Splendid Associations of Favored Individuals: Federal and State Commercial Banking Policy in the Federalist Era
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1986. "Large Shareholders and Corporate Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 461-488, June.
- Anna J. Schwartz, 1987.
"The Beginning of Competitive Banking in Philadelphia, 1782–1809,"
NBER Chapters,in: Money in Historical Perspective, pages 3-23
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anna Jacobson Schwartz, 1947. "The Beginning of Competitive Banking in Philadelphia, 1782-1809," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 417-417.
- Sylla, Richard & Legler, John B. & Wallis, John J., 1987. "Banks and State Public Finance in the New Republic: The United States, 1790–1860," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 47(02), pages 391-403, June.
- Bodenhorn, Howard, 1992. "Capital Mobility and Financial Integration in Antebellum America," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(03), pages 585-610, September.
More about this item
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
- N21 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2009-07-11 (Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2009-07-11 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:15135. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .