Strategic and operational management of organizational resilience: Current state of research and future directions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Timothy Prior & Jonas Hagmann, 2014. "Measuring resilience: methodological and political challenges of a trend security concept," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 281-298, March.
- Giada Di Stefano & Margaret Peteraf & Gianmario Verona, 2010. "Dynamic capabilities deconstructed -super-‡ : a bibliographic investigation into the origins, development, and future directions of the research domain," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 1187-1204, August.
- Raphael Suire & Jerome Vicente, 2014.
"Clusters for life or life cycles of clusters: in search of the critical factors of clusters' resilience,"
Entrepreneurship & Regional Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1-2), pages 142-164, April.
- Raphaël Suire & Jérôme Vicente, 2014. "Clusters for life or life cycles of clusters: in search of the critical factors of clusters' resilience," Post-Print halshs-00936252, HAL.
- Teixeira, Eduardo de Oliveira & Werther, William B., 2013. "Resilience: Continuous renewal of competitive advantages," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 333-342.
- Ron Boschma, 2015.
"Towards an Evolutionary Perspective on Regional Resilience,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(5), pages 733-751, May.
- Ron Boschma, 2014. "Towards an evolutionary perspective on regional resilience," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1409, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Mar 2014.
- Boschma, Ron, 2014. "Towards an evolutionary perspective on regional resilience," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/14, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Mamouni Limnios, Elena Alexandra & Mazzarol, Tim & Ghadouani, Anas & Schilizzi, Steven G.M., 2014. "The Resilience Architecture Framework: Four organizational archetypes," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 104-116.
- Gillian Bristow & Adrian Healy, 2014. "Regional Resilience: An Agency Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(5), pages 923-935, May.
- Sonia Irshad Mari & Young Hae Lee & Muhammad Saad Memon, 2014. "Sustainable and Resilient Supply Chain Network Design under Disruption Risks," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(10), pages 1-21, September.
- Arjen Boin & Michel J. G. van Eeten, 2013. "The Resilient Organization," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 429-445, March.
- Ferreira, Manuel Portugal & Santos, João Carvalho & de Almeida, Martinho Isnard Ribeiro & Reis, Nuno Rosa, 2014. "Mergers & acquisitions research: A bibliometric study of top strategy and international business journals, 1980–2010," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2550-2558.
- Sawik, Tadeusz, 2013. "Selection of resilient supply portfolio under disruption risks," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 259-269.
- Shakila Yacob, 2012. "Trans-generational renewal as managerial succession: The Behn Meyer story (1840--2000)," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(7), pages 1166-1185, October.
- Battiston, Stefano & Delli Gatti, Domenico & Gallegati, Mauro & Greenwald, Bruce & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2012.
"Liaisons dangereuses: Increasing connectivity, risk sharing, and systemic risk,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1121-1141.
- Stefano Battiston & Domenico Delli Gatti & Mauro Gallegati & Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2009. "Liaisons Dangereuses: Increasing Connectivity, Risk Sharing, and Systemic Risk," NBER Working Papers 15611, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruno Amann & Jacques Jaussaud, 2012. "Family and non-family business resilience in an economic downturn," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 203-223, April.
- Gilly, Jean-Pierre & Kechidi, Med & Talbot, Damien, 2014.
"Resilience of organisations and territories: The role of pivot firms,"
European Management Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 596-602.
- Jean-Pierre Gilly & Med Kechidi & Damien Talbot, 2014. "Resilience of organisations and territories: The role of pivot firms," Post-Print halshs-01228500, HAL.
- Emma Brandon-Jones & Brian Squire & Chad W. Autry & Kenneth J. Petersen, 2014. "A Contingent Resource-Based Perspective of Supply Chain Resilience and Robustness," Journal of Supply Chain Management, Institute for Supply Management, vol. 50(3), pages 55-73, July.
- Markman, Gideon M. & Venzin, Markus, 2014. "Resilience: Lessons from banks that have braved the economic crisis—And from those that have not," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1096-1107.
- Feldkircher, Martin, 2014.
"The determinants of vulnerability to the global financial crisis 2008 to 2009: Credit growth and other sources of risk,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 19-49.
- Feldkircher, Martin, 2012. "The determinants of vulnerability to the global financial crisis 2008 to 2009 : Credit growth and other sources of risk," BOFIT Discussion Papers 26/2012, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Elias Carayannis & Evangelos Grigoroudis & Stavros Sindakis & Christian Walter, 2014. "Business Model Innovation as Antecedent of Sustainable Enterprise Excellence and Resilience," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 5(3), pages 440-463, September.
- Pierre-Alexandre Balland, 2012. "Proximity and the Evolution of Collaboration Networks: Evidence from Research and Development Projects within the Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Industry," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(6), pages 741-756, September.
