Effects of Prescription Drug Insurance on Hospitalization and Mortality: Evidence from Medicare Part D
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary V. Engelhardt & Jonathan Gruber, 2011. "Medicare Part D and the Financial Protection of the Elderly," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 77-102, November.
- Amitabh Chandra & Jonathan Gruber & Robin McKnight, 2010.
"Patient Cost-Sharing and Hospitalization Offsets in the Elderly,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(1), pages 193-213, March.
- Chandra, Amitabh & Gruber, Jonathan & McKnight, Robin, 2009. "Patient Cost-Sharing and Hospitalization Offsets in the Elderly," Scholarly Articles 8058412, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Jonathan D. Ketcham & Kosali Simon, 2008. "Medicare Part D's Effects on Elderly Drug Costs and Utilization," NBER Working Papers 14326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helen Levy & David R. Weir, 2010.
"Take-up of Medicare Part D: Results From the Health and Retirement Study,"
Journals of Gerontology: Series B,
Gerontological Society of America, vol. 65(4), pages 492-501.
- Helen Levy & David Weir, 2009. "Take-Up of Medicare Part D: Results from the Health and Retirement Study," NBER Working Papers 14692, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gaynor Martin & Li Jian & Vogt William B, 2007. "Substitution, Spending Offsets, and Prescription Drug Benefit Design," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-33, July.
- Robert Kaestner & Nasreen Khan, 2012. "Medicare Part D and Its Effect on the Use of Prescription Drugs and Use of Other Health Care Services of the Elderly," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(2), pages 253-279, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tianyan Hu & Sandra L. Decker & Shin-Yi Chou, 2014. "The Impact of Health Insurance Expansion on Physician Treatment Choice: Medicare Part D and Physician Prescribing," NBER Working Papers 20708, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ausmita Ghosh & Kosali Simon, 2015. "The Effect of Medicaid on Adult Hospitalizations: Evidence from Tennessee’s Medicaid Contraction," NBER Working Papers 21580, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:kap:ijhcfe:v:17:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10754-017-9211-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ausmita Ghosh & Kosali Simon & Benjamin D. Sommers, 2017. "The Effect of State Medicaid Expansions on Prescription Drug Use: Evidence from the Affordable Care Act," NBER Working Papers 23044, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:jhecon:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:17-37 is not listed on IDEAS
- Padmaja Ayyagari, 2016. "Prescription drug coverage and chronic pain," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 189-200, June.
- Ayyagari, Padmaja & Shane, Dan M., 2015. "Does prescription drug coverage improve mental health? Evidence from Medicare Part D," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 46-58.
More about this item
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I13 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Insurance, Public and Private
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2014-03-15 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2014-03-15 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:19948. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .