Report NEP-HIS-2009-07-11This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ronald Jean Degen, 2009. "Understanding China?s historical development: The profit and the risk that China?s stock market provides investors," Working Papers 35, globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
- Item repec:hst:ghsdps:gd09-71 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Howard Bodenhorn, 2009. "Splendid Associations of Favored Individuals: Federal and State Commercial Banking Policy in the Federalist Era," NBER Working Papers 15135, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Item repec:pra:mprapa:16038 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Hart, Robert A, 2009. "Workers Made Idle by Company Strikes and the ‘British Disease'," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2009-14, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Nathan Nunn & Nancy Qian, 2009. "The Potato's Contribution to Population and Urbanization: Evidence from an Historical Experiment," NBER Working Papers 15157, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Eichengreen & Douglas A. Irwin, 2009. "The Slide to Protectionism in the Great Depression: Who Succumbed and Why?," NBER Working Papers 15142, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Huhn, 2009. "Contested Cornerstones of Nonviolent National Self-Perception in Costa Rica: A Historical Approach," GIGA Working Paper Series 101, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 2009. "Revenue or Reciprocity? Founding Feuds over Early U.S. Trade Policy," NBER Working Papers 15144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alfonso Herranz-Loncán, 2009. "The Contribution of Railways to Economic Growth in Latin America before 1914: the cases of Mexico, Brazil and Argentina," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 0903, Asociación Española de Historia Económica.
- Albrecht, James & Björklund, Anders & Vroman, Susan, 2009. "Unionization and the Evolution of the Wage Distribution in Sweden: 1968 to 2000," IZA Discussion Papers 4246, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alvarez-Cuadrado, Francisco & Poschke, Markus, 2009. "Structural Change out of Agriculture: Labor Push versus Labor Pull," IZA Discussion Papers 4247, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Berthold Herrendorf & James A. Schmitz & Arilton Teixeira, 2009. "Transportation and development: insights from the U.S., 1840-1860," Staff Report 425, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Carlota Perez, 2009. "The New Technologies: An Integrated view, July, 1986," The Other Canon Foundation and Tallinn University of Technology Working Papers in Technology Governance and Economic Dynamics 19, TUT Ragnar Nurkse School of Innovation and Governance.
- Isaías N. Chaves & Leopoldo Fergusson & James A. Robinson, 2009. "He Who Counts Elects: Determinants of Fraud in the 1922 Colombian Presidential Election," NBER Working Papers 15127, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marc Flandreau & Juan H. Flores & Norbert Gaillard & Sebastián Nieto-Parra, 2009. "The End of Gatekeeping: Underwriters and the Quality of Sovereign Bond Markets, 1815-2007," NBER Working Papers 15128, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean-Michel Glachant, 2009. "Regulating Networks in the New Economy," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 5, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).