- Yusuf, Yahaya Y. & Musa, Ahmed & Dauda, Mohammed & El-Berishy, Nagham & Kovvuri, Dharma & Abubakar, Tijjani, 2014. "A study of the diffusion of agility and cluster competitiveness in the oil and gas supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(PB), pages 498-513.
- Adnan Kasman & Oscar Carvallo, 2013. "Efficiency and Risk in Latin American Banking: Explaining Resilience," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(2), pages 105-130, March.
- Adam Gersl & Petr Jakubik & Tomas Konecny & Jakub Seidler, 2013. "Dynamic Stress Testing: The Framework for Assessing the Resilience of the Banking Sector Used by the Czech National Bank," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 63(6), pages 505-536, December.
- Yongdeng Lei & Jing’ai Wang & Yaojie Yue & Hongjian Zhou & Weixia Yin, 2014. "Rethinking the relationships of vulnerability, resilience, and adaptation from a disaster risk perspective," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 70(1), pages 609-627, January.
- Sara Davies, 2011. "Regional resilience in the 2008--2010 downturn: comparative evidence from European countries," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 4(3), pages 369-382.
- Giada Di Stefano & Alfonso Gambardella & Gianmario Verona, 2012. "Technology Push and Demand Pull Perspectives in Innovation Studies: Current Findings and Future Research Directions," Post-Print hal-00696607, HAL.
- Lino Briguglio & Gordon Cordina & Nadia Farrugia & Stephanie Vella, 2009.
"Economic Vulnerability and Resilience: Concepts and Measurements,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 229-247.
- Briguglio, Lino & Cordina, Gordon & Farrugia, Nadia & Vella, Stephanie, 2008. "Economic Vulnerability and Resilience: Concepts and Measurements," WIDER Working Paper Series 055, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Samuel Ratick & Brian Meacham & Yuko Aoyama, 2008. "Locating Backup Facilities to Enhance Supply Chain Disaster Resilience," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 642-666, December.
- Chong, You Quan & Wang, Bin & Yue Tan, Gladys Li & Cheong, Siew Ann, 2014. "Diversified firms on dynamical supply chain cope with financial crisis better," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 239-245.
- Di Stefano, Giada & Gambardella, Alfonso & Verona, Gianmario, 2012. "Technology push and demand pull perspectives in innovation studies: Current findings and future research directions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 1283-1295.
- Lampel, Joseph & Bhalla, Ajay & Jha, Pushkar P., 2014. "Does governance confer organisational resilience? Evidence from UK employee owned businesses," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 66-72.
- Christopher Wright & Chung-Sok Suh & Christopher Leggett, 2009. "If at first you don't succeed: globalized production and organizational learning at the Hyundai Motor Company," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 163-180, April.
- Jaskiewicz, Peter & Combs, James G. & Rau, Sabine B., 2015. "Entrepreneurial legacy: Toward a theory of how some family firms nurture transgenerational entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 29-49.
- Olaf Jonkeren & Georgios Giannopoulos, 2014. "Analysing Critical Infrastructure Failure With A Resilience Inoperability Input--Output Model," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 39-59, March.
- Vallascas, Francesco & Keasey, Kevin, 2012. "Bank resilience to systemic shocks and the stability of banking systems: Small is beautiful," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1745-1776.
- Roland W. Scholz & Yann B. Blumer & Fridolin S. Brand, 2012. "Risk, vulnerability, robustness, and resilience from a decision-theoretic perspective," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 313-330, March.
- Kantur, Deniz & Ä°ÅŸeri-Say, Arzu, 2012. "Organizational resilience: A conceptual integrative framework," Journal of Management & Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(6), pages 762-773, November.
- Klibi, Walid & Martel, Alain, 2012. "Modeling approaches for the design of resilient supply networks under disruptions," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(2), pages 882-898.
- Mustafa KilinÃ§ & ZÃ¼beyir KilinÃ§ & M. Ibrahim Turhan, 2012. "Resilience of the Turkish Economy During the Global Financial Crisis of 2008," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(S5), pages 19-34, November.
- Hoffman, Donna L & Holbrook, Morris B, 1993. " The Intellectual Structure of Consumer Research: A Bibliometric Study of Author Cocitations in the First 15 Years of the Journal of Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 505-517, March.
- Mari, Sonia Irshad & Lee, Young Hae & Memon, Muhammad Saad & Cho, Su Yeon, 2014. "A Three-level Sustainable and Resilient Supply Chain Network Design under Disruption," MPRA Paper 58228, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giada Di Stefano & Margaret Peteraf & Gianmario Verona, 2010. "Dynamic Capabilities Deconstructed. A bibliographic investigation into the origins, development, and future directions of the research domain," Post-Print hal-00668737, HAL.
- Mistry, Jamshed & Sarkis, Joseph & Dhavale, Dileep G., 2014. "Multi-criteria analysis using latent class cluster ranking: An investigation into corporate resiliency," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 1-13.
