Regulating Service Quality: A Survey
This article reviews the major insights of the economics literature regarding the design of service quality regulation in public utility industries. The focus is on generic service quality issues of primary relevance in the industries, which include the electricity, telecommunications, and water industries. The instruments that public utility regulators commonly employ and the manner in which the regulators employ the instruments to secure desirable levels of service quality are emphasized. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2005
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 27 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/industrial+organization/journal/11149/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Mandy & David E. M. Sappington, 2004.
"Incentives for Sabotage in Vertically Related Industries,"
0404, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 16 Dec 2004.
- David Mandy & David Sappington, 2007. "Incentives for sabotage in vertically related industries," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 235-260, June.
- Susan M. V. Flaherty & Paul R. Zimmerman, 2005. "Does Allowing the Bells to Offer InterLATA Long-Distance Service Affect Entry into Local Telephony?," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 197-212, July.
- De Fraja, Gianni & Iozzi, Alberto, 2004.
"Bigger and Better: A Dynamic Regulatory Mechanism for Optimum Quality,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4502, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gianni De Fraja & Alberto Iozzi, 2008. "The Quest for Quality: A Quality Adjusted Dynamic Regulatory Mechanism," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 1011-1040, December.
- Alvaro Bustos & Alexander Galetovic, 2003.
"Vertical Integration and Sabotage in Regulated Industries,"
Documentos de Trabajo
164, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Bustos Alvaro E & Galetovic Alexander, 2009. "Vertical Integration and Sabotage with a Regulated Bottleneck Monopoly," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-52, September.
- repec:reg:rpubli:136 is not listed on IDEAS
- Armstrong, Mark & Sappington, David E.M., 2007. "Recent Developments in the Theory of Regulation," Handbook of Industrial Organization, Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:regeco:v:27:y:2005:i:2:p:123-154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.