Impacts of Socio-Psychological Factors on Actual Adoption of Sustainable Land Management Practices in Dryland and Water Stressed Areas
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hailemariam Teklewold & Menale Kassie & Bekele Shiferaw, 2013. "Adoption of Multiple Sustainable Agricultural Practices in Rural Ethiopia," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 597-623, September.
- Meike Wollni & David R. Lee & Janice E. Thies, 2010. "Conservation agriculture, organic marketing, and collective action in the Honduran hillsides," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(3‐4), pages 373-384, May.
- Oriana Bandiera & Imran Rasul, 2006.
"Social Networks and Technology Adoption in Northern Mozambique,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(514), pages 869-902, October.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Rasul, Imran, 2002. "Social networks and technology adoption in Northern Mozambique," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3539, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Oriana Bandiera & Imran Rasul, 2002. "Social Networks and Technology Adoption in Northern Mozambique," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 35, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Rasul, Imran, 2002. "Social Networks and Technology Adoption in Northern Mozambique," CEPR Discussion Papers 3341, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Awudu Abdulai & Wallace Huffman, 2014. "The Adoption and Impact of Soil and Water Conservation Technology: An Endogenous Switching Regression Application," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 90(1), pages 26-43.
- Yu, Xi & Hailu, Getu & Cao, Jessica, 2014. "Risk Attitudes, Social Interactions and the Adoption of Genotyping in Dairy Production," 2014 AAEA/EAAE/CAES Joint Symposium: Social Networks, Social Media and the Economics of Food, May 29-30, 2014, Montreal, Canada 166107, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Woldegebrial Zeweld & Guido Van Huylenbroeck & Girmay Tesfay & Stijn Speelman, 2020. "Smallholder farmers' behavioural intentions towards sustainable agricultural practices," 2020 Papers pze115, Job Market Papers.
- Jesus Barreiro-Hurle & Maria Espinosa-Goded & Pierre Dupraz, 2010. "Does intensity of change matter? Factors affecting adoption of agri-environmental schemes in Spain," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(7), pages 891-905.
- Khonje, Makaiko & Manda, Julius & Alene, Arega D. & Kassie, Menale, 2015. "Analysis of Adoption and Impacts of Improved Maize Varieties in Eastern Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 695-706.
- Julius Manda & Arega D. Alene & Cornelis Gardebroek & Menale Kassie & Gelson Tembo, 2016. "Adoption and Impacts of Sustainable Agricultural Practices on Maize Yields and Incomes: Evidence from Rural Zambia," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(1), pages 130-153, February.
- Belaineh Legesse & Lars Drake, 2005. "Determinants of smallholder farmers' perceptions of risk in the Eastern Highlands of Ethiopia," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(5), pages 383-416, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Castillo, Gracia Maria Lanza & Engler, Alejandra & Wollni, Meike, 2021. "Planned behavior and social capital: Understanding farmers’ behavior toward pressurized irrigation technologies," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 243(C).
- Samuel Assefa & Aad Kessler & Luuk Fleskens, 2018. "Assessing Farmers’ Willingness to Participate in Campaign-Based Watershed Management: Experiences from Boset District, Ethiopia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(12), pages 1-15, November.
- Vu, Ha Thu & Tran, Duc & Goto, Daisaku & Kawata, Keisuke, 2020. "Does experience sharing affect farmers’ pro-environmental behavior? A randomized controlled trial in Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 136(C).
- Hui Li & Diejun Huang & Qiuzhuo Ma & Wene Qi & Hua Li, 2019. "Factors Influencing the Technology Adoption Behaviours of Litchi Farmers in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-1, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gebremariam, Gebrelibanos & Tesfaye, Wondimagegn, 2018. "The heterogeneous effect of shocks on agricultural innovations adoption: Microeconometric evidence from rural Ethiopia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 154-161.
- Tufa, Adane Hirpa & Alene, Arega D. & Manda, Julius & Akinwale, M.G. & Chikoye, David & Feleke, Shiferaw & Wossen, Tesfamicheal & Manyong, Victor, 2019. "The productivity and income effects of adoption of improved soybean varieties and agronomic practices in Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 1-1.
- Kazushi Takahashi & Rie Muraoka & Keijiro Otsuka, 2020.
"Technology adoption, impact, and extension in developing countries’ agriculture: A review of the recent literature,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 51(1), pages 31-45, January.