- Burrows, Oliver & Learmonth, David & McKeown, jack & Williams, Richard, 2012. "RAMSI: a top-down stress-testing model developed at the Bank of England," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 52(3), pages 204-212.
- Romain Duval & Lukas Vogel, 2008. "Economic resilience to shocks: The role of structural policies," OECD Journal: Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2008(1), pages 1-38.
- Eleftherios Iakovou & Dimitrios Vlachos & Anastasios Xanthopoulos, 2007. "An analytical methodological framework for the optimal design of resilient supply chains," International Journal of Logistics Economics and Globalisation, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 1-20.
- Hamed Amini & Rama Cont & Andreea Minca, 2012. "Stress testing the resilience of financial networks," Post-Print hal-00801538, HAL.
- Pal, Rudrajeet & Torstensson, Håkan & Mattila, Heikki, 2014. "Antecedents of organizational resilience in economic crises—an empirical study of Swedish textile and clothing SMEs," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(PB), pages 410-428.
- Riolli, Laura & Savicki, Victor, 2003. "Information system organizational resilience," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 227-233, June.
- Paul O'Hare & Iain White, 2013. "Deconstructing Resilience: Lessons from Planning Practice," Planning Practice & Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 275-279, June.
- Didier, Tatiana & Hevia, Constantino & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2012. "How resilient and countercyclical were emerging economies during the global financial crisis?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2052-2077.
- Losada, Chaya & Scaparra, M. Paola & O’Hanley, Jesse R., 2012. "Optimizing system resilience: A facility protection model with recovery time," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 217(3), pages 519-530.
- Gupta Vipin, 2011. "Corporate Response to Global Financial Crisis: A Knowledge-Based Model," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 11(2), pages 1-17, July.
- Aitziber Elola & Mario Davide Parrilli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2013. "The Resilience of Clusters in the Context of Increasing Globalization: The Basque Wind Energy Value Chain," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(7), pages 989-1006, July.
- Geof Wood & Meera Tiwari & Debapriya Bhattacharya & Shouro Dasgupta, 2012. "Global Financial And Economic Crisis: Exploring The Resilience Of The Least Developed Countries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(6), pages 673-685, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sahebjamnia, Navid & Torabi, S. Ali & Mansouri, S. Afshin, 2018. "Building organizational resilience in the face of multiple disruptions," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 197(C), pages 63-83.
- Feng, Qiang & Zhao, Xiujie & Fan, Dongming & Cai, Baoping & Liu, Yiqi & Ren, Yi, 2019. "Resilience design method based on meta-structure: A case study of offshore wind farm," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 186(C), pages 232-244.
- Jyri Mustajoki & Mika Marttunen, 2019. "Improving resilience of reservoir operation in the context of watercourse regulation in Finland," EURO Journal on Decision Processes, Springer;EURO - The Association of European Operational Research Societies, vol. 7(3), pages 359-386, November.
- Wood, Matthew D. & Wells, Emily M. & Rice, Glenn & Linkov, Igor, 2019. "Quantifying and mapping resilience within large organizations," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 117-126.
- Dominguez, Roberto & Cannella, Salvatore & Barbosa-Póvoa, Ana P. & Framinan, Jose M., 2018. "Information sharing in supply chains with heterogeneous retailers," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 116-132.
- Beata Zatwarnicka-Madura & Dariusz Siemieniako & Ewa Glińska & Yauheniya Sazonenka, 2019. "Strategic and Operational Levels of CSR Marketing Communication for Sustainable Orientation of a Company: A Case Study from Bangladesh," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(2), pages 1-19, January.
- Kiss, Tibor & Kiss, Viktor Miklos, 2018. "Ecology-related resilience in urban planning – A complex approach for Pécs (Hungary)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 160-170.
- Parker, Hamieda & Ameen, Khadija, 2018. "The role of resilience capabilities in shaping how firms respond to disruptions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 535-541.
- Alessandro Annarelli & Cinzia Battistella & Fabio Nonino, 2020. "A Framework to Evaluate the Effects of Organizational Resilience on Service Quality," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-15, January.
- Luca Fraccascia & Ilaria Giannoccaro & Vito Albino, 2019. "Response to: Comment on “Resilience of Complex Systems: State of the Art and Directions for Future Research”," Complexity, Hindawi, vol. 2019, pages 1-3, July.
- Shubashini Rathina Velu & Abdullah Al Mamun & Thavamaran Kanesan & Naeem Hayat & Sharmini Gopinathan, 2019. "Effect of Information System Artifacts on Organizational Resilience: A Study among Malaysian SMEs," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-23, June.
- Cannella, Salvatore & Dominguez, Roberto & Framinan, Jose M., 2017. "Inventory record inaccuracy – The impact of structural complexity and lead time variability," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 123-138.
More about this item
KeywordsResilience; Organizational resilience; Operational resilience; Supply chain resilience; Cocitation analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:62:y:2016:i:c:p:1-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.