Measuring industrial energy intensity: practical issues and problems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wynne, Mark A & Sigalla, Fiona D, 1996. "A Survey of Measurement Biases in Price Indexes," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 55-89, March.
- Lichtenberg, Frank R & Griliches, Zvi, 1989. "Errors of Measurement in Output Deflators," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(1), pages 1-9, January.
- Patterson, Murray G, 1996. "What is energy efficiency? : Concepts, indicators and methodological issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 377-390, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lundgren, Tommy & Marklund, Per-Olov & Zhang, Shanshan, 2016. "Industrial energy demand and energy efficiency – Evidence from Sweden," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 130-152.
- Wang, Zhao-Hua & Zeng, Hua-Lin & Wei, Yi-Ming & Zhang, Yi-Xiang, 2012.
"Regional total factor energy efficiency: An empirical analysis of industrial sector in China,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 115-123.
- Zhao-Hua Wang & Hua-Lin Zeng & Yi-Ming Wei & Yi-Xiang Zhang, 2011. "Regional total factor energy efficiency: An empirical analysis of industrial sector in China," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 26, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Shoaib Azizi & Gireesh Nair & Thomas Olofsson, 2020. "Adoption of Energy Efficiency Measures in Renovation of Single-Family Houses: A Comparative Approach," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(22), pages 1-16, November.
- Oliveira, Cíntia Carla Melgaço de & Brittes, José Luiz Pereira & Silveira Junior, Vivaldo, 2019. "Dynamic operating conditions strategy for water hybrid cooling under variable heating demand," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 237(C), pages 635-645.
- Román-Collado, Rocío & Colinet, María José, 2018. "Are labour productivity and residential living standards drivers of the energy consumption changes?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 746-756.
- Geng, Jiang-Bo & Ji, Qiang, 2014. "Multi-perspective analysis of China's energy supply security," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 541-550.
- Karen Turner, 2013.
""Rebound" Effects from Increased Energy Efficiency: A Time to Pause and Reflect,"
The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Turner, Karen, 2012. "'Rebound' effects from increased energy efficiency: a time to pause and reflect," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2012-15, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Velasco-Fernández, Raúl & Dunlop, Tessa & Giampietro, Mario, 2020. "Fallacies of energy efficiency indicators: Recognizing the complexity of the metabolic pattern of the economy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C).
- Norman, Jonathan B., 2017. "Measuring improvements in industrial energy efficiency: A decomposition analysis applied to the UK," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 1144-1151.
- Hang, Ye & Sun, Jiasen & Wang, Qunwei & Zhao, Zengyao & Wang, Yizhong, 2015. "Measuring energy inefficiency with undesirable outputs and technology heterogeneity in Chinese cities," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 46-52.
- Aviel Verbruggen, 2011. "A Turbo Drive for the Global Reduction of Energy-Related CO 2 Emissions," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(4), pages 1-17, April.
- Honma, Satoshi & Hu, Jin-Li, 2009. "Total-factor energy productivity growth of regions in Japan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3941-3950, October.
- Subrahmanya, M.H. Bala, 2006. "Energy intensity and economic performance in small scale bricks and foundry clusters in India: does energy intensity matter?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 489-497, March.
- Di Vaio, Assunta & Varriale, Luisa & Alvino, Federico, 2018. "Key performance indicators for developing environmentally sustainable and energy efficient ports: Evidence from Italy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 229-240.
- Chang, Tzu-Pu & Hu, Jin-Li, 2010. "Total-factor energy productivity growth, technical progress, and efficiency change: An empirical study of China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(10), pages 3262-3270, October.
- Massimo Filippini & Lester C. Hunt, 2013.
"'Underlying Energy Efficiency' in the US,"
CER-ETH Economics working paper series
13/181, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Massimo Filippini & Lester C Hunt, 2015. "Underlying Energy Efficiency in the US," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 150, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Shuangjie Li & Li Li & Liming Wang, 2020. "2030 Target for Energy Efficiency and Emission Reduction in the EU Paper Industry," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Pokrovski, Vladimir N., 2003. "Energy in the theory of production," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 769-788.
- Du, Minzhe & Wang, Bing & Zhang, Ning, 2018. "National research funding and energy efficiency: Evidence from the National Science Foundation of China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 335-346.
- Dimitri B. Papadimitriou & L. Randall Wray, 1996. "The Consumer Price Index As a Measure of Inflation," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_164, Levy Economics Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:25:y:1997:i:7-9:p:703-714. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.