Anwar & Xue Li, 2019. "Star power and box office revenues: evidence from China," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 43(2), pages 247-278, June.
- Prasad Ashutosh & Bronnenberg Bart & Mahajan Vijay, 2004. "Product Entry Timing in Dual Distribution Channels: The Case of the Movie Industry," Review of Marketing Science, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-20, March.
- John D. C. Little, 2004. "Comments on ÜModels and Managers: The Concept of a Decision CalculusÝ," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(12_supple), pages 1854-1860, December.
- Gazley, Aaron & Clark, Gemma & Sinha, Ashish, 2011. "Understanding preferences for motion pictures," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(8), pages 854-861, August.
- Sanjeev Swami & Martin L. Puterman & Charles B. Weinberg, 2001. "Play It Again, Sam? Optimal Replacement Policies for a Motion Picture Exhibitor," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 3(4), pages 369-386, July.
- Ateca-Amestoy, Victoria & Prieto-Rodriguez, Juan, 2013.
"Forecasting accuracy of behavioural models for participation in the arts,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 229(1), pages 124-131.
- Ateca Amestoy, Victoria María & Prieto Rodríguez, Juan, 2012. "Forecasting accuracy of behavioural models for participation in the arts," DFAEII Working Papers 2012-01, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Victoria M. Ateca-Amestoy & Juan Prieto-Rodriguez, 2012. "Forecasting accuracy of behavioural models for participation in the arts," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-01-2012, Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Feb 2012.
- Palsule-Desai, Omkar D., 2013. "Supply chain coordination using revenue-dependent revenue sharing contracts," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 780-796.
- Jehoshua Eliashberg & Sanjeev Swami & Charles B. Weinberg & Berend Wierenga, 2001. "Implementing and Evaluating SilverScreener: A Marketing Management Support System for Movie Exhibitors," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 31(3_supplem), pages 108-127, June.
- Kamakura, Wagner A. & Schimmel, Carl W., 2013. "Uncovering audience preferences for concert features from single-ticket sales with a factor-analytic random-coefficients model," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 129-142.
- Ramya Neelamegham & Pradeep Chintagunta, 1999. "A Bayesian Model to Forecast New Product Performance in Domestic and International Markets," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(2), pages 115-136.
- Yang, Jun & Mai, Enping (Shirley), 2010. "Experiential goods with network externalities effects: An empirical study of online rating system," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 1050-1057, September.
- Yuan-Lin Hsu & Wen-Jhan Jane, 2016. "Bidirectional Causality for Word of Mouth and the Movie Box Office: An Empirical Investigation of Panel Data," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(3), pages 139-152, July.
- Küper, Inken & Edinger-Schons, Laura Marie, 2020. "Is sharing up for sale? Monetary exchanges in the sharing economy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 223-234.
- Sridhar, Shrihari & Naik, Prasad A. & Kelkar, Ajay, 2017. "Metrics unreliability and marketing overspending," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 761-779.
- Wikstrom, Solveig & Carlell, Camilla & Frostling-Henningsson, Maria, 2002. "From real world to mirror world representation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(8), pages 647-654, August.
- Carmela Milano, 2015. "Democratization or else vulgarization of cultural capital? The role of social networks in theater’s audience behavior," Working Papers CEB 15-004, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Eunae Jung & Hyungun Sung, 2017. "The Influence of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Outbreak on Online and Offline Markets for Retail Sales," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-23, March.
- Liu, Chihling & Keeling, Debbie Isobel & Hogg, Margaret K., 2016. "Strategy narratives and wellbeing challenges: The role of everyday self-presentation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 234-243.
More about this item
KeywordsMovies; Decision Support Systems; Retailing; Scheduling; Integer Programming;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:18:y:1999:i:3:p:352-372. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Matthew Walls (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.