Promoting energy conservation in China's iron & steel sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mukherjee, Kankana, 2008. "Energy use efficiency in the Indian manufacturing sector: An interstate analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 662-672, February.
- Worrell, Ernst & Martin, Nathan & Price, Lynn, 2000. "Potentials for energy efficiency improvement in the US cement industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1189-1214.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wu, Ya & Zhang, Li, 2011. "Estimates of the potential for energy conservation in the Chinese steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3680-3689, June.
- Spinney, Peter J & Watkins, G Campbell, 1996. "Monte Carlo simulation techniques and electric utility resource decisions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 155-163, February.
- Li, Li & Lu, Yonglong & Shi, Yajuan & Wang, Tieyu & Luo, Wei & Gosens, Jorrit & Chen, Peng & Li, Haiqian, 2013. "Integrated technology selection for energy conservation and PAHs control in iron and steel industry: Methodology and case study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 194-203.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Atakhanova, Zauresh & Howie, Peter, 2007. "Electricity demand in Kazakhstan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3729-3743, July.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Worrell, Ernst & Laitner, John A & Ruth, Michael & Finman, Hodayah, 2003. "Productivity benefits of industrial energy efficiency measures," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 1081-1098.
- Hang, Leiming & Tu, Meizeng, 2007. "The impacts of energy prices on energy intensity: Evidence from China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2978-2988, May.
- Cai, Wenjia & Wang, Can & Liu, Wenling & Mao, Ziwei & Yu, Huichao & Chen, Jining, 2009. "Sectoral analysis for international technology development and transfer: Cases of coal-fired power generation, cement and aluminium in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2283-2291, June.
- Boyd, Gale A. & Pang, Joseph X., 2000. "Estimating the linkage between energy efficiency and productivity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 289-296, May.
- Yuan, Chaoqing & Liu, Sifeng & Wu, Junlong, 2009. "Research on energy-saving effect of technological progress based on Cobb-Douglas production function," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2842-2846, August.
- Sabuhoro, Jean Bosco & Larue, Bruno, 1997. "The market efficiency hypothesis: The case of coffee and cocoa futures," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 171-184, August.
- David F. Hendry & Katarina Juselius, 2001.
"Explaining Cointegration Analysis: Part II,"
The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 75-120.
- Guo, Z.C. & Fu, Z.X., 2010. "Current situation of energy consumption and measures taken for energy saving in the iron and steel industry in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 4356-4360.
- Vithayasrichareon, Peerapat & MacGill, Iain F., 2012. "A Monte Carlo based decision-support tool for assessing generation portfolios in future carbon constrained electricity industries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 374-392.
- Jiang, Zhujun & Lin, Boqiang, 2012. "China's energy demand and its characteristics in the industrialization and urbanization process," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 608-615.
- Meier, Alan & Rosenfeld, Arthur H. & Wright, Janice, 1982. "Supply curves of conserved energy for California's residential sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 347-358.
- Hasanbeigi, Ali & Morrow, William & Sathaye, Jayant & Masanet, Eric & Xu, Tengfang, 2013. "A bottom-up model to estimate the energy efficiency improvement and CO2 emission reduction potentials in the Chinese iron and steel industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 315-325.
- Belloumi, Mounir, 2009. "Energy consumption and GDP in Tunisia: Cointegration and causality analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2745-2753, July.
- Cai, Wenjia & Wang, Can & Wang, Ke & Zhang, Ying & Chen, Jining, 2007. "Scenario analysis on CO2 emissions reduction potential in China's electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6445-6456, December.
- Lin, Boqiang & Moubarak, Mohamed, 2014. "Estimation of energy saving potential in China's paper industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 182-189.
- Ma, Jinlong & Evans, David G. & Fuller, Robert J. & Stewart, Donald F., 2002. "Technical efficiency and productivity change of China's iron and steel industry," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 293-312, April.
- Patterson, Murray G, 1996. "What is energy efficiency? : Concepts, indicators and methodological issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 377-390, May.
- He, Feng & Zhang, Qingzhi & Lei, Jiasu & Fu, Weihui & Xu, Xiaoning, 2013. "Energy efficiency and productivity change of China’s iron and steel industry: Accounting for undesirable outputs," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 204-213.
- Wang, Ke & Wang, Can & Lu, Xuedu & Chen, Jining, 2007. "Scenario analysis on CO2 emissions reduction potential in China's iron and steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2320-2335, April.
- Rozakis, S. & Sourie, J. -C., 2005. "Micro-economic modelling of biofuel system in France to determine tax exemption policy under uncertainty," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 171-182, January.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Hasanbeigi, Ali & Price, Lynn & Lu, Hongyou & Lan, Wang, 2010. "Analysis of energy-efficiency opportunities for the cement industry in Shandong Province, China: A case study of 16 cement plants," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 3461-3473.
- Zhang, Jianling & Wang, Guoshun, 2008. "Energy saving technologies and productive efficiency in the Chinese iron and steel sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 525-537.
- Kaufmann, Robert K., 1992. "A biophysical analysis of the energy/real GDP ratio: implications for substitution and technical change," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 35-56, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lin, Boqiang & Chen, Yu & Zhang, Guoliang, 2018. "Impact of technological progress on China's textile industry and future energy saving potential forecast," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 859-869.
- Dong, Kangyin & Sun, Renjin & Hochman, Gal & Li, Hui, 2018. "Energy intensity and energy conservation potential in China: A regional comparison perspective," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 155(C), pages 782-795.
- Zeng, Yujiao & Xiao, Xin & Li, Jie & Sun, Li & Floudas, Christodoulos A. & Li, Hechang, 2018. "A novel multi-period mixed-integer linear optimization model for optimal distribution of byproduct gases, steam and power in an iron and steel plant," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 881-899.
- Chen, Demin & Lu, Biao & Dai, FangQin & Chen, Guang & Zhang, Xihe, 2018. "Bottleneck of slab thermal efficiency in reheating furnace based on energy apportionment model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 1058-1069.
- Ma, Ding & Chen, Wenying & Yin, Xiang & Wang, Lining, 2016. "Quantifying the co-benefits of decarbonisation in China’s steel sector: An integrated assessment approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 1225-1237.
- Lin, Boqiang & Du, Zhili, 2017. "Promoting energy conservation in China's metallurgy industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 285-294.
- Xu, Bin & Lin, Boqiang, 2016. "Regional differences in the CO2 emissions of China's iron and steel industry: Regional heterogeneity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 422-434.
- Lin, Boqiang & Du, Kerui, 2014. "Measuring energy efficiency under heterogeneous technologies using a latent class stochastic frontier approach: An application to Chinese energy economy," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 884-890.
- Liu, Xiong & Chen, Lingen & Feng, Huijun & Qin, Xiaoyong & Sun, Fengrui, 2016. "Constructal design of a blast furnace iron-making process based on multi-objective optimization," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 137-151.
- Naser, Hanan, 2015. "Analysing the long-run relationship among oil market, nuclear energy consumption, and economic growth: An evidence from emerging economies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 421-434.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wang, Ailun, 2015. "Estimating energy conservation potential in China's commercial sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 147-156.
- Huang, Junbing & Chen, Xiang, 2020. "Domestic R&D activities, technology absorption ability, and energy intensity in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 138(C).
- Filippini, Massimo & Geissmann, Thomas & Karplus, Valerie J. & Zhang, Da, 2020. "The productivity impacts of energy efficiency programs in developing countries: Evidence from iron and steel firms in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 59(C).
- Xu, Bin & Lin, Boqiang, 2016. "Reducing CO2 emissions in China's manufacturing industry: Evidence from nonparametric additive regression models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 161-173.
- Liu, Yan & Yang, Jian & Wang, Jing-yu & Ding, Xu-gang & Cheng, Zhi-long & Wang, Qiu-wang, 2015. "Prediction, parametric analysis and bi-objective optimization of waste heat utilization in sinter cooling bed using evolutionary algorithm," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(P1), pages 24-35.
- Lin, Boqiang & Chen, Yu, 2020. "Will land transport infrastructure affect the energy and carbon dioxide emissions performance of China’s manufacturing industry?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 260(C).
- Wen, Zongguo & Xu, Jinjing & Lee, Jason C.K. & Ren, Cuiping, 2017. "Symbiotic technology-based potential for energy saving: A case study in China's iron and steel industrial parks," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 1303-1311.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy conservation; Co-integration method; Monte Carlo simulation; China's iron & steel industry;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:73:y:2014:i:c:p:465-474. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.