Firm Networking and Bribery in China: Assessing Some Potential Negative Consequences of Firm Openness
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Khalid Sekkat, 2005.
"Does corruption grease or sand the wheels of growth?,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/7364, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Khalid Sekkat, 2005. "Does corruption grease or sand the wheels of growth?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 122(1), pages 69-97, January.
- John Hagedoorn, 2002. "External Sources of Innovative Capabilities: The Preferences for Strategic Alliances or Mergers and Acquisitions," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(2), pages 167-188, 03.
- William Shafer & Kyoko Fukukawa & Grace Lee, 2007. "Values and the Perceived Importance of Ethics and Social Responsibility: The U.S. versus China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 70(3), pages 265-284, February.
- Reyes Calderón & José Álvarez-Arce & Silvia Mayoral, 2009.
"Corporation as a Crucial Ally Against Corruption,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 87(1), pages 319-332, April.
- Kerry Pedigo & Verena Marshall, 2009. "Bribery: Australian Managers’ Experiences and Responses When Operating in International Markets," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 87(1), pages 59-74, June.
- Naresh Khatri & Eric W K Tsang & Thomas M Begley, 2006. "Cronyism: a cross-cultural analysis," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(1), pages 61-75, January.
- Anand V. Swamy & Stephen Knack & Young Lee & Omar Azfar, 2000.
"Gender and Corruption,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2000-10, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Cule, Monika & Fulton, Murray, 2005. "Some implications of the unofficial economy-bureaucratic corruption relationship in transition countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 207-211, November.
- Friedman, Eric & Johnson, Simon & Kaufmann, Daniel & Zoido-Lobaton, Pablo, 2000. "Dodging the grabbing hand: the determinants of unofficial activity in 69 countries," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 459-493, June.
- Yadong Luo, 2004. "An Organizational Perspective of Corruption," Management and Organization Review, International Association of Chinese Management Research, vol. 1(1), pages 119-154, June.
- Motohashi, Kazuyuki & Yun, Xiao, 2007.
"China's innovation system reform and growing industry and science linkages,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1251-1260, October.
- Kazuyuki Motohashi & Xiao Yun, 2005. "China's Innovation System Reform and Growing Industry and Science Linkages," Discussion papers 05011, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- World Bank, 2006. "The World Bank Research Program 2004 : Abstracts of Current Studies," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13112.
- Gary chan, 2008. "The Relevance and Value of Confucianism in Contemporary Business Ethics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 77(3), pages 347-360, February.
- T. Sonobe & D. Hu & K. Otsuka, 2002. "Process of Cluster Formation in China: A Case Study of a Garment Town," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 118-139.
- Chenting Su & Ronald K. Mitchell & M. Joseph Sirgy, 2007. "Enabling Guanxi Management in China: A Hierarchical Stakeholder Model of Effective Guanxi," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 71(3), pages 301-319, March.
- Jakob Svensson, 2003.
"Who Must Pay Bribes And How Much? Evidence From A Cross Section Of Firms,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 118(1), pages 207-230, February.
- Svensson, Jakob, 2002. "Who Must Pay Bribes and How Much? Evidence from a cross-section of firms," Seminar Papers 713, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Svensson, Jakob, 2000. "Who must pay bribes and how much? Evidence from a cross-section of firms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2486, The World Bank.
- Liu, Xielin & White, Steven, 2001. "Comparing innovation systems: a framework and application to China's transitional context," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1091-1114, August.
- Abdiweli M. Ali & Hoden Said Isse, 2003. "Determinants of Economic Corruption: A Cross-Country Comparison," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 22(3), pages 449-466, Winter.
- Puhani, Patrick A, 2000. " The Heckman Correction for Sample Selection and Its Critique," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 53-68, February.
- Fisman, Raymond & Svensson, Jakob, 2000.
"Are corruption and taxation really harmful to growth? - firm-level evidence,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2485, The World Bank.
- Fisman, Raymond & Svensson, Jakob, 2007. "Are corruption and taxation really harmful to growth? Firm level evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 63-75, May.
- Steve Lovett & Lee C Simmons & Raja Kali, 1999. "Guanxi Versus the Market: Ethics and Efficiency," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 30(2), pages 231-247, June.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Pranab Bardhan, 1997. "Corruption and Development: A Review of Issues," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1320-1346, September.
- Christopher Baughn & Nancy Bodie & Mark Buchanan & Michael Bixby, 2010. "Bribery in International Business Transactions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 92(1), pages 15-32, March.
- Humphry Hung, 2008. "Normalized Collective Corruption in a Transitional Economy: Small Treasuries in Large Chinese Enterprises," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 79(1), pages 69-83, April.
- Sands, Barbara N, 1990. " Decentralizing an Economy: The Role of Bureaucratic Corruption in China's Economic Reforms," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 65(1), pages 85-91, April.
- Treisman, Daniel, 2000. "The causes of corruption: a cross-national study," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 399-457, June.
- Yanjing Chen & Mahmut YaÅŸar & Roderick Rejesus, 2008. "Factors Influencing the Incidence of Bribery Payouts by Firms: A Cross-Country Analysis," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 77(2), pages 231-244, January.
- Mauro, Paolo, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712, August.
- Zhang, Ying, 2009. "Alliance-based Network View on Chinese Firms' Catching-up: Case Study of Huawei Technologies Co.Ltd," MERIT Working Papers 039, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:107:y:2012:i:4:p:533-545. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.