Usury ceilings and bank lending behavior: Evidence from nineteenth century New York
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ernst-Ludwig von Thadden, 1995. "Long-Term Contracts, Short-Term Investment and Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(4), pages 557-575.
- Gary S. Becker, 1974.
"Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach,"
in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rudolph C. Blitz & Millard F. Long, 1965. "The Economics of Usury Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 608.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Scheinkman, Jose, 1998.
"Neither a Borrower nor a Lender Be: An Economic Analysis of Interest Restrictions and Usury Laws,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 1-36, April.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1994. "Neither a Borrower nor a Lender Be: An Economic Analysis of Interest Restrictions and Usury Laws," NBER Working Papers 4954, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Tuccillo, 1977. "Taxation by Regulation: The Case of Financial Intermediaries," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 577-587, Autumn.
- Peter Temin & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2005.
"Financial Repression in a Natural Experiment: Loan Allocation and the Change in the Usury Laws in 1714,"
209, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Temin, Peter & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2004. "Financial Repression in a Natural Experiment: Loan Allocation and the Change in the Usury Laws in 1714," CEPR Discussion Papers 4452, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boyes, W J & Furnish, Dale Beck, 1984. "A Note on the Use of Incorporation as an Escape from Usury Ceilings," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 367-72, March.
- Ostas, James R, 1976. "Effects of Usury Ceilings in the Mortgage Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(3), pages 821-34, June.
- Marco A. Espinosa-Vega & William C. Hunter, 1994. "Financial repression and economic development," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Sep, pages 1-11.
- Bodenhorn, Howard, 1992. "Capital Mobility and Financial Integration in Antebellum America," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(03), pages 585-610, September.
- Peterson, Richard L, 1983. " Usury Laws and Consumer Credit: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1299-1304, September.
- Ongena, S. & Smith, D.C., 2000. "Bank relationships : A review," Other publications TiSEM 993b88a5-9a0f-42de-9cec-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Goldberg, Lawrence G., 2004. "Relationship lending: a survey of the literature," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 315-330.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1987. "The Causes and Consequences of the Dependence of Quality on Price," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 1-48, March.
- Wolken, John D & Navratil, Frank J, 1981. "The Economic Impact of the Federal Credit Union Usury Ceiling," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(5), pages 1157-68, December.
- Elsas, Ralf, 2005. "Empirical determinants of relationship lending," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 32-57, January.
- Boot, Arnoud W. A., 2000. "Relationship Banking: What Do We Know?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 7-25, January.
- Howard Bodenhorn, 2004.
"Bank Chartering and Political Corruption in Antebellum New York: Free Banking as Reform,"
NBER Working Papers
10479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Howard Bodenhorn, 2006. "Bank Chartering and Political Corruption in Antebellum New York. Free Banking as Reform," NBER Chapters, in: Corruption and Reform: Lessons from America's Economic History, pages 231-258 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffee, Dwight M & Modigliani, Franco, 1969. "A Theory and Test of Credit Rationing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 850-72, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:exehis:v:44:y:2007:i:2:p:179-202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.