Policy and Economic Change in the Agri-Food Sector in Ireland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Hynes & Nick Hanley & Riccardo Scarpa, 2008. "Effects on Welfare Measures of Alternative Means of Accounting for Preference Heterogeneity in Recreational Demand Models," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(4), pages 1011-1027.
- Stephen Hynes & Eoghan Garvey, 2009. "Modelling Farmers' Participation in an Agri-environmental Scheme using Panel Data: An Application to the Rural Environment Protection Scheme in Ireland," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 546-562.
- Doris Läpple & Thia Hennessy & Carol Newman, 2013. "Quantifying the Economic Return to Participatory Extension Programmes in Ireland: an Endogenous Switching Regression Analysis," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(2), pages 467-482, June.
- Carol Newman & Alan Matthews, 2006. "The productivity performance of Irish dairy farms 1984–2000: a multiple output distance function approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 191-205, October.
- Howley, Peter & Breen, James P. & Donoghue, Cathal O. & Hennessy, Thia, 2012. "Does the single farm payment affect farmers’ behaviour? A macro and micro analysis," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management, vol. 2(1), pages 1-8, October.
- Murphy, Geraldine & Hynes, Stephen & Murphy, Eithne & O'Donoghue, Cathal & Green, Stuart, 2011. "Assessing the compatibility of farmland biodiversity and habitats to the specifications of agri-environmental schemes using a multinomial logit approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 111-121.
- Suzanne O’Neill & Alan Matthews, 2001. "Technical Change and Efficiency in Irish Agriculture," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 32(3), pages 263-284.
- Thia Hennessy & Fiona Thorne, 2005. "How Decoupled Are Decoupled Payments? The Evidence from Ireland," Working Papers 0501, Rural Economy and Development Programme,Teagasc.
- Riordan, Brendan, 2012. "Estimation of the Contribution of the Biosector to Ireland’s Net Foreign Earnings: Methodology and Results," MPRA Paper 45674, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James Carroll & Carol Newman & Fiona Thorne, 2007. "A Comparison of Stochastic Frontier Approaches to Estimating Inefficiency and Total Factor Productivity: An Application to Irish Dairy Farming," Trinity Economics Papers tep0907, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Carol Newman & Alan Matthews, 2007. "Evaluating the Productivity Performance of Agricultural Enterprises in Ireland using a Multiple Output Distance Function Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 128-151, February.
- Hynes, Stephen & Farrelly, Niall & Murphy, Eithne & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2008. "Modelling habitat conservation and participation in agri-environmental schemes: A spatial microsimulation approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 258-269, June.
- Cathal Buckley & Stephen Hynes & Tom van Rensburg & Edel Doherty, 2009. "Walking in the Irish countryside: landowner preferences and attitudes to improved public access provision," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(8), pages 1053-1070.
- Matthews, Alan, 1996.
"The disappearing budget constraint on EU agricultural policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 497-508, December.
- Alan Matthews, 1995. "The Disappearing Budget Constraint on EU Agricultural Policy," Economics Policy Papers 954, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Breen, James P. & Hennessy, Thia C. & Thorne, Fiona S., 2005. "The effect of decoupling on the decision to produce: An Irish case study," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 129-144, April.
- Conor M. O'Toole & Carol Newman & Thia Hennessy, 2014. "Financing Constraints and Agricultural Investment: Effects of the Irish Financial Crisis," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(1), pages 152-176, January.
- Miller, Ana Corina & Matthews, Alan & Donnellan, Trevor & O’Donoghue, Cathal, 2013. "The Employment Effects of Food Harvest 2020 in Ireland," 87th Annual Conference, April 8-10, 2013, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 158698, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Kelly, E & Shalloo, L & Geary, U & Kinsella, A. & Thorne, F & Wallace, M, 2013. "An analysis of the factors associated with technical and scale efficiency of Irish dairy farms," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management, vol. 2(3), pages 1-11, April.
- Thia Hennessy & Shailesh Shrestha & Stephen Hynes, 2006. "The Effect of Decoupling on Farming in Ireland: A Regional Analysis," Working Papers 0611, Rural Economy and Development Programme,Teagasc.
- James Carroll & Carol Newman & Fiona Thorne, 2011. "A comparison of stochastic frontier approaches for estimating technical inefficiency and total factor productivity," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(27), pages 4007-4019.
- Stephen Hynes & Nick Hanley & Cathal O’Donoghue, 2010. "A Combinatorial Optimization Approach to Nonmarket Environmental Benefit Aggregation via Simulated Populations," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(2), pages 345-362.
- Peter Howley & Emma Dillon, 2012. "Modelling the effect of farming attitudes on farm credit use: a case study from Ireland," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 72(3), pages 456-470, November.
- Stephen Hynes & Thia Hennessy, 2012. "Agriculture, Fisheries and Food in the Irish Economy," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(10), pages 1340-1358, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:agisys:v:153:y:2017:i:c:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ags:ijofsd:277702 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ags:ijofsd:258153 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eso:journl:v:48:y:2017:i:2:p:207-229 is not listed on IDEAS
- O’Donoghue, Cathal & Ryan, Mary & Clavin, Dan & Heery, Declan & Leavy, Elaine, 2017. "Policy Incentives and the Organic Value Chain in Ireland," 2018 International European Forum (163rd EAAE Seminar), February 5-9, 2018, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 276901, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
More about this item
Keywordsagri-food sector; policy; Ireland;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eso:journl:v:46:y:2015:i:2:p:315-337. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Lawless). General contact details of provider: https://www.esr.ie .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.