Reducing CO2 emissions in China's manufacturing industry: Evidence from nonparametric additive regression models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- You Wu & Jichuan Sheng & Fang Huang, 2015. "China’s future investments in environmental protection and control of manufacturing industry: lessons from developed countries," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 77(3), pages 1889-1901, July.
- Choi, Ki-Hong & Oh, Wankeun, 2014. "Extended Divisia index decomposition of changes in energy intensity: A case of Korean manufacturing industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 275-283.
- Napp, T.A. & Gambhir, A. & Hills, T.P. & Florin, N. & Fennell, P.S, 2014. "A review of the technologies, economics and policy instruments for decarbonising energy-intensive manufacturing industries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 616-640.
- Bloch, Harry & Rafiq, Shuddhasattwa & Salim, Ruhul, 2015. "Economic growth with coal, oil and renewable energy consumption in China: Prospects for fuel substitution," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 104-115.
- Ramli, Noor Asiah & Munisamy, Susila, 2015. "Eco-efficiency in greenhouse emissions among manufacturing industries: A range adjusted measure," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 219-227.
- Long, Xingle & Zhao, Xicang & Cheng, Faxin, 2015. "The comparison analysis of total factor productivity and eco-efficiency in China's cement manufactures," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 61-66.
- Bernard, Jean-Thomas & Cote, Bruno, 2005.
"The measurement of the energy intensity of manufacturing industries: a principal components analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 221-233, January.
- Bernard, Jean-Thomas & Cote, Bruno, 2002. "The Measurement of the Energy Intensity of Manufacturing Industries: A Principal Components Analysis," Discussion Papers dp-02-31, Resources For the Future.
- Xu, Bin & Lin, Boqiang, 2015. "How industrialization and urbanization process impacts on CO2 emissions in China: Evidence from nonparametric additive regression models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 188-202.
- Recalde, Marina & Ramos-Martin, Jesús, 2012.
"Going beyond energy intensity to understand the energy metabolism of nations: The case of Argentina,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 122-132.
- Marina Recalde & Jesus Ramos-Martin, 2011. "Going beyond energy intensity to understand the energy metabolism of nations: The case of Argentina," UHE Working papers 2011_03, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Lin, Boqiang & Moubarak, Mohamed, 2013. "Decomposition analysis: Change of carbon dioxide emissions in the Chinese textile industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 389-396.
- Li, Ke & Lin, Boqiang, 2015. "The efficiency improvement potential for coal, oil and electricity in China's manufacturing sectors," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 403-413.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Peter C. B. Phillips & Stephan Smeekes & A. M. Robert Taylor, 2015.
"Lag Length Selection for Unit Root Tests in the Presence of Nonstationary Volatility,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 512-536, April.
- Cavaliere Giuseppe & Phillips Peter C.B. & Smeekes Stephan & Taylor A.M. Robert, 2011. "Lag Length Selection for Unit Root Tests in the Presence of Nonstationary Volatility," Research Memorandum 056, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Giuseppe Cavaliere & Peter C.B. Phillips & Stephan Smeekes & A.M. Robert Taylor, 2012. "Lag Length Selection for Unit Root Tests in the Presence of Nonstationary Volatility," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1844, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Gelos, R. Gaston & Werner, Alejandro M., 2002.
"Financial liberalization, credit constraints, and collateral: investment in the Mexican manufacturing sector,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 1-27, February.
- R. G Gelos & Alejandro M. Werner, 1999. "Financial Liberalization, Credit Constraints, and Collateral; Investment in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector," IMF Working Papers 99/25, International Monetary Fund.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wang, Xiaolei, 2014. "Promoting energy conservation in China's iron & steel sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 465-474.
- Farla, Jacco C.M & Blok, Kornelis, 2000. "The use of physical indicators for the monitoring of energy intensity developments in the Netherlands, 1980–1995," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 609-638.
- Li, Ke & Lin, Boqiang, 2015. "Metafroniter energy efficiency with CO2 emissions and its convergence analysis for China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 230-241.
- Lee, Myunghun & Zhang, Ning, 2012. "Technical efficiency, shadow price of carbon dioxide emissions, and substitutability for energy in the Chinese manufacturing industries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1492-1497.
