Impact of Food Safety Standards on Processed Food Exports from Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Prema-Chandra Athukorala & Sisira Jayasuriya, 2003.
"Food Safety Issues, Trade and WTO Rules: A Developing Country Perspective,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(9), pages 1395-1416, September.
- Athukorala, Prema-chandra, 2003. "Food Safety Issues, Trade and WTO Rules: A Developing Country Perspective," 2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia 57831, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Sisira Jayasuriya, 2003. "Food Safety Issues, Trade and WTO Rules: A Developing Country Perspective," Departmental Working Papers 2003-13, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Otsuki, Tsunehiro*Wilson,John S.*Sewadeh, Mirvat, 2001. "A race to the top? A case study of food safety standards and African exports," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2563, The World Bank.
- Athukorala, Prema-chandra & Sen, Kunal, 1998.
"Processed food exports from developing countries: patterns and determinants,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 41-54, February.
- Prema-Chandra Athukorala & Kunal Sen, 1996. "Processed Food Exports from Developing Countries: Patterns and Determinants," Departmental Working Papers 1996-14, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Prema-Chandra Athukorala & Kunal Sen, 1996. "Processed Food Exports from Developing Countries: Patterns and Determinants," Trade and Development 96/14, Australian National University, Department of Economics.
- Regmi, Anita & Gehlhar, Mark J. & Wainio, John & Vollrath, Thomas L. & Johnston, Paul V. & Kathuria, Nitin, 2005. "Market Access For High-Value Foods," Agricultural Economics Reports 33999, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohammed, Rezgar & Zheng, Yuqing, 2017.
"International Diffusion Of Food Safety Standards: The Role Of Domestic Certifiers And International Trade,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(02), pages 296-322, May.
- Mohammed, Rezgar & Zheng, Yuqing, 2015. "International Diffusion of Food Safety Standards: The Role of Domestic Certifiers and International Trade," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229785, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Jin Hyeung, Kim & Sung Ho, Park & Young Chan, Choe, 2016. "A study on consumer characteristics of processed rice and meat products on food-related lifestyles using beta regression model," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235871, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Briones, Roehlano & Felipe, Jesus, 2013.
"Agriculture and Structural Transformation in Developing Asia: Review and Outlook,"
ADB Economics Working Paper Series
363, Asian Development Bank.
- Roehlano M. Briones & Jesus Felipe, 2016. "Agriculture and Structural Transformation in Developing Asia: Review and Outlook," Working Papers id:8696, eSocialSciences.
- Engler, Alejandra & Nahuelhual, Laura & Cofré, Gabriela & Barrena, Jose, 2012. "How far from harmonization are sanitary, phytosanitary and quality-related standards? An exporter’s perception approach," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 162-170.
- Lei, Lei & Zhou, Li, 2017. "Avian influenza, nontariff measures, and the poultry exports in the global value chain," IDE Discussion Papers 640, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2013.
"The Structure of Agricultural Trade Industry in Developing Countries,"
DP 2013-15, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Roehlano M. Briones, 2013. "The Structure of Agricultural Trade Industry in Developing Countries," Trade Working Papers 23420, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Sonntag, Winnie & Theuvsen, Ludwig & Kersting, Valerie & Otter, Verena, 2016. "Have Industrialized Countries Shut the Door and Left the Key Inside? Rethinking the Role of Private Standards in the International Fruit Trade," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 0(Issue 2), pages 1-20, May.
- Aka, Joël, 2017. "Market approval of phytosanitary active substances in Europe: An empirical duration analysis," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 143-153.
- Jin, Shaosheng & Guo, Haiyue & Delgado, Michael & Wang, H., 2015. "Benefit or Damage? The Productivity Effects of FDI in Chinese Food Industry," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211813, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:6:p:1712-:d:148737 is not listed on IDEAS
- Donatella Baiardi & Carluccio Bianchi & Eleonora Lorenzini, 2014. "Food competition in world markets: Some evidence from a panel data analysis of top exporting countries," DEM Working Papers Series 083, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Aarathi, L.R. & Kumar, Shiv & Negi, Digvijay Singh & Singh, Dharam Raj, 2012. "Prevailing Standards and Dimensions Governing Sanitary and Phyto-Sanitary Compliance in Indian Black Pepper Supply Chain," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 0(Number 1), June.
- Olayinka Idowu Kareem, 2014. "The European Union Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures and Africa’s Exports," RSCAS Working Papers 2014/98, European University Institute.
- Maertens, Miet & Swinnen, Johan, 2015. "Agricultural trade and development: A value chain perspective," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2015-04, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Melo, Oscar & Engler, Alejandra & Nahuelhual, Laura & Cofre, Gabriela & Barrena, Jose, 2012. "Does Sanitary and Phytosanitary regulation stringency affect developing countries exports? Evidence from Chilean fruit exports," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125298, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kumar, Anjani & Thapa, Ganesh & Joshi, Pramod Kumar & Roy, Devesh, 2016. "Adoption of food safety measures among Nepalese milk producers: Do smallholders benefit?:," IFPRI discussion papers 1556, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Juthathip Jongwanich & Nedelyn Magtibay-Ramos, 2009. "Determinants of structural change in food exports from developing countries," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 23(2), pages 94-115, November.
- Minor, Travis & Parrett, Matt, 2017. "The economic impact of the Food and Drug Administration’s Final Juice HACCP Rule," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 206-213.
- Zheng, Yuqing & Muth, Mary & Brophy, Jenna, 2013. "The Impact of Food Safety Third-Party Certifications on China’s Food Exports to the United States," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149926, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsFood Safety Standards; Processed food trade; developing countries;
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbewp:0154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Susan M. Torres). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eradbph.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.