The Measurement of the Energy Intensity of Manufacturing Industries: A Principal Components Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bernard, Jean-Thomas & Cote, Bruno, 2005. "The measurement of the energy intensity of manufacturing industries: a principal components analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 221-233, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Theil, Henri, 1973. "A New Index Number Formula," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(4), pages 498-502, November.
- anonymous, 1999. "Order for currency notes for fiscal year 2000," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Oct, pages 671-671.
- Freeman, Scott L. & Niefer, Mark J. & Roop, Joseph M., 1997. "Measuring industrial energy intensity: practical issues and problems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7-9), pages 703-714.
- Nguyen V. Hong, 1983. "Notes - Two Measures of Aggregate Energy Production Elasticities," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Jean-Thomas Bernard & Pierre Cauchon, 1987. "Thermal and Economic Measures of Energy Use: Differences and Implications," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 125-135.
- Jay Zarnikau, 1999. "A Note: Will Tomorrow's Energy Efficiency Indices Prove Useful in Economic Studies?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 139-145.
- Patterson, Murray G, 1996. "What is energy efficiency? : Concepts, indicators and methodological issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 377-390, May.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen & Bharvirkar, Ranjit & Paul, Anthony, 2001. "The Effect of Allowance Allocation on the Cost of Carbon Emission Trading," Discussion Papers dp-01-30-, Resources For the Future.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liao, Hua & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2010.
"China's energy consumption: A perspective from Divisia aggregation approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 28-34.
- Hua Liao & Yi-Ming Wei, 2009. "China's energy consumption: A perspective from Divisia aggregation approach," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 1, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Xu, Bin & Lin, Boqiang, 2016. "Reducing CO2 emissions in China's manufacturing industry: Evidence from nonparametric additive regression models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 161-173.
- Li, Ming-Jia & Song, Chen-Xi & Tao, Wen-Quan, 2016. "A hybrid model for explaining the short-term dynamics of energy efficiency of China’s thermal power plants," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 738-747.
- Azadeh, A. & Amalnick, M.S. & Ghaderi, S.F. & Asadzadeh, S.M., 2007. "An integrated DEA PCA numerical taxonomy approach for energy efficiency assessment and consumption optimization in energy intensive manufacturing sectors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3792-3806, July.
- Salta, Myrsine & Polatidis, Heracles & Haralambopoulos, Dias, 2009. "Energy use in the Greek manufacturing sector: A methodological framework based on physical indicators with aggregation and decomposition analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 90-111.
- Li, Ming-Jia & Tao, Wen-Quan, 2017. "Review of methodologies and polices for evaluation of energy efficiency in high energy-consuming industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 203-215.
- repec:eee:energy:v:138:y:2017:i:c:p:332-347 is not listed on IDEAS
- Romano, Antonio A. & Scandurra, Giuseppe & Carfora, Alfonso & Pansini, Rosaria V., 2016. "Assessing the determinants of SIDS' pattern toward sustainability: A statistical analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 688-699.
- Kepplinger, D. & Templ, M. & Upadhyaya, S., 2013. "Analysis of energy intensity in manufacturing industry using mixed-effects models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 754-763.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy intensity; aggregation; principal components analysis;
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2006-01-24 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2006-01-24 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-02-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .