Congestion Management in European Power Networks: Criteria to Assess the Available Options
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bjorndal, Mette & Jornsten, Kurt, 2007. "Benefits from coordinating congestion management--The Nordic power market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1978-1991, March.
- Frieder Borggrefe & Karsten Neuhoff, 2011. "Balancing and Intraday Market Design: Options for Wind Integration," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1162, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McInerney, Celine & Bunn, Derek W., 2017. "Optimal over installation of wind generation facilities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 87-96.
- Pär Holmberg and Ewa Lazarczyk, 2015. "Comparison of congestion management techniques: Nodal, zonal and discriminatory pricing," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Grimm, Veronika & Martin, Alexander & Schmidt, Martin & Weibelzahl, Martin & Zöttl, Gregor, 2016. "Transmission and generation investment in electricity markets: The effects of market splitting and network fee regimes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 254(2), pages 493-509.
- Grimm, Veronika & Martin, Alexander & Weibelzahl, Martin & Zöttl, Gregor, 2016. "On the long run effects of market splitting: Why more price zones might decrease welfare," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 453-467.
- Hagspiel, S. & Jägemann, C. & Lindenberger, D. & Brown, T. & Cherevatskiy, S. & Tröster, E., 2014. "Cost-optimal power system extension under flow-based market coupling," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 654-666.
- de Jong, Jacques & Hassel, Arndt & Egenhofer, Christian & Jansen, Jaap & Xu, Zheng, 2017. "Improving the Market for Flexibility in the Electricity Sector," CEPS Papers 13093, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Hesamzadeh, M. & Holmberg, P. & Sarfati, M., 2018.
"Simulation and Evaluation of Zonal Electricity Market Designs,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1829, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Hesamzadeh, Mohammad Reza & Holmberg, Pär & Sarfati, Mahir, 2018. "Simulation and Evaluation of Zonal Electricity Market Designs," Working Paper Series 1211, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Hagspiel, Simeon & Jägemann, Cosima & Lindenberger, Dietmar & Brown, Tom & Cherevatskiy, Stanislav & Tröster, Eckehard, 2013. "Cost-Optimal Power System Extension under Flow-Based Market Coupling," EWI Working Papers 2013-9, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Ruderer, D., 2012. "The Impact of Transmission Pricing in Network Industries," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1230, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Bhagwat, Pradyumna C. & de Vries, Laurens J. & Hobbs, Benjamin F., 2016. "Expert survey on capacity markets in the US: Lessons for the EU," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 11-17.
- Chaves-Ávila, José Pablo & van der Veen, Reinier A.C. & Hakvoort, Rudi A., 2014. "The interplay between imbalance pricing mechanisms and network congestions – Analysis of the German electricity market," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 52-61.
- Makpal Assembayeva & Jonas Egerer & Roman Mendelevitch & Nurkhat Zhakiyev, 2017. "A Spatial Electricity Market Model for the Power System of Kazakhstan," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1659, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:660-667 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ochoa, Camila & van Ackere, Ann, 2015. "Winners and losers of market coupling," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 522-534.
- Lidia Puka & Kacper Szulecki, 2014. "Beyond the "Grid-Lock" in Electricity Interconnectors: The Case of Germany and Poland," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1378, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsPower market design; integrating renewables; congestion management;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2011-10-22 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-ENE-2011-10-22 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2011-10-22 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-NET-2011-10-22 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.