Explaining ethnic entrepreneurship: An evolutionary economics approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moore, Robert L, 1983. "Employer Discrimination: Evidence from Self-Employed Workers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(3), pages 496-501, August.
- Robert Kloosterman & Joanne Van Der Leun & Jan Rath, 1999. "Mixed Embeddedness: (In)formal Economic Activities and Immigrant Businesses in the Netherlands," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 252-266, June.
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- Dahlman, Carl J, 1979. "The Problem of Externality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 141-162, April.
- Roy Thurik & Sander Wennekers & Ingrid Verheul & David Audretsch, 2001.
"An eclectic theory of entrepreneurship: policies, institutions and culture,"
Scales Research Reports
H200012, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Ingrid Verheul & Sander Wennekers & David Audretsch & Roy Thurik, 2001. "An Eclectic Theory of Entrepreneurship: Policies, Institutions and Culture," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-030/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1998. "What Makes an Entrepreneur?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 26-60, January.
- Robert W. Fairlie & Bruce D. Meyer, 1996.
"Ethnic and Racial Self-Employment Differences and Possible Explanations,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(4), pages 757-793.
- Fairlie, Robert, 2014. "Ethnic and Racial Self-Employment Differences and Possible Explanations," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt24p7v6gc, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Lee, Sang M. & Peterson, Suzanne J., 2000. "Culture, entrepreneurial orientation, and global competitiveness," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 401-416, January.
- Geoffrey M. Hodgson, 1998. "The Approach of Institutional Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 166-192, March.
- Enno Masurel & Peter Nijkamp, 2004.
"Differences between first-generation and second-generation ethnic start-ups: implications for a new support policy,"
Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 22(5), pages 721-737, October.
- Masurel, Enno & Nijkamp, Peter, 2003. "Differences between First-Generation and Second-Generation Ethnic start-ups : implications for a new support policy," Serie Research Memoranda 0024, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1979. "A General Equilibrium Entrepreneurial Theory of Firm Formation Based on Risk Aversion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 719-748, August.
- David G. Blanchflower, 2004. "Self-Employment: More may not be better," NBER Working Papers 10286, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sjoerd Beugelsdijk, 2007.
"Entrepreneurial culture, regional innovativeness and economic growth,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 187-210, April.
- Sjoerd Beugelsdijk, 2004. "Entrepreneurial Culture, Regional Innovativeness and Economic Growth," ERSA conference papers ersa04p210, European Regional Science Association.
- Clark, Kenneth & Drinkwater, Stephen, 2000. "Pushed out or pulled in? Self-employment among ethnic minorities in England and Wales," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 603-628, September.
- Davidsson, Per & Honig, Benson, 2003. "The role of social and human capital among nascent entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 301-331, May.
- Veblen, Thorstein, 1898. "Why Economics is not an Evolutionary Science," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 12.
- Parker,Simon C., 2006.
"The Economics of Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521030632.
- Parker,Simon C., 2004. "The Economics of Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521828130.
- Geoffrey Hodgson, 2010. "Choice, habit and evolution," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Guido Buenstorf, 2007. "Creation and Pursuit of Entrepreneurial Opportunities: An Evolutionary Economics Perspective," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 323-337, April.
- Barry R. Chiswick, 1983. "The Earnings and Human Capital of American Jews," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 18(3), pages 313-336.
- Rolf Sternberg & Sander Wennekers, 2005. "Determinants and Effects of New Business Creation Using Global Entrepreneurship Monitor Data," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 193-203, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Awaworyi Churchill, Sefa, 2015. "Fractionalization and Entrepreneurial Activities," EconStor Preprints 123723, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Matthew Roskruge & Jacques Poot & Laura King, 2016.
"Social capital, entrepreneurship and living standards: differences between migrants and the native born,"
Chapters, in: Hans Westlund & Johan P. Larsson (ed.), Handbook of Social Capital and Regional Development, chapter 9, pages 221-254,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Roskruge, Matthew & Poot, Jacques & King, Laura, 2016. "Social Capital, Entrepreneurship and Living Standards: Differences between Immigrants and the Native Born," IZA Discussion Papers 9874, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Matthew Roskruge & Jacques Poot & Laura King, 2016. "Social capital, entrepreneurship and living standards: differences between immigrants and the native born," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1607, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Mediha Sahin & Alina Todiras & Peter Nijkamp & Bart Neuts & Christiaan Behrens, 2012.
"A Structural Equations Model for Assessing the Economic Performance of High-tech Ethnic Entrepreneurs,"
Chapters, in: Globalization Trends and Regional Development, chapter 9,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mediha Sahin & Alina Todiras & Peter Nijkamp & Bart Neuts & Christiaan Behrens, 2013. "A Structural Equations Model for Assessing the Economic Performance of High-Tech Ethnic Entrepreneurs," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-161/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:48:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11187-016-9796-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:krk:eberjl:v:3:y:2015:i:3:p:9-27 is not listed on IDEAS
- Awaworyi Churchill, Sefa & Smyth, Russell, 2017. "Ethnic Diversity and Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 285-302.
- López-Duarte, Cristina & González-Loureiro, Miguel & Vidal-Suárez, Marta M. & González-Díaz, Belén, 2016. "International strategic alliances and national culture: Mapping the field and developing a research agenda," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 511-524.
- repec:bla:ecorec:v:93:y:2017:i:300:p:112-141 is not listed on IDEAS
- Awaworyi Churchill, Sefa & Nuhu, Ahmed Salim, 2015. "Ethnic Diversity and Educational Attainment," EconStor Conference Papers 125567, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Paul, Justin & Shrivatava, Archana, 2016. "Do young managers in a developing country have stronger entrepreneurial intentions? Theory and debate," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1197-1210.
- Abdoulkadre Ado & Elie Chrysostome & Zhan Su, 2016. "Examining Adaptation Strategies Of Sub-Saharan African Immigrant Entrepreneurs In China: The Case Of Guangdong," Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (JDE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 21(04), pages 1-25, December.
More about this item
KeywordsEthnic entrepreneurship; Evolutionary economics; Path dependency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:20:y:2011:i:6:p:607-613. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.