Estimates of electricity saving potential in Chinese nonferrous metals industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mukherjee, Kankana, 2008. "Energy use efficiency in the Indian manufacturing sector: An interstate analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 662-672, February.
- Worrell, Ernst & Martin, Nathan & Price, Lynn, 2000. "Potentials for energy efficiency improvement in the US cement industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1189-1214.
- Zhao, Xiaoli & Lyon, Thomas P. & Wang, Feng & Song, Cui, 2012. "Why do electricity utilities cooperate with coal suppliers? A theoretical and empirical analysis from China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 520-529.
- MacKinnon, James G & Haug, Alfred A & Michelis, Leo, 1999.
"Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 563-577, Sept.-Oct.
- Mackinnon, J.G. & Haug, A.A. & Michelis, L., 1996. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 96a09, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- James G. MacKinnon & Alfred A. Haug & Leo Michelis, 1996. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," Working Papers 1996_07, York University, Department of Economics.
- Pao, Hsiao-Tien, 2009. "Forecast of electricity consumption and economic growth in Taiwan by state space modeling," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 1779-1791.
- Nässén, Jonas & Holmberg, John & Wadeskog, Anders & Nyman, Madeleine, 2007. "Direct and indirect energy use and carbon emissions in the production phase of buildings: An input–output analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1593-1602.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Sánchez, J.A. & Veganzones, C. & Martínez, S. & Blázquez, F. & Herrero, N. & Wilhelmi, J.R., 2008. "Dynamic model of wind energy conversion systems with variable speed synchronous generator and full-size power converter for large-scale power system stability studies," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1186-1198.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wu, Ya & Zhang, Li, 2011. "Estimates of the potential for energy conservation in the Chinese steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3680-3689, June.
- Sabuhoro, Jean Bosco & Larue, Bruno, 1997. "The market efficiency hypothesis: the case of coffee and cocoa futures," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 16(3), August.
- Noel Alter & Shabib Haider Syed, 2011. "An Empirical Analysis of Electricity Demand in Pakistan," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 1(4), pages 116-139.
- Elliott, Graham, 1999.
"Efficient Tests for a Unit Root When the Initial Observation Is Drawn from Its Unconditional Distribution,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 767-783, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "ERSTEST: RATS procedure to perform Elliott-Rothenberg-Stock unit root tests," Statistical Software Components RTS00066, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Lenzen, Manfred, 1998. "Primary energy and greenhouse gases embodied in Australian final consumption: an input-output analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 495-506, May.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Atakhanova, Zauresh & Howie, Peter, 2007. "Electricity demand in Kazakhstan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3729-3743, July.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les & Gibson, John & Kim, Bonggeun, 2008.
"China's energy economy: Technical change, factor demand and interfactor/interfuel substitution,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2167-2183, September.
- John Gibson & Bongguen Kim & Hengyun Ma & Les Oxley, 2008. "China’s Energy Economy: Technical Change, Factor Demand and Interfactor/Interfuel Substitution," Working Papers in Economics 08/01, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Hengyun Ma & Les Oxley & John Gibson & Bongguen Kim, 2009. "China's Energy Economy: Technical Change, Factor Demand and Interfactor/Interfuel Substitution," Working Papers 09_02, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Manfren, Massimiliano & Aste, Niccolò & Moshksar, Reza, 2013. "Calibration and uncertainty analysis for computer models – A meta-model based approach for integrated building energy simulation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 627-641.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Zhang, Liang, 2012. "Electricity pricing in a partial reformed plan system: The case of China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 214-225.
- Trink, Thomas & Schmid, Christoph & Schinko, Thomas & Steininger, Karl W. & Loibnegger, Thomas & Kettner, Claudia & Pack, Alexandra & Töglhofer, Christoph, 2010. "Regional economic impacts of biomass based energy service use: A comparison across crops and technologies for East Styria, Austria," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5912-5926, October.
- Blumstein, Carl & Stoft, Steven E, 1995. "Technical efficiency, production functions and conservation supply curves," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 765-768, September.
- Tianshu CHU & Fereidun FESHARAKI & Kang WU, 2006. "China's Energy in Transition: Regional and Global Implications," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 1(1), pages 134-152.
- Perron, Pierre & Rodriguez, Gabriel, 2003.
"GLS detrending, efficient unit root tests and structural change,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 1-27, July.
- PERRON, Pierre & RODRIGUEZ, Gabriel, 1998. "GLS Detrending, Efficient Unit Root Tests and Structural Change," Cahiers de recherche 9809, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Hasanbeigi, Ali & Menke, Christoph & Therdyothin, Apichit, 2010. "The use of conservation supply curves in energy policy and economic analysis: The case study of Thai cement industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 392-405, January.
- Muller-Furstenberger, Georg & Stephan, Gunter, 2007. "Integrated assessment of global climate change with learning-by-doing and energy-related research and development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5298-5309, November.
- M. Ruth & K. Donaghy & P. Kirshen, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Regional Climate Change and Variability, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Yuan, Chaoqing & Liu, Sifeng & Wu, Junlong, 2009. "Research on energy-saving effect of technological progress based on Cobb-Douglas production function," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2842-2846, August.
- Dai, Hancheng & Masui, Toshihiko & Matsuoka, Yuzuru & Fujimori, Shinichiro, 2011. "Assessment of China's climate commitment and non-fossil energy plan towards 2020 using hybrid AIM/CGE model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2875-2887, May.
- Sabuhoro, Jean Bosco & Larue, Bruno, 1997. "The market efficiency hypothesis: The case of coffee and cocoa futures," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 171-184, August.
- David F. Hendry & Katarina Juselius, 2001.
"Explaining Cointegration Analysis: Part II,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 75-120.
- Martinsen, Thomas, 2011. "Introducing technology learning for energy technologies in a national CGE model through soft links to global and national energy models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3327-3336, June.
- Osterwald-Lenum, Michael, 1992. "A Note with Quantiles of the Asymptotic Distribution of the Maximum Likelihood Cointegration Rank Test Statistics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 461-472, August.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wu, Ya & Zhang, Li, 2012. "Electricity saving potential of the power generation industry in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 307-316.
- Feng, Taiwen & Sun, Linyan & Zhang, Ying, 2009. "The relationship between energy consumption structure, economic structure and energy intensity in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5475-5483, December.
- Belloumi, Mounir, 2009. "Energy consumption and GDP in Tunisia: Cointegration and causality analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2745-2753, July.
- Hübler, Michael, 2011. "Technology diffusion under contraction and convergence: A CGE analysis of China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 131-142, January.
- Elliott, Graham & Rothenberg, Thomas J & Stock, James H, 1996. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 813-836, July.
- Ghosh, Sajal, 2006. "Future demand of petroleum products in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 2032-2037, October.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les & Gibson, John, 2009. "Substitution possibilities and determinants of energy intensity for China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1793-1804, May.
- Hondroyiannis, George, 2004. "Estimating residential demand for electricity in Greece," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 319-334, May.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Lin, Boqiang & Zhang, Li & Wu, Ya, 2012. "Evaluation of electricity saving potential in China's chemical industry based on cointegration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 320-330.
- Lu, Chuanyi & Zhang, Xiliang & He, Jiankun, 2010. "A CGE analysis to study the impacts of energy investment on economic growth and carbon dioxide emission: A case of Shaanxi Province in western China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 4319-4327.
- Liu, Hongtao & Xi, Youmin & Guo, Ju'e & Li, Xia, 2010. "Energy embodied in the international trade of China: An energy input-output analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 3957-3964, August.
- Kuswardhani, Nita & Soni, Peeyush & Shivakoti, Ganesh P., 2013. "Comparative energy input–output and financial analyses of greenhouse and open field vegetables production in West Java, Indonesia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 83-92.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wang, Xiaolei, 2014. "Exploring energy efficiency in China׳s iron and steel industry: A stochastic frontier approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 87-96.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wang, Ailun, 2015. "Estimating energy conservation potential in China's commercial sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 147-156.
- repec:eee:energy:v:135:y:2017:i:c:p:865-875 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boqiang Lin & Weisheng Liu, 2017. "Scenario Prediction of Energy Consumption and CO 2 Emissions in China’s Machinery Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Lin, Boqiang & Long, Houyin, 2014. "How to promote energy conservation in China’s chemical industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 93-102.
- Lin, Boqiang & Du, Zhili, 2017. "Promoting energy conservation in China's metallurgy industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 285-294.
- Li, Ke & Lin, Boqiang, 2015. "The improvement gap in energy intensity: Analysis of China's thirty provincial regions using the improved DEA (data envelopment analysis) model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 589-599.
- Lin, Boqiang & Zhao, Hongli, 2016. "Technological progress and energy rebound effect in China׳s textile industry: Evidence and policy implications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 173-181.
- Gómez, Antonio & Dopazo, César & Fueyo, Norberto, 2014. "The causes of the high energy intensity of the Kazakh economy: A characterization of its energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 556-568.
- Lin, Boqiang & Ouyang, Xiaoling, 2014. "Electricity demand and conservation potential in the Chinese nonmetallic mineral products industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 243-253.
- Lin, Boqiang & Long, Houyin, 2014. "Promoting carbon emissions reduction in China's chemical process industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 822-830.
- Lin, Boqiang & Moubarak, Mohamed & Ouyang, Xiaoling, 2014. "Carbon dioxide emissions and growth of the manufacturing sector: Evidence for China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 830-837.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:5:p:686-:d:96881 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsChinese nonferrous metals industry; Electricity saving potential; Cointegration method;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:60:y:2013:i:c:p:558-568. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.