Chapter 03: The Agri-Food Sector
In: Rural Economic Development in Ireland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Doris Läpple & Thia Hennessy & Carol Newman, 2013. "Quantifying the Economic Return to Participatory Extension Programmes in Ireland: an Endogenous Switching Regression Analysis," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(2), pages 467-482, June.
- Carol Newman & Alan Matthews, 2006. "The productivity performance of Irish dairy farms 1984–2000: a multiple output distance function approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 191-205, October.
- Howley, Peter & Breen, James P. & Donoghue, Cathal O. & Hennessy, Thia, 2012. "Does the single farm payment affect farmers’ behaviour? A macro and micro analysis," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management, vol. 2(1), pages 1-8, October.
- Erjavec, Emil & Chantreuil, Frédéric & Hanrahan, Kevin & Donnellan, Trevor & Salputra, Guna & Kozar, Maja & van Leeuwen, Myrna, 2011. "Policy assessment of an EU wide flat area CAP payments system," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1550-1558, July.
- Stephen O'Neill & Kevin Hanrahan, 2012. "Decoupling of agricultural support payments: the impact on land market participation decisions," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 39(4), pages 639-659, September.
- Murphy, Geraldine & Hynes, Stephen & Murphy, Eithne & O'Donoghue, Cathal & Green, Stuart, 2011. "Assessing the compatibility of farmland biodiversity and habitats to the specifications of agri-environmental schemes using a multinomial logit approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 111-121.
- Hynes, Stephen & Farrelly, Niall & Murphy, Eithne & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2008. "Modelling habitat conservation and participation in agri-environmental schemes: A spatial microsimulation approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 258-269, June.
- Thia C. Hennessy & Tahir Rehman, 2007. "An Investigation into Factors Affecting the Occupational Choices of Nominated Farm Heirs in Ireland," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 61-75, February.
- Binfield, Julian C. R. & Hennessy, Thia C., 2001. "Beef sector re-structuring after Agenda 2000: an Irish example," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 281-295, June.
- Cathal Buckley & Stephen Hynes & Tom van Rensburg & Edel Doherty, 2009. "Walking in the Irish countryside: landowner preferences and attitudes to improved public access provision," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(8), pages 1053-1070.
- Hennessy, Thia & Lapple, Doris & Shalloo, Laurence & Wallace, Michael, 2012. "An economic analysis of the Irish milk quota exchange scheme," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management, vol. 1(3), pages 1-9.
- Thia Hennessy & Shailesh Shrestha & Laurence Shalloo & Michael Wallace, 2009. "The Inefficiencies of Regionalised Milk Quota Trade," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 334-347, June.
- Emily Wiemers & Jasmina Behan, 2004. "Farm Forestry Investment in Ireland Under Uncertainty," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 35(3), pages 305-320.
- McErlean, Seamus & Wu, Ziping & Moss, Joan E. & IJpelaar, Jos & Doherty, Andrew, 2003.
"Do EU direct payments to beef producers belong in the ‘blue box’?,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(1), pages 1-19.
- Seamus McErlean & Ziping Wu & Joan Moss & Jos Ijpelaar & Andrew Doherty, 2003. "Do EU direct payments to beef producers belong in the 'blue box'?," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(1), pages 55-73, March.
- Miller, Ana Corina & Matthews, Alan & Donnellan, Trevor & O’Donoghue, Cathal, 2013. "The Employment Effects of Food Harvest 2020 in Ireland," 87th Annual Conference, April 8-10, 2013, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 158698, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Thia Hennessy & Shailesh Shrestha & Stephen Hynes, 2006. "The Effect of Decoupling on Farming in Ireland: A Regional Analysis," Working Papers 0611, Rural Economy and Development Programme,Teagasc.
- Peter Howley & Emma Dillon, 2012. "Modelling the effect of farming attitudes on farm credit use: a case study from Ireland," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 72(3), pages 456-470, November.
- Thia C. Hennessy & Tahir Rehman, 2008. "Assessing the Impact of the ‘Decoupling’ Reform of the Common Agricultural Policy on Irish Farmers’ Off‐farm Labour Market Participation Decisions," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(1), pages 41-56, February.
- Stephen Hynes & Eoghan Garvey, 2009. "Modelling Farmers’ Participation in an Agri‐environmental Scheme using Panel Data: An Application to the Rural Environment Protection Scheme in Ireland," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 546-562, September.
- Frederic Chantreuil & Fabrice Levert & Emil Erjavec & Trevor Donnellan & Kevin Hanrahan, 2004. "CAP reform : prospects for crop markets in the enlarged EU," Post-Print hal-01593890, HAL.
- Andrius Kazukauskas & Carol Newman & Daragh Clancy & Johannes Sauer, 2013. "Disinvestment, Farm Size, and Gradual Farm Exit: The Impact of Subsidy Decoupling in a European Context," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1068-1087.
- Suzanne O’Neill & Alan Matthews, 2001. "Technical Change and Efficiency in Irish Agriculture," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 32(3), pages 263-284.
- Riordan, Brendan, 2012. "Estimation of the Contribution of the Biosector to Ireland’s Net Foreign Earnings: Methodology and Results," MPRA Paper 45674, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James Carroll & Carol Newman & Fiona Thorne, 2007. "A Comparison of Stochastic Frontier Approaches to Estimating Inefficiency and Total Factor Productivity: An Application to Irish Dairy Farming," Trinity Economics Papers tep0907, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Carol Newman & Alan Matthews, 2007. "Evaluating the Productivity Performance of Agricultural Enterprises in Ireland using a Multiple Output Distance Function Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 128-151, February.
- Breen, James P. & Hennessy, Thia C. & Thorne, Fiona S., 2005. "The effect of decoupling on the decision to produce: An Irish case study," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 129-144, April.
- Conor M. O'Toole & Carol Newman & Thia Hennessy, 2014. "Financing Constraints and Agricultural Investment: Effects of the Irish Financial Crisis," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(1), pages 152-176, January.
- Kelly, E & Shalloo, L & Geary, U & Kinsella, A. & Thorne, F & Wallace, M, 2013. "An analysis of the factors associated with technical and scale efficiency of Irish dairy farms," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management, vol. 2(3), pages 1-11, April.
- James Carroll & Carol Newman & Fiona Thorne, 2011. "A comparison of stochastic frontier approaches for estimating technical inefficiency and total factor productivity," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(27), pages 4007-4019.
- Stephen Hynes & Nick Hanley & Cathal O’Donoghue, 2010. "A Combinatorial Optimization Approach to Nonmarket Environmental Benefit Aggregation via Simulated Populations," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(2), pages 345-362.
- Stephen Hynes & Thia Hennessy, 2012. "Agriculture, Fisheries and Food in the Irish Economy," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(10), pages 1340-1358, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tea:chaptr:chapter_3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Lennon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/reteaie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.