How far from harmonization are sanitary, phytosanitary and quality-related standards? An exporter’s perception approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Henson, Spencer J. & Jaffee, Steven, 2006. "A Strategic Perspective on the Impact of Food Safety Standards on Developing Countries," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25456, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Disdier, Anne-Celia & Fontagne, Lionel & Mimouni, Mondher, 2008.
"AJAE Appendix: The Impact of Regulations on Agricultural Trade: Evidence from the SPS and TBT Agreements,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics Appendices,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), May.
- Anne-Célia Disdier & Lionel Fontagné & Mondher Mimouni, 2008. "The Impact of Regulations on Agricultural Trade: Evidence from the SPS and TBT Agreements," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 336-350.
- Wilson, John S. & Otsuki, Tsunehiro, 2004.
"To spray or not to spray: pesticides, banana exports, and food safety,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 131-146, April.
- Wilson, John S. & Tsunehiro Otsuki, 2002. "To spray or not to spray? - pesticides, banana exports, and food safety," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2805, The World Bank.
- Steven Bernstein & Erin Hannah, 2008. "Non-State Global Standard Setting and the WTO: Legitimacy and the Need for Regulatory Space," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 575-608, September.
- Jongwanich, Juthathip, 2009. "Impact of Food Safety Standards on Processed Food Exports from Developing Countries," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 154, Asian Development Bank.
- Winnie Mitullah, 2000. "Food Safety Requirements and Food Exports from Developing Countries: The Case of Fish Exports from Kenya to the European Union," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1159-1169.
- Sykes, Alan O, 1999. "The (Limited) Role of Regulatory Harmonization in International Goods and Services Markets," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 49-70, March.
- Tsunehiro Otsuki & John S. Wilson, 2001. "What price precaution? European harmonisation of aflatoxin regulations and African groundnut exports," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(3), pages 263-284, October.
- Gebrehiwet, Yemane & Ngqangweni, Simphiwe & Kirsten, Johann F., 2007. "Quantifying the Trade Effect of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Regulations of OECD Countries on South African Food Exports," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 46(1), March.
- Jongwanich, Juthathip, 2009. "The impact of food safety standards on processed food exports from developing countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 447-457, October.
- Graham Mayeda, 2004. "Developing Disharmony? The SPS and TBT Agreements and the Impact of Harmonization on Developing Countries," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(4), pages 737-764, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boza, Sofía, 2013. "Assessing the impact of sanitary, phytosanitary and technical requirements on food and agricultural trade: what does current research tell us?," Papers 926, World Trade Institute.
- Tao, Hongjun & Luckstead, Jeff & Zhao, Liang & Xie, Chaoping, 2016. "Estimating Restrictiveness of SPS Measures for China's Dairy Imports," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 19(B).
- Donald Larson & Will Martin & Sebnem Sahin & Marinos Tsigas, 2016. "Agricultural Policies and Trade Paths in Turkey," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(8), pages 1194-1224, August.
- Melo, Oscar & Engler, Alejandra & Nahuehual, Laura & Cofre, Gabriela & Barrena, José, 2014. "Do Sanitary, Phytosanitary, and Quality-related Standards Affect International Trade? Evidence from Chilean Fruit Exports," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 350-359.
More about this item
KeywordsFood safety; Harmonization of standards; International trade; Fresh fruit markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:37:y:2012:i:2:p:162-170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.