The Impact of Information on Consumer Preferences for Different Animal Food Production Methods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Huffman, Wallace E. & Rousu, Matthew & Shogren, Jason F. & Tegene, Abebayehu, 2007.
"The effects of prior beliefs and learning on consumers' acceptance of genetically modified foods,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 193-206, May.
- Huffman, Wallace & Rousu, Matthew & Shogren, Jason F. & Tegene, Abebayehu, 2004. "The Effects of Prior Beliefs and Learning on Consumers' Acceptance of Genetically Modified Foods," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12212, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ruby, Melissa C. & Johnson, F. Reed & Mathews, Kristy E., 1998. "Assessing Opt-Out Formats For Discrete-Choice Stated Preferences: Results From A Saltwater Angling Survey," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20807, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jill E. Hobbs & DeeVon Bailey & David L. Dickinson & Morteza Haghiri, 2005. "Traceability in the Canadian Red Meat Sector: Do Consumers Care?," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 53(1), pages 47-65, March.
- Bennett, Richard M. & Blaney, Ralph J.P., 2003. "Estimating the benefits of farm animal welfare legislation using the contingent valuation method," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 29(1), July.
- Greene, William H. & Hensher, David A., 2007. "Heteroscedastic control for random coefficients and error components in mixed logit," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 610-623, September.
- Dermot J. Hayes & Jason F. Shogren & Seung Youll Shin & James B. Kliebenstein, 1995.
"Valuing Food Safety in Experimental Auction Markets,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(1), pages 40-53.
- Hayes, Dermot J. & Shogren, Jason F. & Shin, Seung Youll & Kliebenstein, James, 1995. "Valuing Food Safety in Experimental Auction Markets," Staff General Research Papers Archive 835, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Gunne Grankvist & Ulf Dahlstrand & Anders Biel, 2004. "The Impact of Environmental Labelling on Consumer Preference: Negative vs. Positive Labels," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 213-230, June.
- Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr. & Poghosyan, Arsen & Nichols, John P., 2002. "Consumer Willingness to Pay for Irradiated Beef," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24895, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fox, John A & Hayes, Dermot J & Shogren, Jason F, 2002.
"Consumer Preferences for Food Irradiation: How Favorable and Unfavorable Descriptions Affect Preferences for Irradiated Pork in Experimental Auctions,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 75-95, January.
- Fox, John A. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Shogren, Jason F., 2002. "Consumer Preferences for Food Irradiation: How Favorable and Unfavorable Descriptions Affect Preferences for Irradiated Pork in Experimental Auctions," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5207, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555.
- Mario F. Teisl & Nancy E. Bockstael & Alan Levy, 2001. "Measuring the Welfare Effects of Nutrition Information," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(1), pages 133-149.
- Rousu, Matthew C. & Shogren, Jason F., 2006. "Valuing Conflicting Public Information About a New Technology: The Case of Irradiated Foods," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(03), December.
- Jayson Lusk & Tomas Nilsson & Ken Foster, 2007. "Public Preferences and Private Choices: Effect of Altruism and Free Riding on Demand for Environmentally Certified Pork," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 36(4), pages 499-521, April.
- Wesley A. Magat & W. Kip Viscusi, 1992. "Informational Approaches to Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026213277x, January.
- Bennett, Richard M. & Blaney, Ralph J. P., 2003. "Estimating the benefits of farm animal welfare legislation using the contingent valuation method," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 85-98, July.
- Smith, Mark E. & van Ravenswaay, Eileen O. & Thompson, Stanley R., 1987. "Sales Loss Determination in Food Contamination Incidents: An Application to Milk Bans in Hawaii," Working Papers 115803, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Frykblom, Peter & Johan Lagerkvist, Carl, 2005.
"Using cheap talk as a test of validity in choice experiments,"
Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 147-152, November.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Frykblom, Peter & Lagerkvist, Carl-Johan, 2004. "Using Cheap-Talk as a Test of Validity in Choice Experiments," Working Papers in Economics 128, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Foster, William & Just, Richard E., 1989. "Measuring welfare effects of product contamination with consumer uncertainty," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 266-283, November.
- Stephane Hess & Denis Bolduc & John Polak, 2010.
"Random covariance heterogeneity in discrete choice models,"
Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 391-411, May.
- Stephane Hess & Denis Bolduc & John Polak, 2005. "Random Covariance Heterogeneity in Discrete Choice Models," ERSA conference papers ersa05p375, European Regional Science Association.
- Meuwissen, Miranda P.M. & van der Lans, Ivo A.C.M., 2004. "Trade-offs Between Consumer Concerns: An Application for Pork Production," 84th Seminar, February 8-11, 2004, Zeist, The Netherlands 24996, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Isabell Goldberg & Jutta Roosen, 2007. "Scope insensitivity in health risk reduction studies: A comparison of choice experiments and the contingent valuation method for valuing safer food," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 123-144, April.
- Banerjee, Abhijit & Solomon, Barry D., 2003. "Eco-labeling for energy efficiency and sustainability: a meta-evaluation of US programs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 109-123, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jürgen Meyerhoff & Morten Mørkbak & Søren Olsen, 2014. "A Meta-study Investigating the Sources of Protest Behaviour in Stated Preference Surveys," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 58(1), pages 35-57, May.
More about this item
KeywordsChoice experiment; Food safety; Animal production; Willingness to pay; Mixed logit model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jcopol:v:32:y:2009:i:4:p:313-331. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .