Cross-country electricity trade, renewable energy and European transmission infrastructure policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Jan Abrell & Sebastian Rausch, 2016. "Cross-Country Electricity Trade, Renewable Energy and European Transmission Infrastructure Policy," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 16/229, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
References listed on IDEAS
- AfDB AfDB, . "African Statistical Yearbook 2012," African Statistical Yearbook, African Development Bank, number 387, March.
- Hendrik Bessembinder & Michael L. Lemmon, 2006. "Gains from Trade under Uncertainty: The Case of Electric Power Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(4), pages 1755-1782, July.
- AfDB AfDB, . "The AfDB Statistics Pocketbook 2012," AfDB Statistics Pocketbook, African Development Bank, number 388, March.
- Hertel, Thomas & Hummels, David & Ivanic, Maros & Keeney, Roman, 2007.
"How confident can we be of CGE-based assessments of Free Trade Agreements?,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 611-635, July.
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Hummels, David & Ivanic, Maros & Keeney, Roman, 2003. "How Confident Can We Be In Cge-Based Assessments Of Free Trade Agreements?," Working papers 28690, Purdue University, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Global Trade Analysis Project.
- Hertel, Thomas & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2003. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," GTAP Working Papers 1324, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Thomas Hertel & David Hummels & Maros Ivanic & Roman Keeney, 2004. "How Confident Can We Be in CGE-Based Assessments of Free Trade Agreements?," NBER Working Papers 10477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gramlich, Edward M, 1994. "Infrastructure Investment: A Review Essay," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1176-1196, September.
- Andreas Schröder & Friedrich Kunz & Jan Meiss & Roman Mendelevitch & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2013. "Current and Prospective Costs of Electricity Generation until 2050," Data Documentation 68, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Rogers, J. Scott & Rowse, John G., 1989.
"Canadian interregional electricity trade : Analysing the gains from system integration during 1990-2020,"
Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 105-118, April.
- Rogers, J.S. & Rowse, J.G., 1989. "Canadian Interregional Electricity Trade: Analyzing The Gains From System Integration During 1990-2020," Papers 116, Calgary - Department of Economics.
- Unido, 2012. "World Statistics on Mining and Utilities," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15007.
- Heymi Bahar & Jehan Sauvage, 2013. "Cross-Border Trade in Electricity and the Development of Renewables-Based Electric Power: Lessons from Europe," OECD Trade and Environment Working Papers 2013/2, OECD Publishing.
- Jean Charles Hourcade & Mark Jaccard & Chris Bataille & Frédéric Ghersi, 2006. "Hybrid Modeling: New Answers to Old Challenges," Post-Print halshs-00471234, HAL.
- Traber, Thure & Kemfert, Claudia, 2011.
"Gone with the wind? -- Electricity market prices and incentives to invest in thermal power plants under increasing wind energy supply,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 249-256, March.
- Thure Traber & Claudia Kemfert, 2009. "Gone with the Wind?: Electricity Market Prices and Incentives to Invest in Thermal Power Plants under Increasing Wind Energy Supply," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 852, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Abrell, Jan & Kunz, Friedrich & Weigt, Hannes, 2008. "Start Me Up: Modeling of Power Plant Start-Up Conditions and their Impact on Prices," MPRA Paper 65661, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bougheas, Spiros & Demetriades, Panicos O. & Morgenroth, Edgar L. W., 1999.
"Infrastructure, transport costs and trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 169-189, February.
- Spiros Bougheas & Panicos Demetriades & Edgar Morgenroth, 1996. "Infrastructure, Transport Costs and Trade," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 96/7, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- von der Fehr, Nils-Henrik M & Sandsbraten, Lise, 1997. " Water on Fire: Gains from Electricity Trade," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(2), pages 281-297, June.
- Bohringer, Christoph & Rutherford, Thomas F., 2008. "Combining bottom-up and top-down," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 574-596, March.
- Neuhoff, Karsten & Barquin, Julian & Bialek, Janusz W. & Boyd, Rodney & Dent, Chris J. & Echavarren, Francisco & Grau, Thilo & von Hirschhausen, Christian & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Kunz, Friedrich & Nabe, 2013.
"Renewable electric energy integration: Quantifying the value of design of markets for international transmission capacity,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 760-772.
- Karsten Neuhoff & Rodney Boyd & Thilo Grau & Julian Barquin & Francisco Echavarren & Janusz Bialek & Chris Dent & Christian von Hirschhausen & Benjamin Hobbs & Friedrich Kunz & Hannes Weigt & Christia, 2011. "Renewable Electric Energy Integration: Quantifying the Value of Design of Markets for International Transmission Capacity," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1166, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Rausch, Sebastian & Mowers, Matthew, 2014. "Distributional and efficiency impacts of clean and renewable energy standards for electricity," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 556-585.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Rutherford, Thomos F., 2009. "Integrated assessment of energy policies: Decomposing top-down and bottom-up," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1648-1661, September.
- Rutherford, Thomas F., 1995. "Extension of GAMS for complementarity problems arising in applied economic analysis," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1299-1324, November.
- Li, Ling-Wei & Lee, Loo-Hay & Chen, Chun-Hung & Guo, Bo, 2012. "On unbiased optimal L-statistics quantile estimators," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(11), pages 1891-1897.
