Do young managers in a developing country have stronger entrepreneurial intentions? Theory and debate
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Okamuro, Hiroyuki & Van Stel, André & Verheul, Ingrid, 2010.
"Understanding the Drivers of an ‘Entrepreneurial’ Economy : Lessons from Japan and the Netherlands,"
CCES Discussion Paper Series
36, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- André van Stel & Ingrid Verheul & Hiroyuki Okamuro, 2011. "Understanding the Drivers of an 'Entrepreneurial' Economy: Lessons from Japan and the Netherlands," Scales Research Reports H201102, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Francisco Liñán & José Fernandez-Serrano, 2014. "National culture, entrepreneurship and economic development: different patterns across the European Union," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 685-701, April.
- Michael Stuetzer & Martin Obschonka & Udo Brixy & Rolf Sternberg & Uwe Cantner, 2014.
"Regional characteristics, opportunity perception and entrepreneurial activities,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 221-244, February.
- Stuetzer, Michael & Obschonka, Martin & Brixy, Udo & Sternberg, Rolf & Cantner, Uwe, 2013. "Regional characteristics, opportunity perception and entrepreneurial activities," MPRA Paper 48277, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jones, Marian V. & Coviello, Nicole & Tang, Yee Kwan, 2011. "International Entrepreneurship research (1989–2009): A domain ontology and thematic analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 632-659.
- Roxana Mihet, 2013.
"Effects of culture on firm risk-taking: a cross-country and cross-industry analysis,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 37(1), pages 109-151, February.
- Roxana Mihet, 2012. "Effects of Culture on Firm Risk-Taking; A Cross-Country and Cross-Industry Analysis," IMF Working Papers 12/210, International Monetary Fund.
- Stokes, Randall G, 1974. " The Afrikaner Industrial Entrepreneur and Afrikaner Nationalism," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(4), pages 557-579, July.
- Andreas Engelen & Florian Heinemann & Malte Brettel, 2009. "Cross-cultural entrepreneurship research: Current status and framework for future studies," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 163-189, September.
- Fairlie, Robert W. & Holleran, William, 2012.
"Entrepreneurship training, risk aversion and other personality traits: Evidence from a random experiment,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 366-378.
- Fairlie, Robert, 2014. "Entrepreneurship Training, Risk Aversion and Other Personality Traits: Evidence from a Random Experiment," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt9x83w5k4, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Justin Paul, 2015. "Does the WTO Increase Trade and Cause Convergence?," The International Trade Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 291-308, October.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Davidsson, Per & Wiklund, Johan, 1997. "Values, beliefs and regional variations in new firm formation rates," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 179-199, April.
- Yang, Chulguen & Colarelli, Stephen M. & Han, Kyunghee & Page, Robert, 2011. "Start-up and hiring practices of immigrant entrepreneurs: An empirical study from an evolutionary psychological perspective," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 636-645.
- Jolanda Hessels & Marco Gelderen & Roy Thurik, 2008. "Entrepreneurial aspirations, motivations, and their drivers," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 323-339, October.
- Kedia, Ben L. & Lahiri, Somnath, 2007. "International outsourcing of services: A partnership model," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 22-37, March.
- Arminda Paço & João Ferreira & Mário Raposo & Ricardo Rodrigues & Anabela Dinis, 2011. "Behaviours and entrepreneurial intention: Empirical findings about secondary students," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 20-38, March.
- Erkko Autio & Saurav Pathak & Karl Wennberg, 2013.
"Consequences of cultural practices for entrepreneurial behaviors,"
Journal of International Business Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 44(4), pages 334-362, May.
- Autio, Erkko & Pathak, Saurav & Wennberg, Karl, 2013. "Consequences of Cultural Practices for Entrepreneurial Behaviors," Ratio Working Papers 207, The Ratio Institute.
- Ilhan-Nas, Tulay & Sahin, Kader & Cilingir, Zuhal, 2011. "International ethnic entrepreneurship: Antecedents, outcomes and environmental context," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 614-626.
- Koellinger, Philipp & Minniti, Maria & Schade, Christian, 2007.
""I think I can, I think I can": Overconfidence and entrepreneurial behavior,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 502-527, August.
- Philipp Köllinger & Maria Minniti & Christian Schade, 2005. ""I Think I Can, I Think I Can": Overconfidence and Entrepreneurial Behavior," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 501, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Papanek, Hanna, 1972. "Pakistan's Big Businessmen: Muslim Separatism, Entrepreneurship, and Partial Modernization," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 1-32, October.
- Jonathan Levie & Erkko Autio, 2008. "A theoretical grounding and test of the GEM model," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 235-263, October.
- Ute Stephan & Lorraine M Uhlaner, 2010. "Performance-based vs socially supportive culture: A cross-national study of descriptive norms and entrepreneurship," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(8), pages 1347-1364, October.
- Ibrahim, Gamal & Galt, Vaughan, 2011. "Explaining ethnic entrepreneurship: An evolutionary economics approach," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 607-613.
- Goethner, Maximilian & Obschonka, Martin & Silbereisen, Rainer K. & Cantner, Uwe, 2012. "Scientists’ transition to academic entrepreneurship: Economic and psychological determinants," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 628-641.
- Michael A Witt & Gordon Redding, 2009. "Culture, meaning, and institutions: Executive rationale in Germany and Japan," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 40(5), pages 859-885, June.
- Chand, Masud & Ghorbani, Majid, 2011. "National culture, networks and ethnic entrepreneurship: A comparison of the Indian and Chinese immigrants in the US," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 593-606.
- Dossani, Rafiq & Kenney, Martin, 2002. "Creating an Environment for Venture Capital in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 227-253, February.
- Ma, Hao & Tan, Justin, 2006. "Key components and implications of entrepreneurship: A 4-P framework," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 704-725, September.
- Teemu Kautonen & Erno Tornikoski & Ewald Kibler, 2011. "Entrepreneurial intentions in the third age: the impact of perceived age norms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 219-234, September.
- Paul, Justin & Gupta, Parul, 2014. "Process and intensity of internationalization of IT firms – Evidence from India," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 594-603.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:prg:jnlcbr:v:2017:y:2017:i:2:id:178:p:30-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul, Justin & Parthasarathy, Sundar & Gupta, Parul, 2017. "Exporting challenges of SMEs: A review and future research agenda," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 327-342.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurial intention; Country culture; Proactive personality; Developing and developed countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:25:y:2016:i:6:p:1197-1210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.