Understanding Spurious Regression in Financial Economics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Ai Deng, 2013. "Understanding Spurious Regression in Financial Economics," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 12(1), pages 122-150, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pierre Perron & Serena Ng, 1996.
"Useful Modifications to some Unit Root Tests with Dependent Errors and their Local Asymptotic Properties,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 63(3), pages 435-463.
- Perron, P. & Ng, S., 1994. "Useful Modifications to Some Unit Root Tests with Dependent Errors and Their Local Asymptotic Properties," Cahiers de recherche 9427, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Perron, P. & Ng, S., 1994. "Useful Modifications to Some Unit Root Tests with Dependent Errors and Their Local Asymptotic Properties," Cahiers de recherche 9427, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Anne Vila Wetherilt & Simon Wells, 2004. "Long-horizon equity return predictability: some new evidence for the United Kingdom," Bank of England working papers 244, Bank of England.
- Khil, Jaeuk & Lee, Bong-Soo, 2002. "A Time-Series Model of Stock Returns with a Positive Short-Term Correlation and a Negative Long-Term Correlation," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 381-404, June.
- Carl Chiarella & Shenhuai Gao, 2002. "Type I Spurious Regression in Econometrics," Working Paper Series 114, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:acctfi:v:58:y:2018:i:1:p:127-147 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wly:japmet:v:31:y:2016:i:7:p:1467-1477 is not listed on IDEAS
- Torben G. Andersen & Rasmus T. Varneskov, 2018. "Consistent Inference for Predictive Regressions in Persistent VAR Economies," CREATES Research Papers 2018-09, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Daniela Osterrieder & Daniel Ventosa-Santaulària & J. Eduardo Vera-Valdés, 2015. "Unbalanced Regressions and the Predictive Equation," CREATES Research Papers 2015-09, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Chevillon, Guillaume, 2017. "Robustness of Multistep Forecasts and Predictive Regressions at Intermediate and Long Horizons," ESSEC Working Papers WP1710, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Ai Deng Author-X-Name-First: Ai, 2006. "Local Power of Andrews and Ploberger Tests Against Nearly Integrated, Nearly White Noise Process," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2006-027, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:50:y:2018:i:c:p:263-278 is not listed on IDEAS
- Powell, John G. & Shi, Jing & Smith, Tom & Whaley, Robert E., 2009. "Political regimes, business cycles, seasonalities, and returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1112-1128, June.
- repec:eee:empfin:v:45:y:2018:i:c:p:269-282 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gerdie Everaert & Hauke Vierke, 2016.
"Demographics and Business Cycle Volatility: A Spurious Relationship?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(7), pages 1467-1477, November.
- Gerdie Everaert & Hauke Vierke, 2015. "Demographics And Business Cycle Volatility A Spurious Relationship?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 15/914, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- repec:bpj:sndecm:v:22:y:2018:i:3:p:14:n:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deng, Ai, 2010. "Local power of consistent tests for serial correlation against the nearly integrated, nearly white noise process," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 22-25, April.
More about this item
Keywordsspurious regression; signal-to-noise ratio; fixed-b asymptotics; data mining; stock return predictability;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jfinec:v:12:y:2014:i:1:p:122-150.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sofieea.html .