The productivity performance of Irish dairy farms 1984–2000: a multiple output distance function approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Luis Orea & David Roibás & Alan Wall, 2004.
"Choosing the Technical Efficiency Orientation to Analyze Firms' Technology: A Model Selection Test Approach,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 51-71, July.
- Orea, Luis & Roibas, David & Wall, Alan, 2002. "Choosing the Technical Efficiency Orientation to Analyze Firms’ Technology: A Model Selection Test Approach," Efficiency Series Papers 2002/04, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Bernhard Brümmer & Thomas Glauben & Geert Thijssen, 2002. "Decomposition of Productivity Growth Using Distance Functions: The Case of Dairy Farms in Three European Countries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 628-644.
- Suzanne O’Neill & Alan Matthews, 2001. "Technical Change and Efficiency in Irish Agriculture," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 32(3), pages 263-284.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Álvarez, Antonio & Arias, Carlos, 2013. "Are dairy farms becoming more intensive? Impact on farm efficiency," Efficiency Series Papers 2013/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- repec:ags:gewipr:260271 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cathal O'Donoghue & Thia Hennessy, 2014. "Chapter 03: The Agri-Food Sector," Chapters from Rural Economic Development in Ireland,in: Rural Economic Development in Ireland, edition 1, chapter 3 Rural Economy and Development Programme,Teagasc.
- Orea, Luis & Pérez, Jose A. & Roibás, David, 2013. "Evaluating the double effect of land fragmentation on technology choice and dairy farm productivity: A latent class model approach," Efficiency Series Papers 2013/08, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Pierrick Jan & Markus Lips & Michel Dumondel, 2012. "Total factor productivity change of Swiss dairy farms in the mountain region in the period 1999 to 2008," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 93(3), pages 273-298.
- Cathal O'Donoghue & Thia Hennessy, 2015. "Policy and Economic Change in the Agri-Food Sector in Ireland," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 46(2), pages 315-337.
- Morrison Paul, Catherine J. & Sauer, Johannes, 2010. "Technologies And Localized Technical Change," 50th Annual Conference, Braunschweig, Germany, September 29-October 1, 2010 93963, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Marte BjÃ¸rnsen & Gudbrand Lien & Timo SipilÃ¤inen, 2011. "The productivity performance of Finnish and Norwegian dairy farms: the effect of joining/not joining the EU," ERSA conference papers ersa11p793, European Regional Science Association.
- Latruffe, Laure & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Moreira, Victor H. & Desjeux, Yann & Dupraz, Pierre, 2011. "Productivity and Subsidies in European Union Countries: An Analysis for Dairy Farms Using Input Distance Frontiers," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114396, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alvarez, Antonio & del Corral, Julio & Tauer, Loren W., 2012.
"Modeling Unobserved Heterogeneity in New York Dairy Farms: One-Stage versus Two-Stage Models,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-11, December.
- del Corral, Julio & Alvarez, Antonio & Tauer, Loren W., 2009. "Detecting Technological Heterogeneity in New York Dairy Farms," Working Papers 51143, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- del Corral, Julio & Alvarez, Antonio & Tauer, Loren W., 2009. "Detecting Technological Heterogeneity in New York Dairy Farms," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49293, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Johannes Sauer, 2011. "The Empirical Identification of Heterogenous Technologies and Technical Change," Post-Print hal-00768585, HAL.
- Otieno, David Jakinda & Hubbard, Lionel J. & Ruto, Eric, 2011. "Technical efficiency and technology gaps in beef cattle production systems in Kenya: A stochastic metafrontier analysis," 85th Annual Conference, April 18-20, 2011, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 108947, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Álvarez, Antonio & del Corral, Julio & Solís, Daniel & Pérez, José Antonio, 2007. "Does Intensification Help to Improve the Economic Efficiency of Dairy Farms?," Efficiency Series Papers 2007/04, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Kellermann, Magnus & Salhofer, Klaus, 2011. "Comparing productivity growth in conventional and grassland dairy farms," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114763, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alan Matthews & Carol Newman & Fiona Thorne, 2006. "Productivity in Irish Agriculture," Working Papers 0614, Rural Economy and Development Programme,Teagasc.
- Kazukauskas, Andrius & Newman, Carol F. & Thorne, Fiona S., 2010. "Analysing the Effect of Decoupling on Agricultural Production: Evidence from Irish Dairy Farms using the Olley and Pakes Approach," Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, vol. 59(3).
- Alvarez, Antonio & Arias, Carlos, 2015. "Effects of switching between production systems in dairy farming," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), vol. 0(Issue 1), pages 1-16, April.
- Latruffe, Laure & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Moreira, Victor H. & Desjeux, Yann & Dupraz, Pierre, 2012. "Productivity and Subsidies in the European Union: An Analysis for Dairy Farms Using Input Distance Frontiers," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126846, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsStochastic output distance function; Generalized malmquist index; Decomposition; Irish dairy sector; D24; Q12;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:26:y:2006:i:2:p:191-205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.