Nominal and real disturbances and money demand in the Chinese hyperinflation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ellis W. Tallman & De-Piao Tang & Ping Wang, 2003. "Nominal and Real Disturbances and Money Demand in Chinese Hyperinflation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(2), pages 234-249, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Garber, Peter M., 1982. "Transition from inflation to price stability," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 11-42, January.
- Tang, De-piao & Wang, Ping, 1993. "On relative price variability and hyperinflation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(2-3), pages 209-214.
- Rogers, John H & Wang, Ping, 1993.
"Sources of Fluctuations in Relative Prices: Evidence from High Inflation Countries,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 589-605, November.
- Rogers, J.H. & Wang, P., 1990. "Sources of Fluctuations in Relative Prices: Evidence from High Inflation Countries," Papers 12-90-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Tallman, Ellis W. & Wang, Ping, 1995.
"Money demand and the relative price of capital goods in hyperinflations,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 375-404, November.
- Ellis W. Tallman & Ping Wang, 1991. "Money demand and relative prices in the German hyperinflation," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 91-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Tallman, E.W. & Wang, P., 1993. "Money Demand and Relative Prices During Episodes of Hyperinflation," Papers 1-93-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Tallman, Ellis W. & Wang, Ping, 1993. "Money demand and relative prices during episodes of hyperinflation," Working Papers 9307, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Ellis W. Tallman & Ping Wang, 1992. "Money demand and relative prices in hyperinflations: evidence from Germany and China," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 92-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Frenkel, Jacob A, 1977. "The Forward Exchange Rate, Expectations, and the Demand for Money: The German Hyperinflation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 653-670, September.
- Stockman, Alan C., 1981. "Anticipated inflation and the capital stock in a cash in-advance economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 387-393.
- Clements, Kenneth W & Nguyen, Phuong, 1980. "Money Demand, Consumer Demand and Relative Prices in Australia," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 56(155), pages 338-346, December.
- Wang, Ping & Yip, Chong K, 1992. "Alternative Approaches to Money and Growth," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(4), pages 553-562, November.
- Casella, Alessandra & Feinstein, Jonathan S, 1990. "Economic Exchange during Hyperinflation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Abel, Andrew & Dornbusch, Rudiger & Huizinga, John & Marcus, Alan, 1979. "Money demand during hyperinflation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 97-104, January.
- Policano, Andrew J. & Choi, Eun Kwan, 1978. "The effects of relative price changes on the household's demand for money," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 743-753, November.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1984. "Econometric Issues in the Analysis of Regressions with Generated Regressors," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 221-247, February.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1980. "Equilibrium in a Pure Currency Economy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(2), pages 203-220, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burdekin, Richard C.K. & Whited, Hsin-hui I.H., 2005.
"Exporting hyperinflation: The long arm of Chiang Kai-shek,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 71-89.
- Richard C.K. Burdekin & Hsin-hui I. H. Whited, 2001. "Exporting Hyperinflation: The Long Arm of Chiang Kai-shek," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2001-18, Claremont Colleges.
- Zhao, Liuyan, 2017. "The behavior of money demand in the Chinese hyperinflation," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 145-154.
- Zhao, Liuyan & Li, Lianfa, 2015. "Interest rate, money demand and seigniorage: The Chinese hyperinflation 1946–1949," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 169-179.
- Kia, Amir & Darrat, Ali F., 2007. "Modeling money demand under the profit-sharing banking scheme: Some evidence on policy invariance and long-run stability," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 104-123.
More about this item
KeywordsInflation (Finance) ; China ; Economic conditions - China;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedawp:2002-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elaine Clokey). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbatus.html .