A Spatial Electricity Market Model for the Power System of Kazakhstan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gürkan, Gül & Langestraat, Romeo, 2014. "Modeling and analysis of renewable energy obligations and technology bandings in the UK electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 85-95.
- Alibek Konkakov & Gulaikhan Kubayeva, 2016. "Progress in diversification of the economy in Kazakhstan," Working Papers 2016/8, Maastricht School of Management.
- Andreas Ehrenmann & Yves Smeers, 2011. "Generation Capacity Expansion in a Risky Environment: A Stochastic Equilibrium Analysis," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 59(6), pages 1332-1346, December.
- Després, Jacques & Hadjsaid, Nouredine & Criqui, Patrick & Noirot, Isabelle, 2015.
"Modelling the impacts of variable renewable sources on the power sector: Reconsidering the typology of energy modelling tools,"
Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 486-495.
- Jacques Després & Nourédine Hadjsaïd & Patrick Criqui & Isabelle Noirot, 2015. "Modelling the impacts of variable renewable sources on the power sector: Reconsidering the typology of energy modelling tools," Post-Print hal-01100882, HAL.
- Nahmmacher, Paul & Schmid, Eva & Hirth, Lion & Knopf, Brigitte, 2016. "Carpe diem: A novel approach to select representative days for long-term power system modeling," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 430-442.
- Hall, Lisa M.H. & Buckley, Alastair R., 2016. "A review of energy systems models in the UK: Prevalent usage and categorisation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 607-628.
- Huppmann, Daniel & Egging, Ruud, 2014.
"Market power, fuel substitution and infrastructure – A large-scale equilibrium model of global energy markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 483-500.
- Daniel Huppmann & Ruud Egging, 2014. "Market Power, Fuel Substitution and Infrastructure: A Large-Scale Equilibrium Model of Global Energy Markets," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1370, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Rintamäki, Tuomas & Siddiqui, Afzal S. & Salo, Ahti, 2016. "How much is enough? Optimal support payments in a renewable-rich power system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 117(P1), pages 300-313.
- Ventosa, Mariano & Baillo, Alvaro & Ramos, Andres & Rivier, Michel, 2005. "Electricity market modeling trends," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 897-913, May.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:1518-1534 is not listed on IDEAS
- Razeghi, Ghazal & Brouwer, Jack & Samuelsen, Scott, 2016. "A spatially and temporally resolved model of the electricity grid – Economic vs environmental dispatch," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 540-556.
- Deane, J.P. & Chiodi, Alessandro & Gargiulo, Maurizio & Ó Gallachóir, Brian P., 2012. "Soft-linking of a power systems model to an energy systems model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 303-312.
- Jonas Egerer & Roman Mendelevitch & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2014. "A Lower Carbon Strategy for the Electricity Sector of Kazakhstan to 2030/50: Scenarios for Generation and Network Development ; Technical Report," DIW Berlin: Politikberatung kompakt, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, volume 85, number pbk85.
- Yihsu Chen & Lizhi Wang, 2013. "Renewable Portfolio Standards in the Presence of Green Consumers and Emissions Trading," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 149-181, June.
- Abrell, Jan & Rausch, Sebastian, 2016.
"Cross-country electricity trade, renewable energy and European transmission infrastructure policy,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 87-113.
- Jan Abrell & Sebastian Rausch, 2016. "Cross-Country Electricity Trade, Renewable Energy and European Transmission Infrastructure Policy," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 16/229, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Atakhanova, Zauresh & Howie, Peter, 2007. "Electricity demand in Kazakhstan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3729-3743, July.
- Florian Leuthold & Hannes Weigt & Christian Hirschhausen, 2012. "A Large-Scale Spatial Optimization Model of the European Electricity Market," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 75-107, March.
- Gómez, Antonio & Dopazo, César & Fueyo, Norberto, 2014. "The causes of the high energy intensity of the Kazakh economy: A characterization of its energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 556-568.
- Zerrahn, Alexander & Schill, Wolf-Peter, 2017.
"Long-run power storage requirements for high shares of renewables: review and a new model,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,
Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 1518-1534.
- Alexander Zerrahn & Wolf-Peter Schill, 2015. "A Greenfield Model to Evaluate Long-Run Power Storage Requirements for High Shares of Renewables," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1457, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Karsten Neuhoff & Benjamin F. Hobbs & David Newbery, 2011. "Congestion Management in European Power Networks: Criteria to Assess the Available Options," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1161, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Mikkola, Jani & Lund, Peter D., 2016. "Modeling flexibility and optimal use of existing power plants with large-scale variable renewable power schemes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 364-375.
- Karatayev, Marat & Clarke, Michèle L., 2016. "A review of current energy systems and green energy potential in Kazakhstan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 491-504.
- Fang, Tingting & Lahdelma, Risto, 2016. "Optimization of combined heat and power production with heat storage based on sliding time window method," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 723-732.
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Dagoumas, Athanasios S. & Kopanos, Georgios M. & Pistikopoulos, Efstratios N. & Georgiadis, Michael C., 2014. "A spatial multi-period long-term energy planning model: A case study of the Greek power system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 456-482.
- Kunz, Friedrich & Zerrahn, Alexander, 2015. "Benefits of coordinating congestion management in electricity transmission networks: Theory and application to Germany," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 34-45.
More about this item
KeywordsKazakhstan; Central Asia; Electricity sector; Techno-economic modeling; Transmission network; ELMOD;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D47 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Market Design
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-04-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2017-04-30 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CWA-2017-04-30 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2017-04-30 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2017-04-30 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1659. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .