Modeling money demand under the profit-sharing banking scheme: Some evidence on policy invariance and long-run stability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert F. & Hendry, David F., 1993.
"Testing superexogeneity and invariance in regression models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1-2), pages 119-139, March.
- Engle, R. & Hendry, D., 1990. "Testing Super Exogeneity And Invariance In Regression Models," Economics Series Working Papers 99100, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Amir Kia, 2003. "Forward-looking agents and macroeconomic determinants of the equity price in a small open economy," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 37-54.
- Harold L. Cole & Narayana R. Kocherlakota, 1998. "Zero nominal interest rates: why they're good and how to get them," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 2-10.
- Stockman, Alan C, 1980. "A Theory of Exchange Rate Determination," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(4), pages 673-698, August.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias & Sola, Martin, 1996.
"On the power of tests for superexogeneity and structural invariance,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 151-175.
- Z. Psaradakis & M. Solá, 1993. "On the power of tests for superexogeneity and structural invariance," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0993, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Shigeyuki Hamori & Akira Tokihisa, 2001. "Seasonal cointegration and the money demand function: some evidence from Japan," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(5), pages 305-310.
- Hueng, C. James, 1999. "Money demand in an open-economy shopping-time model: an out-of-sample-prediction application to Canada," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 489-503.
- Antti Ripatti, 1998.
"Stability of the demand for M1 and harmonized M3 in Finland,"
Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 317-337.
- Ripatti, Antti, 1996. "Stability of the demand for M1 and harmonized M3 in Finland," Research Discussion Papers 18/1996, Bank of Finland.
- Guidotti, Pablo E, 1993. "Currency Substitution and Financial Innovation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(1), pages 109-124, February.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1982. "Interest rates and currency prices in a two-country world," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 335-359.
- Osterwald-Lenum, Michael, 1992. "A Note with Quantiles of the Asymptotic Distribution of the Maximum Likelihood Cointegration Rank Test Statistics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 461-472, August.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1993.
"A Simple Estimator of Cointegrating Vectors in Higher Order Integrated Systems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 783-820, July.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "A simple estimator of cointegrating vectors in higher order integrated systems," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Bohl, Martin T., 2000. "German monetary unification and the stability of the German M3 money demand function," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 203-208, February.
- Bashir, B. A., 1983. "Portfolio management of islamic banks : `Certainty model'," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 339-354, September.
- Hansen, Bruce E., 1992.
"Testing for parameter instability in linear models,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 517-533, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "STABTEST: RATS procedure to perform Hansen's stability test for OLS," Statistical Software Components RTS00199, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Amir Kia, 2006. "Economic policies and demand for money: evidence from Canada," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(12), pages 1389-1407.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- King, Robert G. & Plosser, Charles I. & Stock, James H. & Watson, Mark W., 1991.
"Stochastic Trends and Economic Fluctuations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 819-840, September.
- Robert G. King & Charles I. Plosser & James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1987. "Stochastic Trends and Economic Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 2229, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert G. King & Charles I. Plosser & James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "Stochastic trends and economic fluctuations," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Adrian Pagan, 1986.
"Two Stage and Related Estimators and Their Applications,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 517-538.
- Adrian Pagan, 1985. "Two Stage and Related Estimators and Their Applications," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 741, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ali Darrat, 2000. "Monetary stability and interest-free banking revisited," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(12), pages 803-806.
- Mohsin S. Khan, 1986. "Islamic Interest-Free Banking: A Theoretical Analysis (Le systÃ¨me bancaire islamique: analyse thÃ©orique d'un systÃ¨me qui ne fait pas appel Ã l'intÃ©rÃªt) (La prohibiciÃ³n islÃ¡mica de los intereses," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 33(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Lucas, Robert Jr, 1976. "Econometric policy evaluation: A critique," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 19-46, January.
- Ellis W. Tallman & De-Piao Tang & Ping Wang, 2003.
"Nominal and Real Disturbances and Money Demand in Chinese Hyperinflation,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(2), pages 234-249, April.
- Ellis W. Tallman & De-piao Tang & Ping Wang, 2002. "Nominal and real disturbances and money demand in the Chinese hyperinflation," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2002-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Hoffman, Dennis L. & Rasche, Robert H. & Tieslau, Margie A., 1995. "The stability of long-run money demand in five industrial countries," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 317-339, April.
- Johansen, Søren & Juselius, Katarina, 1992. "Testing structural hypotheses in a multivariate cointegration analysis of the PPP and the UIP for UK," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 211-244.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Identifying restrictions of linear equations with applications to simultaneous equations and cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 111-132, September.
- Nagayasu, Jun, 2003. "A re-examination of the Japanese money demand function and structural shifts," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 359-375, June.
- Khan, Mohsin S & Mirakhor, Abbas, 1990. "Islamic Banking: Experiences in the Islamic Republic of Iran and in Pakistan," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(2), pages 353-375, January.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1984. "Econometric Issues in the Analysis of Regressions with Generated Regressors," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 221-247, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uddin, Md Akther, 2016. "Reemergence of Islamic Monetary Economics: A Review of Theory and Practice," MPRA Paper 72081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mehdi Mili & Jean-Michel Sahut, 2014. "Bank liquidity shocks in loan and deposit in emerging markets," Working Papers 2014-210, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- repec:spr:fininn:v:2:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1186_s40854-016-0028-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zulkhibri, Muhamed & Sukmana, Raditya, 2016. "Financing Channel and Monetary Policy: Evidence from Islamic Banking in Indonesia," Working Papers 2016-1, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- Jean-michel Sahut & Medhi Mili, 2014. "Determinants of loans and deposits strategies of foreign bank subsidiaries in emerging countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(2), pages 695-704.
- Tariq, Anam & Masih, Mansur, 2016. "Risk-sharing deposits in islamic banks: do interest rates have any influence on them?," MPRA Paper 71680, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saeed, Momna & Izzeldin, Marwan, 2016. "Examining the relationship between default risk and efficiency in Islamic and conventional banks," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(S), pages 127-154.
- Etem Hakan, Ergeç & Bengül Gülümser, Arslan, 2011. "Impact of Interest Rates on Islamic and Conventional Banks: The Case of Turkey," MPRA Paper 29848, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:ecnote:v:46:y:2017:i:1:p:117-143 is not listed on IDEAS
- Saba Mushtaq & Danish Ahmed Siddiqui, 2016.
"Effect of interest rate on economic performance: evidence from Islamic and non-Islamic economies,"
Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 2(1), pages 1-14, December.
- Mushtaq, Saba & Siddiqui, Danish Ahmed, 2015. "Effect of interest rate on economic performance: Evidences from Islamic and Non-Islamic Economies," MPRA Paper 68298, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:glofin:v:18:y:2007:i:1:p:104-123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620162 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.