- Hasanbeigi, Ali & Price, Lynn & Fino-Chen, Cecilia & Lu, Hongyou & Ke, Jing, 2013. "Retrospective and prospective decomposition analysis of Chinese manufacturing energy use and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 562-574.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Some recent development in a concept of causality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 199-211.
- McKay Curtis, S. & Banerjee, Sayantan & Ghosal, Subhashis, 2014. "Fast Bayesian model assessment for nonparametric additive regression," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 347-358.
- Saboori, Behnaz & Sulaiman, Jamalludin, 2013. "Environmental degradation, economic growth and energy consumption: Evidence of the environmental Kuznets curve in Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 892-905.
- Liddle, Brantley, 2015. "What Are the Carbon Emissions Elasticities for Income and Population? Bridging STIRPAT and EKC via robust heterogeneous panel estimates," MPRA Paper 61304, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Liang, Sai & Zhang, Tianzhu, 2011. "What is driving CO2 emissions in a typical manufacturing center of South China? The case of Jiangsu Province," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7078-7083.
- Oh, Da-Young & Noguchi, Takafumi & Kitagaki, Ryoma & Park, Won-Jun, 2014. "CO2 emission reduction by reuse of building material waste in the Japanese cement industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 796-810.
- Lin, Boqiang & Du, Kerui, 2014. "Decomposing energy intensity change: A combination of index decomposition analysis and production-theoretical decomposition analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 158-165.
- Wang, Yuan & Zhang, Xiang & Kubota, Jumpei & Zhu, Xiaodong & Lu, Genfa, 2015. "A semi-parametric panel data analysis on the urbanization-carbon emissions nexus for OECD countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 704-709.
- Du, Limin & Wei, Chu & Cai, Shenghua, 2012. "Economic development and carbon dioxide emissions in China: Provincial panel data analysis," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 371-384.
- Zhao, Yue & Ke, Jing & Ni, Chun Chun & McNeil, Michael & Khanna, Nina Zheng & Zhou, Nan & Fridley, David & Li, Qiqiang, 2014. "A comparative study of energy consumption and efficiency of Japanese and Chinese manufacturing industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 45-56.
- Stephen MacDonald & Suwen Pan & Darren Hudson & Francis Tuan, 2013. "Chinese domestic textile demand: where they buy does matter," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(3), pages 312-327, August.
- Salta, Myrsine & Polatidis, Heracles & Haralambopoulos, Dias, 2009. "Energy use in the Greek manufacturing sector: A methodological framework based on physical indicators with aggregation and decomposition analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 90-111.
- Sadath, Anver C. & Acharya, Rajesh H., 2015. "Effects of energy price rise on investment: Firm level evidence from Indian manufacturing sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 516-522.
- Eshita Gupta, 2012. "Global warming and electricity demand in the rapidly growing city of Delhi: A Semi-parametric variable coefficient approach," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 12-02, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Gupta, Eshita, 2012. "Global warming and electricity demand in the rapidly growing city of Delhi: A semi-parametric variable coefficient approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1407-1421.
- Zhang, Shaohui & Worrell, Ernst & Crijns-Graus, Wina & Wagner, Fabian & Cofala, Janusz, 2014. "Co-benefits of energy efficiency improvement and air pollution abatement in the Chinese iron and steel industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 333-345.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahmad, Najid & Du, Liangsheng & Lu, Jiye & Wang, Jianlin & Li, Hong-Zhou & Hashmi, Muhammad Zaffar, 2017. "Modelling the CO2 emissions and economic growth in Croatia: Is there any environmental Kuznets curve?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 164-172.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:31-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:appene:v:206:y:2017:i:c:p:1544-1551 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Sinha, Avik, 2018. "Environmental Kuznets Curve for CO2 Emission: A Literature Survey," MPRA Paper 86281, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 11 Apr 2018.
- Xu, Bin & Lin, Boqiang, 2017. "Assessing CO2 emissions in China's iron and steel industry: A nonparametric additive regression approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 325-337.
- Wang, Yuan & Zhang, Chen & Lu, Aitong & Li, Li & He, Yanmin & ToJo, Junji & Zhu, Xiaodong, 2017. "A disaggregated analysis of the environmental Kuznets curve for industrial CO2 emissions in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 190(C), pages 172-180.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:70:y:2018:i:c:p:116-131 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsManufacturing industry; Carbon dioxide emissions; Nonparametric additive regression models;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:101:y:2016:i:c:p:161-173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.