Estimation of energy saving potential in China's paper industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McKane, Aimee & Hasanbeigi, Ali, 2011. "Motor systems energy efficiency supply curves: A methodology for assessing the energy efficiency potential of industrial motor systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6595-6607, October.
- Xu, Jin-Hua & Fleiter, Tobias & Eichhammer, Wolfgang & Fan, Ying, 2012. "Energy consumption and CO2 emissions in China's cement industry: A perspective from LMDI decomposition analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 821-832.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Blomberg, Jerry & Henriksson, Eva & Lundmark, Robert, 2012. "Energy efficiency and policy in Swedish pulp and paper mills: A data envelopment analysis approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 569-579.
- Birol, Fatih & Keppler, Jan Horst, 2000. "Prices, technology development and the rebound effect," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 457-469, June.
- Inglesi-Lotz, Roula & Blignaut, James N., 2011.
"South Africa’s electricity consumption: A sectoral decomposition analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 4779-4784.
- Roula Inglesi-Lotz & James Blignaut, 2011. "South Africa's Electricity Consumption: A Sectoral Decomposition Analysis," Working Papers 201105, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Cheng-Lang, Yang & Lin, Hung-Pin & Chang, Chih-Heng, 2010. "Linear and nonlinear causality between sectoral electricity consumption and economic growth: Evidence from Taiwan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6570-6573, November.
- Hang, Leiming & Tu, Meizeng, 2007. "The impacts of energy prices on energy intensity: Evidence from China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2978-2988, May.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Smyth, Russell, 2005. "Electricity consumption, employment and real income in Australia evidence from multivariate Granger causality tests," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1109-1116, June.
- Sabuhoro, Jean Bosco & Larue, Bruno, 1997. "The market efficiency hypothesis: The case of coffee and cocoa futures," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 171-184, August.
- Ma, Chunbo & Stern, David I., 2008.
"China's changing energy intensity trend: A decomposition analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1037-1053, May.
- Chunbo Ma & David I. Stern, 2006. "China's Changing Energy Intensity Trend: A Decomposition Analysis," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0615, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Hu, Jin-Li & Kao, Chih-Hung, 2007. "Efficient energy-saving targets for APEC economies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 373-382, January.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W., 2008. "Decomposition of aggregate CO2 emissions: A production-theoretical approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1054-1067, May.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wu, Ya & Zhang, Li, 2012. "Electricity saving potential of the power generation industry in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 307-316.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10972 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhao, Xiaoli & Li, Na & Ma, Chunbo, 2012. "Residential energy consumption in urban China: A decomposition analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 644-653.
- Wolde-Rufael, Yemane, 2010. "Coal consumption and economic growth revisited," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 160-167, January.
- Ozturk, Ilhan & Acaravci, Ali, 2013. "The long-run and causal analysis of energy, growth, openness and financial development on carbon emissions in Turkey," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 262-267.
- Shahiduzzaman, Md & Alam, Khorshed, 2012. "Cointegration and causal relationships between energy consumption and output: Assessing the evidence from Australia," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2182-2188.
- Fleiter, Tobias & Fehrenbach, Daniel & Worrell, Ernst & Eichhammer, Wolfgang, 2012. "Energy efficiency in the German pulp and paper industry – A model-based assessment of saving potentials," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 84-99.
- Hondroyiannis, George, 2004. "Estimating residential demand for electricity in Greece," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 319-334, May.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Lin, Boqiang & Zhang, Li & Wu, Ya, 2012. "Evaluation of electricity saving potential in China's chemical industry based on cointegration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 320-330.
- Hasanbeigi, Ali & Price, Lynn & Lu, Hongyou & Lan, Wang, 2010. "Analysis of energy-efficiency opportunities for the cement industry in Shandong Province, China: A case study of 16 cement plants," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 3461-3473.
- Rogan, Fionn & Cahill, Caiman J. & Ó Gallachóir, Brian P., 2012. "Decomposition analysis of gas consumption in the residential sector in Ireland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 19-36.
- R. Inglesi-Lotz & J. Blignaut, 2011. "South Africaâ€™s Electricity Consumption: A Sectoral Decomposition Analysis," Working Papers 203, Economic Research Southern Africa.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adom, Philip Kofi, 2015. "Determinants of energy intensity in South Africa: Testing for structural effects in parameters," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 334-346.
- repec:eee:energy:v:161:y:2018:i:c:p:859-869 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adom, Philip Kofi, 2015. "Business cycle and economic-wide energy intensity: The implications for energy conservation policy in Algeria," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 334-350.
- repec:eee:energy:v:155:y:2018:i:c:p:782-795 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fei, Rilong & Lin, Boqiang, 2016. "Energy efficiency and production technology heterogeneity in China's agricultural sector: A meta-frontier approach," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 25-34.
- repec:eee:energy:v:161:y:2018:i:c:p:284-298 is not listed on IDEAS
- Loganthurai, P. & Rajasekaran, V. & Gnanambal, K., 2016. "Evolutionary algorithm based optimum scheduling of processing units in rice industry to reduce peak demand," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 419-430.
- Park, Nyun-Bae & Park, Sang Yong & Kim, Jong-Jin & Choi, Dong Gu & Yun, Bo Yeong & Hong, Jong Chul, 2017. "Technical and economic potential of highly efficient boiler technologies in the Korean industrial sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 884-891.
- Lin, Boqiang & Du, Kerui, 2014. "Measuring energy efficiency under heterogeneous technologies using a latent class stochastic frontier approach: An application to Chinese energy economy," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 884-890.
- repec:eee:energy:v:140:y:2017:i:p1:p:1047-1058 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lin, Boqiang & Wang, Ailun, 2015. "Estimating energy conservation potential in China's commercial sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 147-156.
- Sucic, Boris & Al-Mansour, Fouad & Pusnik, Matevz & Vuk, Tomaz, 2016. "Context sensitive production planning and energy management approach in energy intensive industries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 63-73.
- Adom, Philip Kofi, 2016. "The transition between energy efficient and energy inefficient states in Cameroon," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 248-262.
- Boqiang Lin & Weisheng Liu, 2017. "Scenario Prediction of Energy Consumption and CO 2 Emissions in China’s Machinery Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wang, Xiaolei, 2014. "Promoting energy conservation in China's iron & steel sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 465-474.
- Jiang, Xuemei & Zhu, Kunfu & Green, Christopher, 2015. "China's energy saving potential from the perspective of energy efficiency advantages of foreign-invested enterprises," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 104-112.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:89:y:2018:i:c:p:216-227 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Ke & Lin, Boqiang, 2014. "The nonlinear impacts of industrial structure on China's energy intensity," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 258-265.
- Adom, Philip Kofi, 2015. "Asymmetric impacts of the determinants of energy intensity in Nigeria," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 570-580.
- Li, Ke & Lin, Boqiang, 2015. "The improvement gap in energy intensity: Analysis of China's thirty provincial regions using the improved DEA (data envelopment analysis) model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 589-599.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:81:y:2018:i:p2:p:2421-2430 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lin, Hsin-Chiu & Chan, David Yih-Liang & Lin, Wei-Chun & Hsu, Chung-Hsuan & Hong, Gui-Bing, 2014. "Status of energy conservation in Taiwan's pulp and paper industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 680-685.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy intensity; Cointegration; Saving potential;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:65:y:2014:i:c:p:182-189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.