Congestion Management in European Power Networks: Criteria to Assess the Available Options
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frieder Borggrefe & Karsten Neuhoff, 2011. "Balancing and Intraday Market Design: Options for Wind Integration," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1162, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Bjorndal, Mette & Jornsten, Kurt, 2007. "Benefits from coordinating congestion management--The Nordic power market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1978-1991, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chaves-Ávila, José Pablo & van der Veen, Reinier A.C. & Hakvoort, Rudi A., 2014. "The interplay between imbalance pricing mechanisms and network congestions – Analysis of the German electricity market," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 52-61.
- Grimm, Veronika & Martin, Alexander & Schmidt, Martin & Weibelzahl, Martin & Zöttl, Gregor, 2016. "Transmission and generation investment in electricity markets: The effects of market splitting and network fee regimes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 254(2), pages 493-509.
- Hagspiel, Simeon & Jägemann, Cosima & Lindenberger, Dietmar & Brown, Tom & Cherevatskiy, Stanislav & Tröster, Eckehard, 2013. "Cost-Optimal Power System Extension under Flow-Based Market Coupling," EWI Working Papers 2013-9, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- McInerney, Celine & Bunn, Derek W., 2017. "Optimal over installation of wind generation facilities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 87-96.
- Makpal Assembayeva & Jonas Egerer & Roman Mendelevitch & Nurkhat Zhakiyev, 2017. "A Spatial Electricity Market Model for the Power System of Kazakhstan," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1659, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ruderer, D., 2012. "The Impact of Transmission Pricing in Network Industries," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1230, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Grimm, Veronika & Martin, Alexander & Weibelzahl, Martin & Zöttl, Gregor, 2016. "On the long run effects of market splitting: Why more price zones might decrease welfare," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 453-467.
- Hagspiel, S. & Jägemann, C. & Lindenberger, D. & Brown, T. & Cherevatskiy, S. & Tröster, E., 2014. "Cost-optimal power system extension under flow-based market coupling," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 654-666.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:660-667 is not listed on IDEAS
- de Jong, Jacques & Hassel, Arndt & Egenhofer, Christian & Jansen, Jaap & Xu, Zheng, 2017. "Improving the Market for Flexibility in the Electricity Sector," CEPS Papers 13093, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Pär Holmberg and Ewa Lazarczyk, 2015. "Comparison of congestion management techniques: Nodal, zonal and discriminatory pricing," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Ochoa, Camila & van Ackere, Ann, 2015. "Winners and losers of market coupling," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 522-534.
- Bhagwat, Pradyumna C. & de Vries, Laurens J. & Hobbs, Benjamin F., 2016. "Expert survey on capacity markets in the US: Lessons for the EU," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 11-17.
- Lidia Puka & Kacper Szulecki, 2014. "Beyond the "Grid-Lock" in Electricity Interconnectors: The Case of Germany and Poland," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1378, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsPower market design; integrating renewables; congestion management;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2011-10-22 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-ENE-2011-10-22 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2011-10-22 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-NET-2011-10-22 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .