Mandatory universal drug plan, access to health care and health: Evidence from Canada
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Colin Busby & Jonathan Pedde, 2014. "Should Public Drug Plans be Based on Age or Income?," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 417, November.
- Kapur, Vishnu & Basu, Kisalaya, 2005. "Drug coverage in Canada: who is at risk?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 181-193, February.
- Mark Duggan & Fiona Scott Morton, 2010.
"The Effect of Medicare Part D on Pharmaceutical Prices and Utilization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(1), pages 590-607, March.
- Mark Duggan & Fiona Scott Morton, 2008. "The Effect of Medicare Part D on Pharmaceutical Prices and Utilization," NBER Working Papers 13917, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- A. Colin Cameron & Jonah B. Gelbach & Douglas L. Miller, 2008.
"Bootstrap-Based Improvements for Inference with Clustered Errors,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(3), pages 414-427, August.
- Doug Miller & A. Colin Cameron & Jonah B. Gelbach, 2006. "Bootstrap-Based Improvements for Inference with Clustered Errors," Working Papers 621, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- A. Colin Cameron & Jonah B. Gelbach & Douglas L. Miller, 2007. "Bootstrap-Based Improvements for Inference with Clustered Errors," NBER Technical Working Papers 0344, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steve Morgan & Jamie R. Daw & Michael R. Law, 2013. "Rethinking Pharmacare in Canada," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 384, June.
- Daw, Jamie R. & Morgan, Steven G. & Thomson, Paige A. & Law, Michael R., 2013. "Here today, gone tomorrow: The issue attention cycle and national print media coverage of prescription drug financing in Canada," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 67-75.
- Marin C. Gemmill & Joan Costa-Font & Alistair McGuire, 2007. "In search of a corrected prescription drug Elasticity estimate: a meta-regression approach," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(6), pages 627-643.
- Rainer Winkelmann, 2004.
"Co-payments for prescription drugs and the demand for doctor visits - Evidence from a natural experiment,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(11), pages 1081-1089.
- Rainer Winkelmann, 2003. "Co-Payments for Prescription Drugs and the Demand for Doctor Visits - Evidence from a Natural Experiment," SOI - Working Papers 0307, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Puhani, Patrick A., 2012.
"The treatment effect, the cross difference, and the interaction term in nonlinear “difference-in-differences” models,"
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 85-87.
- Puhani, Patrick A., 2008. "The Treatment Effect, the Cross Difference, and the Interaction Term in Nonlinear “Difference-in-Differences” Models," IZA Discussion Papers 3478, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Puhani P-A., 2010. "The Treatment Effect, the Cross Difference, and the Interaction Term in Nonlinear “Difference-in-Differences” Models," Working Papers ERMES 1004, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Sara Allin & Jeremiah Hurley, 2009.
"Inequity in publicly funded physician care: what is the role of private prescription drug insurance?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(10), pages 1218-1232.
- Sara Allin & Jeremiah Hurley, 2008. "Inequity in Publicly Funded Physician Care: What Is The Role Of Private Prescription Drug Insurance?," Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis Working Paper Series 2008-02, Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis (CHEPA), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada.
- Kolstad, Jonathan T. & Kowalski, Amanda E., 2012.
"The impact of health care reform on hospital and preventive care: Evidence from Massachusetts,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(11), pages 909-929.
- Jonathan T. Kolstad & Amanda E. Kowalski, 2010. "The Impact of Health Care Reform On Hospital and Preventive Care: Evidence from Massachusetts," NBER Working Papers 16012, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Stabile, 2001. "Private insurance subsidies and public health care markets: evidence from Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(4), pages 921-942, November.
- Zweifel, Peter & Manning, Willard G., 2000. "Moral hazard and consumer incentives in health care," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 409-459 Elsevier.
- Li, Xin & Guh, Daphne & Lacaille, Diane & Esdaile, John & Anis, Aslam H., 2007. "The impact of cost sharing of prescription drug expenditures on health care utilization by the elderly: Own- and cross-price elasticities," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 340-347, August.
- Robert Kaestner & Nasreen Khan, 2012. "Medicare Part D and Its Effect on the Use of Prescription Drugs and Use of Other Health Care Services of the Elderly," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(2), pages 253-279, March.
- Asakawa, Keiko & Senthilselvan, Ambikaipakan & Feeny, David & Johnson, Jeffrey & Rolfson, Darryl, 2012. "Trajectories of health-related quality of life differ by age among adults: Results from an eight-year longitudinal study," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 207-218.
- Paul Contoyannis & Jeremiah Hurley & Paul Grootendorst & Sung-Hee Jeon & Robyn Tamblyn, 2005. "Estimating the price elasticity of expenditure for prescription drugs in the presence of non-linear price schedules: an illustration from Quebec, Canada," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(9), pages 909-923.
- Stephen G. Donald & Kevin Lang, 2007. "Inference with Difference-in-Differences and Other Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(2), pages 221-233, May.
- Sule Alan & Thomas Crossley & Paul Grootendorst & Michael Veall, 2005. "Distributional effects of `general population' prescription drug programs in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(1), pages 128-148, February.
- Jeremiah Hurley & Emmanuel Guindon, 2008. "Private Health Insurance in Canada," Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis Working Paper Series 2008-04, Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis (CHEPA), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2004.
"How Much Should We Trust Differences-In-Differences Estimates?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 249-275.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2002. "How Much Should We Trust Differences-in-Differences Estimates?," NBER Working Papers 8841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsUniversal drug insurance; Drug utilization; Health care utilization; Health status; Physician visits;
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- I13 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Insurance, Public and Private
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:44:y:2015:i:c:p:80-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.