- Kazushi Takahashi & Rie Muraoka & Keijiro Otsuka, 2019. "Technology Adoption, Impact, and Extension in Developing Countries' Agriculture: A Review of the Recent Literature," Working Papers 196, JICA Research Institute.
- Alexis Rampa & Yiorgos Gadanakis & Gillian Rose, 2020. "Land Reform in the Era of Global Warming—Can Land Reforms Help Agriculture Be Climate-Smart?," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-24, November.
- Teklewold, Hailemariam & Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2013. "Cropping system diversification, conservation tillage and modern seed adoption in Ethiopia: Impacts on household income, agrochemical use and demand for labor," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 85-93.
- Martey, Edward & Etwire, Prince Maxwell & Abdoulaye, Tahirou, 2020. "Welfare impacts of climate-smart agriculture in Ghana: Does row planting and drought-tolerant maize varieties matter?," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C).
- Ali M. Oumer & Michael Burton & Atakelty Hailu & Amin Mugera, 2020. "Sustainable agricultural intensification practices and cost efficiency in smallholder maize farms: Evidence from Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 51(6), pages 841-856, November.
- Aslihan Arslan & Kristin Floress & Christine Lamanna & Leslie Lipper & Solomon Asfaw & Todd Rosenstock, 2020. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 63 - The adoption of improved agricultural technologies - A meta-analysis for Africa," IFAD Research Series 304758, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- Varma, Poornima, 2017. "Adoption of System of Rice Intensification and its Impact on Rice Yields and Household Income: An Analysis for India," IIMA Working Papers WP2017-02-03, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Varma, P., 2018. "Adoption and the Impact of System of Rice Intensification on Rice Yields and Household Income: A study for India," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 275986, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Manda, Julius & Khonje, Makaiko G. & Alene, Arega D. & Tufa, Adane H & Abdoulaye, Tahirou & Mutenje, Munyaradzi & Setimela, Peter & Manyong, Victor, 2020. "Does cooperative membership increase and accelerate agricultural technology adoption? Empirical evidence from Zambia," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 158(C).
- Zeweld, Woldegebrial & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido & Tesfay, Girmay & Azadi, Hossein & Speelman, Stijn, 2020. "Sustainable agricultural practices, environmental risk mitigation and livelihood improvements: Empirical evidence from Northern Ethiopia," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C).
- Misganaw Teshager Abeje & Atsushi Tsunekawa & Enyew Adgo & Nigussie Haregeweyn & Zerihun Nigussie & Zemen Ayalew & Asres Elias & Dessalegn Molla & Daregot Berihun, 2019. "Exploring Drivers of Livelihood Diversification and Its Effect on Adoption of Sustainable Land Management Practices in the Upper Blue Nile Basin, Ethiopia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-23, May.
- Martey, Edward & Kuwornu, John K.M., 2021. "Perceptions of Climate Variability and Soil Fertility Management Choices Among Smallholder Farmers in Northern Ghana," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 180(C).
- Tefera, T. & Kassie, M. & Midingoyi, S. & Muriithi, B., 2018. "Do farmers and the environment benefit from adopting IPM practices? Evidence from Kenya," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 275946, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kim, Jongwoo & Mason, Nicole M. & Snapp, Sieglinde S., 2018. "Does sustainable intensification of maize production enhance child nutrition? Evidence from rural Tanzania," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 273906, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ndiritu, S. Wagura & Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele, 2014. "Are there systematic gender differences in the adoption of sustainable agricultural intensification practices? Evidence from Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(P1), pages 117-127.
- Ainembabazi, John Herbert & Abdoulaye, Tahirou & Feleke, Shiferaw & Alene, Arega & Dontsop-Nguezet, Paul M. & Ndayisaba, Pierre Celestin & Hicintuka, Cyrille & Mapatano, Sylvain & Manyong, Victor, 2018. "Who benefits from which agricultural research-for-development technologies? Evidence from farm household poverty analysis in Central Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 28-46.
- Teklewold, Hailemariam & Adam, Rahma I. & Marenya, Paswel, 2020. "What explains the gender differences in the adoption of multiple maize varieties? Empirical evidence from Uganda and Tanzania," World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 18(C).
- Wanglin Ma & Xiaobing Wang, 2020. "Internet Use, Sustainable Agricultural Practices and Rural Incomes: Evidence from China," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 64(4), pages 1087-1112, October.
More about this item
Keywordssocial capital; information; risk attitudes; agricultural practices; multivariate analysis.;
All these keywords.
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:9:p:2963-:d:164809. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.