Effects of Prescription Drug Insurance on Hospitalization and Mortality: Evidence from Medicare Part D
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary V. Engelhardt & Jonathan Gruber, 2011. "Medicare Part D and the Financial Protection of the Elderly," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 77-102, November.
- Amitabh Chandra & Jonathan Gruber & Robin McKnight, 2010.
"Patient Cost-Sharing and Hospitalization Offsets in the Elderly,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(1), pages 193-213, March.
- Chandra, Amitabh & Gruber, Jonathan & McKnight, Robin, 2009. "Patient Cost-Sharing and Hospitalization Offsets in the Elderly," Scholarly Articles 8058412, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Jonathan D. Ketcham & Kosali Simon, 2008. "Medicare Part D's Effects on Elderly Drug Costs and Utilization," NBER Working Papers 14326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helen Levy & David R. Weir, 2010.
"Take-up of Medicare Part D: Results From the Health and Retirement Study,"
Journals of Gerontology: Series B,
Gerontological Society of America, vol. 65(4), pages 492-501.
- Helen Levy & David Weir, 2009. "Take-Up of Medicare Part D: Results from the Health and Retirement Study," NBER Working Papers 14692, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gaynor Martin & Li Jian & Vogt William B, 2007. "Substitution, Spending Offsets, and Prescription Drug Benefit Design," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-33, July.
- Robert Kaestner & Nasreen Khan, 2012. "Medicare Part D and Its Effect on the Use of Prescription Drugs and Use of Other Health Care Services of the Elderly," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(2), pages 253-279, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tianyan Hu & Sandra L. Decker & Shin-Yi Chou, 2014. "The Impact of Health Insurance Expansion on Physician Treatment Choice: Medicare Part D and Physician Prescribing," NBER Working Papers 20708, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:wly:hlthec:v:26:y:2017:i:11:p:1447-1458 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ausmita Ghosh & Kosali Simon, 2015. "The Effect of Medicaid on Adult Hospitalizations: Evidence from Tennessee’s Medicaid Contraction," NBER Working Papers 21580, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:kap:ijhcfe:v:17:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10754-017-9211-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ausmita Ghosh & Kosali Simon & Benjamin D. Sommers, 2017. "The Effect of State Medicaid Expansions on Prescription Drug Use: Evidence from the Affordable Care Act," NBER Working Papers 23044, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:jhecon:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:17-37 is not listed on IDEAS
- Padmaja Ayyagari, 2016. "Prescription drug coverage and chronic pain," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 189-200, June.
- Ayyagari, Padmaja & Shane, Dan M., 2015. "Does prescription drug coverage improve mental health? Evidence from Medicare Part D," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 46-58.
More about this item
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I13 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Insurance, Public and Private
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2014-03-15 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2014-03-15 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:19948. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.