Gender disparity in job satisfaction of Western versus Asian managers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Keith A. Bender & Susan M. Donohue & John S. Heywood, 2005. "Job satisfaction and gender segregation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(3), pages 479-496, July.
- Oecd, 2007. "ICTs and Gender," OECD Digital Economy Papers 129, OECD Publishing.
- Heywood, John S., 1989. "Discrimination in the provision of fringe benefits," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 95-98.
- Ka Wai Chan & Thomas A. Wyatt, 2007. "Quality of Work Life: A Study of Employees in Shanghai, China," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 501-517, October.
- G Tomas M Hult & David J Ketchen & David A Griffith & Carol A Finnegan & Tracy Gonzalez-Padron & Nukhet Harmancioglu & Ying Huang & M Berk Talay & S Tamer Cavusgil, 2008. "Data equivalence in cross-cultural international business research: assessment and guidelines," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(6), pages 1027-1044, September.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Oswald, Andrew J., 1996.
"Satisfaction and comparison income,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 359-381, September.
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1993. "Satisfaction and Comparison Income," Economics Discussion Papers 10018, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Oswald, Andrew J., 1994. "Satisfaction and comparison income," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9408, CEPREMAP.
- Lynch, Lisa M, 1992. "Private-Sector Training and the Earnings of Young Workers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 299-312, March.
- Valentine, Sean & Greller, Martin M. & Richtermeyer, Sandra B., 2006. "Employee job response as a function of ethical context and perceived organization support," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 582-588, May.
- P. J. Sloane & H. Williams, 2000. "Job Satisfaction, Comparison Earnings, and Gender," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 14(3), pages 473-502, September.
- Cecilia Castaño & Juan Martían & Susana Vázquez & José Luís Martíanez, 2010. "Female executives and the glass ceiling in Spain," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 149(3), pages 343-360, September.
- Deborah O’Neil & Margaret Hopkins & Diana Bilimoria, 2008. "Women’s Careers at the Start of the 21st Century: Patterns and Paradoxes," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 80(4), pages 727-743, July.
- Koonmee, Kalayanee & Singhapakdi, Anusorn & Virakul, Busaya & Lee, Dong-Jin, 2010. "Ethics institutionalization, quality of work life, and employee job-related outcomes: A survey of human resource managers in Thailand," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 20-26, January.
- Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E M & Baumgartner, Hans, 1998. " Assessing Measurement Invariance in Cross-National Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 78-90, June.
- Michael R Mullen, 1995. "Diagnosing Measurement Equivalence in Cross-National Research," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(3), pages 573-596, September.
- Singhapakdi, Anusorn & Sirgy, M. Joseph & Lee, Dong-Jin, 2010. "Is small business better than big business for marketing managers?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 418-423, April.
- Valentine, Sean, 2010. "Human resource management, ethical context, and personnel consequences: A commentary essay," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(8), pages 908-910, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tingey-Holyoak, Joanne, 2014. "Sustainable water storage by agricultural businesses: Strategic responses to institutional pressures," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2590-2602.
More about this item
KeywordsGender disparity; Job satisfaction; Managers; Cross-cultural;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:67:y:2014:i:6:p:1257-1266. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.