The causes of the high energy intensity of the Kazakh economy: A characterization of its energy system
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schipper, Lee, 2011. "Automobile use, fuel economy and CO2 emissions in industrialized countries: Encouraging trends through 2008?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 358-372, March.
- Kaiser, Mark J. & Pulsipher, Allan G., 2007. "A review of the oil and gas sector in Kazakhstan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1300-1314, February.
- Lin, Boqiang & Zhang, Guoliang, 2013. "Estimates of electricity saving potential in Chinese nonferrous metals industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 558-568.
- Münster, Marie & Morthorst, Poul Erik & Larsen, Helge V. & Bregnbæk, Lars & Werling, Jesper & Lindboe, Hans Henrik & Ravn, Hans, 2012. "The role of district heating in the future Danish energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 47-55.
- Lu, Shyi-Min & Lu, Ching & Tseng, Kuo-Tung & Chen, Falin & Chen, Chen-Liang, 2013. "Energy-saving potential of the industrial sector of Taiwan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 674-683.
- Zangeneh, Morteza & Omid, Mahmoud & Akram, Asadollah, 2010. "A comparative study on energy use and cost analysis of potato production under different farming technologies in Hamadan province of Iran," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 2927-2933.
- Isaac, Morna & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2009. "Modeling global residential sector energy demand for heating and air conditioning in the context of climate change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 507-521, February.
- Anozie, A.N. & Bakare, A.R. & Sonibare, J.A. & Oyebisi, T.O., 2007. "Evaluation of cooking energy cost, efficiency, impact on air pollution and policy in Nigeria," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1283-1290.
- Sarbassov, Yerbol & Kerimray, Aiymgul & Tokmurzin, Diyar & Tosato, GianCarlo & De Miglio, Rocco, 2013. "Electricity and heating system in Kazakhstan: Exploring energy efficiency improvement paths," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 431-444.
- Atakhanova, Zauresh & Howie, Peter, 2007. "Electricity demand in Kazakhstan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3729-3743, July.
- Kalt, Gerald & Kranzl, Lukas, 2011. "Assessing the economic efficiency of bioenergy technologies in climate mitigation and fossil fuel replacement in Austria using a techno-economic approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 3665-3684.
- Kazunori Kojima & Lisa Ryan, 2010. "Transport Energy Efficiency: Implementation of IEA Recommendations since 2009 and Next Steps," IEA Energy Papers 2010/9, OECD Publishing.
- Jackson, Tamara M. & Khan, Shahbaz & Hafeez, Mohsin, 2010. "A comparative analysis of water application and energy consumption at the irrigated field level," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(10), pages 1477-1485, October.
- Ruzzenenti, F. & Basosi, R., 2009. "Evaluation of the energy efficiency evolution in the European road freight transport sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 4079-4085, October.
- Roinioti, Argiro & Koroneos, Christopher & Wangensteen, Ivar, 2012. "Modeling the Greek energy system: Scenarios of clean energy use and their implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 711-722.
- Mousavi-Avval, Seyed Hashem & Rafiee, Shahin & Mohammadi, Ali, 2011. "Optimization of energy consumption and input costs for apple production in Iran using data envelopment analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 909-916.
- Cornillie, Jan & Fankhauser, Samuel, 2004. "The energy intensity of transition countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 283-295, May.
- Huo, Hong & He, Kebin & Wang, Michael & Yao, Zhiliang, 2012. "Vehicle technologies, fuel-economy policies, and fuel-consumption rates of Chinese vehicles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 30-36.
- Hasanbeigi, Ali & Morrow, William & Sathaye, Jayant & Masanet, Eric & Xu, Tengfang, 2013. "A bottom-up model to estimate the energy efficiency improvement and CO2 emission reduction potentials in the Chinese iron and steel industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 315-325.
- Kiang, Nancy & Schipper, Lee, 1996. "Energy trends in the Japanese transportation sector," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 21-35.
- Alluvione, Francesco & Moretti, Barbara & Sacco, Dario & Grignani, Carlo, 2011. "EUE (energy use efficiency) of cropping systems for a sustainable agriculture," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 4468-4481.
- Weiss, Martin & Dittmar, Lars & Junginger, Martin & Patel, Martin K. & Blok, Kornelis, 2009. "Market diffusion, technological learning, and cost-benefit dynamics of condensing gas boilers in the Netherlands," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2962-2976, August.
- Tian, Jinping & Shi, Han & Li, Xing & Chen, Lujun, 2012. "Measures and potentials of energy-saving in a Chinese fine chemical industrial park," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 459-470.
- Atabani, A.E. & Badruddin, Irfan Anjum & Mekhilef, S. & Silitonga, A.S., 2011. "A review on global fuel economy standards, labels and technologies in the transportation sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4586-4610.
- Tao, Jing & Yu, Suiran, 2011. "Implementation of energy efficiency standards of household refrigerator/freezer in China: Potential environmental and economic impacts," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(5), pages 1890-1905, May.
- Fleiter, Tobias & Fehrenbach, Daniel & Worrell, Ernst & Eichhammer, Wolfgang, 2012. "Energy efficiency in the German pulp and paper industry – A model-based assessment of saving potentials," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 84-99.
- Feng, Xuesong, 2011. "Optimization of target speeds of high-speed railway trains for traction energy saving and transport efficiency improvement," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7658-7665.
- Topak, Ramazan & Süheri, Sinan & Acar, Bilal, 2010. "Comparison of energy of irrigation regimes in sugar beet production in a semi-arid region," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 5464-5471.
- Mata, Érika & Sasic Kalagasidis, Angela & Johnsson, Filip, 2013. "Energy usage and technical potential for energy saving measures in the Swedish residential building stock," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 404-414.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:energy:v:149:y:2018:i:c:p:762-778 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karatayev, Marat & Clarke, Michèle L., 2016. "A review of current energy systems and green energy potential in Kazakhstan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 491-504.
- Perwez, Usama & Sohail, Ahmed & Hassan, Syed Fahad & Zia, Usman, 2015. "The long-term forecast of Pakistan's electricity supply and demand: An application of long range energy alternatives planning," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P2), pages 2423-2435.
- Karatayev, Marat & Hall, Stephen & Kalyuzhnova, Yelena & Clarke, Michèle L., 2016. "Renewable energy technology uptake in Kazakhstan: Policy drivers and barriers in a transitional economy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 120-136.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Panagiotis, 2015. "Assessing greenhouse gas emissions in Estonia's energy system," MPRA Paper 66105, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Panagiotis, 2015. "Scenario analysis on greenhouse gas emissions reduction in Southeast Balkans' energy system," MPRA Paper 65280, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Makpal Assembayeva & Jonas Egerer & Roman Mendelevitch & Nurkhat Zhakiyev, 2017. "A Spatial Electricity Market Model for the Power System of Kazakhstan," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1659, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Gómez, Antonio & Dopazo, César & Fueyo, Norberto, 2016. "The “cost of not doing” energy planning: The Spanish energy bubble," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 434-446.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy intensity; Kazakhstan; Bottom-up energy model; Energy system analysis; Energy demand; Energy supply;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:71:y:2014:i:c:p:556-568. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.