Efficiency, productivity and technology comparison for farms in Central and Western Europe: The case of field crop and dairy farming in Hungary and France
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Laure Latruffe & József Fogarasi & Yann Desjeux, 2012. "Efficiency, productivity and technology comparison for farms in central and western europe : the case of field crop and dairy farming in hungary and france," Post-Print hal-01208812, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: The State of the Art,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 49-78, January.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1999. "Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: the State of the Art," Papers 9904, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Alfons Oude Lansink & Ky–sti Pietola, 2002. "Effciency and productivity of conventional and organic farms in Finland 1994--1997," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 29(1), pages 51-66, March.
- Léopold Simar & Paul W. Wilson, 1998.
"Sensitivity Analysis of Efficiency Scores: How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models,"
INFORMS, vol. 44(1), pages 49-61, January.
- SIMAR, Léopold & WILSON, Paul, 1995. "Sensitivity Analysis to Efficiency Scores : How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models," CORE Discussion Papers 1995043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "Sensitivity analysis of efficiency scores: how to bootstrap in nonparametric frontier models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1304, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wilson, Paul W, 1993. "Detecting Outliers in Deterministic Nonparametric Frontier Models with Multiple Outputs," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(3), pages 319-323, July.
- Laure Latruffe & Sophia Davidova & Kelvin Balcombe, 2008. "Productivity change in Polish agriculture: an illustration of a bootstrapping procedure applied to Malmquist indices," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 449-460.
- George Battese & D. Rao & Christopher O'Donnell, 2004. "A Metafrontier Production Function for Estimation of Technical Efficiencies and Technology Gaps for Firms Operating Under Different Technologies," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 91-103, January.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Bernhard Brümmer & Thomas Glauben & Geert Thijssen, 2002. "Decomposition of Productivity Growth Using Distance Functions: The Case of Dairy Farms in Three European Countries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 628-644.
- Swinnen, Johan F. M. & Gow, Hamish R., 1999. "Agricultural credit problems and policies during the transition to a market economy in Central and Eastern Europe," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 21-47, February.
- George E. Battese & D. S. Prasada Rao, 2002. "Technology Gap, Efficiency, and a Stochastic Metafrontier Function," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 1(2), pages 87-93, August.
- Alexander Gocht & Kelvin Balcombe, 2006. "Ranking efficiency units in DEA using bootstrapping an applied analysis for Slovenian farm data," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(2), pages 223-229, September.
- Chen, Zhuo & Song, Shunfeng, 2008.
"Efficiency and technology gap in China's agriculture: A regional meta-frontier analysis,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 287-296, June.
- Zhuo Chen & Shunfeng Song, 2006. "Efficiency and Technology Gap in China's Agriculture: A Regional META-Frontier Analysis," Working Papers 06-005, University of Nevada, Reno, Department of Economics;University of Nevada, Reno , Department of Resource Economics.
- Macours, Karen & Swinnen, Johan F. M., 2000. "Causes of Output Decline in Economic Transition: The Case of Central and Eastern European Agriculture," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 172-206, March.
- Laure Latruffe, 2010. "Competitiveness, Productivity and Efficiency in the Agricultural and Agri-Food Sectors," OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers 30, OECD Publishing.
- Bakucs, Lajos Zoltán & Ferto, Imre & Fogarasi, József, 2009. "Investment and financial constraints in Hungarian agriculture," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 122-124, September.
- Víctor Moreira & Boris Bravo-Ureta, 2010. "Technical efficiency and metatechnology ratios for dairy farms in three southern cone countries: a stochastic meta-frontier model," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 33-45, February.
- Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2004.
"Farm productivity and efficiency in the CEE applicant countries: a synthesis of results,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 30(1), January.
- Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2004. "Farm productivity and efficiency in the CEE applicant countries: a synthesis of results," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Sipilainen, Timo & Kuosmanen, Timo & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2008. "Measuring productivity differentials – An application to milk production in Nordic countries," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44277, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 1999. "Estimating and bootstrapping Malmquist indices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 459-471, June.
- Christopher O’Donnell & D. Rao & George Battese, 2008. "Metafrontier frameworks for the study of firm-level efficiencies and technology ratios," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 231-255, March.
- Wilson, Paul W., 2008. "FEAR: A software package for frontier efficiency analysis with R," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 247-254, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lancaric, Drahoslav & TÃ³th, MariÃ¡n & Savov, Radovan, 2013. "Which legal form of agricultural firm based on return on equity should be preferred? A panel data analysis of Slovak agricultural firms," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, vol. 115(3), December.
- Toth, Marian & Lancaric, Drahoslav & Savov, Radovan, 2014. "Which legal form is a key to success in Slovak agriculture?," 142nd Seminar, May 29-30, 2014, Budapest, Hungary 169091, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hoop, Daniel & Mack, Gabriele & Mann, Stefan & Schmid, Dierk, 2014. "On the dynamics of agricultural labour input and their impact on productivity and income: an empirical study of Swiss family farms," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management;International Farm Management Association, vol. 3(4), July.
- Cechura, Lukas & Grau, Aaron & Hockmann, Heinrich & Levkovych, Inna & Kroupova, Zdenka, 2014. "Catching up or falling behind in Eastern European agriculture – the case of milk production," 142nd Seminar, May 29-30, 2014, Budapest, Hungary 168927, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ang, Frederic & Oude Lansink, Alfons, 2014.
"Dynamic profit inefficiency: a DEA application to Belgian dairy farms,"
2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia
182649, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ang, Frederic & Oude Lansink, Alfons, 2014. "Dynamic Profit Inefficiency: A DEA Application to Belgian Dairy Farms," Working Papers 165693, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Haryanto, T. & Talib, B. A. & Salleh, N. H. M., 2016. "Technical Efficiency and Technology Gap in Indonesian Rice Farming," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 8(3), September.
- Mohamed Ghali & Laure Latruffe & Karine Daniel, 2016. "Efficient Use of Energy Resources on French Farms: An Analysis through Technical Efficiency," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(8), pages 1-15, July.
- repec:oup:erevae:v:45:y:2018:i:1:p:81-99. is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:agisys:v:154:y:2017:i:c:p:90-99 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:7:p:2490-:d:158270 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cechura, L. & Hockmann, H. & MalyÌ , M. & ZÌŒaÌ kovaÌ KroupovÃ¡, Z., 2015. "Comparison of Technology and Technical Efficiency in Cereal Production among EU Countries," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 7(2), June.
- Baležentis, Tomas & De Witte, Kristof, 2015. "One- and multi-directional conditional efficiency measurement – Efficiency in Lithuanian family farms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 245(2), pages 612-622.
- Radovan Savov & Juraj Cheben & Drahoslav Lancaric & Roman Serencéš, 2017. "MBNQA Approach in Quality Management Supporting Sustainable Business Performance in Agribusiness," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 19(44), pages 1-11, February.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1619-:d:147308 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:psc:journl:v:9:y:2017:i:3:p:243-273 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fertő, Imre & Baráth, Lajos, 2013.
"Heterogenitás és technikai hatékonyság - a magyar specializált szántóföldi növénytermesztő üzemek esete
[Heterogeneity and technical efficiency - the case of Hungarys specialized arable crop produc," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(6), pages 650-669.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnical efficiency; Malmquist indices; Metafrontier; Technology gap; Farms; Europe;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecosys:v:36:y:2012:i:2:p:264-278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/osteide.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.