Regulating Networks in the New Economy
The regulation of network industries has undergone profound transformation in the past twenty years. The regulated industry is no longer the same, being exposed to new competitive dynamics having revolutionized their industrial framework, technology and interactions with users. There also have been fundamental changes in what regulation is feasible. In an information society a model devised in the 19th century to set prices for monopoly infrastructures such as bridges, roads and railways no longer captures the essential: the interactive dynamics created by technologies, uses, and markets.
|Date of creation:||15 Feb 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via dei Roccettini, 9 - I-50016 San Domenico di Fiesole|
Web page: http://www.eui.eu/RSCAS/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vandezande, Leen & Meeus, Leonardo & Delvaux, Bram & Van Calster, Geert & Belmans, Ronnie, 2006. "Evaluation of Economic Merger Control Techniques Applied to the European Electricity Sector," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 49-56, July.
- Rious, Vincent & Glachant, Jean-Michel & Perez, Yannick & Dessante, Philippe, 2008.
"The diversity of design of TSOs,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3323-3332, September.
- Vincent Rious & Jean-Michel Glachant & Yannick Perez & Philippe Dessante, 2008. "The Diversity of Design of TSOs," Working Papers 0805, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Vincent Rious & Jean-Michel Glachant & Yannick Perez & Philippe Dessante, 2008. "The diversity of design of TSOs," Post-Print hal-00339836, HAL.
- Vincent Rious & Jean-Michel Glachant & Yannick Perez & Philippe Dessante, 2008. "The diversity of design of TSOs," Post-Print hal-00318518, HAL.
- Rious, V. & Glachant , J. & Perez, Y. & Dessante, P., 2008. "The Diversity of Design of TSOs," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0822, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Jean-Michel Glachant & François Lévêque (ed.), 2009. "Electricity Reform in Europe," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13192.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12332 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giannakis, Dimitrios & Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael, 2005. "Benchmarking and incentive regulation of quality of service: an application to the UK electricity distribution networks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(17), pages 2256-2271, November.
- Brousseau,Eric & Glachant,Jean-Michel (ed.), 2002. "The Economics of Contracts," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521814904, December.
- Brunekreeft, Gert & Neuhoff, Karsten & Newbery, David, 2005. "Electricity transmission: An overview of the current debate," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 73-93, June.
- Brunekreeft, G. & Neuhoff, K. & Newbery, D., 2004. "Electricity transmission: an overview of the current debate," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0463, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Cosmo Graham, 2006. "The politics of necessity: electricity and water in Great Britain," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 435-448, December.
- Glachant, Jean-Michel & Dubois, Ute & Perez, Yannick, 2008. "Deregulating with no regulator: Is the German electricity transmission regime institutionally correct?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1600-1610, May.
- Ehrenmann, Andreas & Smeers, Yves, 2005. "Inefficiencies in European congestion management proposals," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 135-152, June.
- Nyborg, Karine & Telle, Kjetil, 2004. "The role of warnings in regulation: keeping control with less punishment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 2801-2816, December.
- Nyborg, Karine & Telle, Kjetil, 2003. "The Role of Warnings in Regulation: Keeping Control with Less Punishment," Memorandum 24/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael, 2007. "Incentive regulation of electricity distribution networks: Lessons of experience from Britain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6163-6187, December.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2007. "Incentive Regulation of Electricity Distribution Networks: Lessons of Experience from Britain," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0709, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Finon, Dominique & Perez, Yannick, 2007. "The social efficiency of instruments of promotion of renewable energies: A transaction-cost perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 77-92, April.
- D. Finon & Y. Perez, 2007. "The social efficiency of instruments of promotion of renewable energies: A transaction-cost perspective," Post-Print hal-00716667, HAL.
- Brousseau,Eric & Glachant,Jean-Michel (ed.), 2002. "The Economics of Contracts," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521893138, December.
- Tony Prosser, 2005. "Regulatory Contracts and Stakeholder Regulation," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 76(1), pages 35-57, 03.
- Pollitt, M, 2007. "Liberalisation and Regulation in Electricity Systems: How can we get the balance right?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0753, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Hogan, William W, 2002. "Electricity Market Restructuring: Reforms of Reforms," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 103-132, January.
- Thomas-Olivier Léautier & Véronique Thelen, 2009. "Optimal expansion of the power transmission grid: why not?," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 127-153, October.
- David Sappington, 2005. "Regulating Service Quality: A Survey," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 123-154, November.
- Mariano Tommasi & Pablo T. Spiller & Ernesto Stein, 2003. "Political Institutions, Policymaking Processes, and Policy Outcomes. An Intertemporal Transactions Framework," Working Papers 59, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Jul 2003.
- J-M- Glachant, 2002. "Why regulate deregulated network industries?," Competition and Regulation in Network Industries, Intersentia, vol. 3(3), pages 297-312, September.
- Eli M. Noam, 2001. "Interconnecting the Network of Networks," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262140721, January.
- R. Maria Saleth & Ariel Dinar, 2004. "The Institutional Economics of Water : A Cross-Country Analysis of Institutions and Performance," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14884, December.
- Carliss Y. Baldwin, 2008. "Where do transactions come from? Modularity, transactions, and the boundaries of firms," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 155-195, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erp:euirsc:p0207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valerio PAPPALARDO)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.