- Jean-Charles Hourcade, Mark Jaccard, Chris Bataille, and Frederic Ghersi, 2006.
"Hybrid Modeling: New Answers to Old Challenges Introduction to the Special Issue of The Energy Journal,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 1-12.
- Jc Hourcade & M. Jaccard & C. Bataille & F Ghersi, 2006. "Hybrid modeling: New answers to old challenges - Introduction to the special issue of The Energy Journal," Post-Print hal-00716778, HAL.
- Yuan, Ao & He, Wenqing & Wang, Binhuan & Qin, Gengsheng, 2012. "U-statistic with side information," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 20-38.
- Xia Li, 2012. "Statistical Discrimination and Gender Wage Gap: A Model," Frontiers of Economics in China, Higher Education Press, vol. 7(2), pages 286-304, June.
- Zografia Anastasiadou & BrendaLópez-Cabrera, 2012. "Statistical Modelling of Temperature Risk," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-029, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Christoph Böhringer & Thomas Rutherford, 2002. "Carbon Abatement and International Spillovers," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(3), pages 391-417, July.
- AfDB AfDB, . "African Statistical Journal Vol.15," African Statistical Journal, African Development Bank, number 403, March.
- Gang Li, 2012. "Statistical Testing Techniques," Chapters, in: Larry Dwyer & Alison Gill & Neelu Seetaram (ed.), Handbook of Research Methods in Tourism, chapter 1, Edward Elgar Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan Abrell & Mirjam Kosch & Sebastian Rausch, 2017. "The Economic Cost of Carbon Abatement with Renewable Energy Policies," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 17/273, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Claudia Kemfert & Clemens Gerbaulet & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2016. "Stromnetze und Speichertechnologien für die Energiewende - eine Analyse mit Bezug zur Diskussion des EEG 2016: Gutachten im Auftrag der Hermann-Scheer-Stiftung," DIW Berlin: Politikberatung kompakt, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, edition 0, volume 112, number pbk112, January.
- Arina Nikandrova & Jevgenijs Steinbuks, 2017.
"Contracting for the second best in dysfunctional electricity markets,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 41-71, February.
- Nikandrova, Arina & Steinbuks, Jevgenijs, 2014. "Contracting for the second best in dysfunctional electricity markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6955, The World Bank.
- Assembayeva, Makpal & Egerer, Jonas & Mendelevitch, Roman & Zhakiyev, Nurkhat, 2018. "A spatial electricity market model for the power system: The Kazakhstan case study," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 762-778.
- Massol, Olivier & Rifaat, Omer, 2018.
"Phasing out the U.S. Federal Helium Reserve: Policy insights from a world helium model,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 186-211.
- Massol, O. & Rifaat, O., 2016. "Phasing out the U.S. Federal Helium Reserve: Policy insights from a world helium model," Working Papers 16/03, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Olivier Massol & Omer Rifaat, 2016. "Phasing out the U.S. Federal Helium Reserve: Policy insights from a world helium model," Working Papers 2016.29, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Bistline, John & Santen, Nidhi & Young, David, 2019. "The economic geography of variable renewable energy and impacts of trade formulations for renewable mandates," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 79-96.
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Nazos, Konstantinos, 2017. "A stochastic MILP energy planning model incorporating power market dynamics," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 205(C), pages 1364-1383.
- Nikolaos E. Koltsaklis & Athanasios S. Dagoumas, 2018. "Transmission Expansion and Electricity Trade: A Case Study of the Greek Power System," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 8(5), pages 64-71.
- Rinne, Sonja, 2018. "Radioinactive: Are nuclear power plant outages in France contagious to the German electricity price?," CIW Discussion Papers 3/2018, University of Münster, Center for Interdisciplinary Economics (CIW).
- Helgesen, Per Ivar & Tomasgard, Asgeir, 2018. "From linking to integration of energy system models and computational general equilibrium models – Effects on equilibria and convergence," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 1218-1233.
- Abrell, Jan & Kosch, Mirjam & Rausch, Sebastian, 2019. "Carbon abatement with renewables: Evaluating wind and solar subsidies in Germany and Spain," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 172-202.
- Helm, Carsten & Mier, Mathias, 2019. "On the efficient market diffusion of intermittent renewable energies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 812-830.
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Dagoumas, Athanasios S., 2018. "State-of-the-art generation expansion planning: A review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 230(C), pages 563-589.
- Mathias Mier & Christoph Weissbart, 2019. "Power Markets in Transition: Decarbonization, Energy Efficiency, and Short-Term Demand Response," ifo Working Paper Series 284, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- George Halkos & Mike G. Tsionas, 2019. "Accounting for Heterogeneity in Environmental Performance Using Data Envelopment Analysis," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 54(3), pages 1005-1025, October.
- Chen, Weidong & Wei, Pengbang, 2018. "Socially optimal deployment strategy and incentive policy for solar photovoltaic community microgrid: A case of China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 86-94.
- Makpal Assembayeva & Jonas Egerer & Roman Mendelevitch & Nurkhat Zhakiyev, 2017. "A Spatial Electricity Market Model for the Power System of Kazakhstan," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1659, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jan Abrell and Hannes Weigt, 2016. "The Short and Long Term Impact of Europe's Natural Gas Market on Electricity Markets until 2050," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Sustainab).
- Christoph Weissbart, 2018. "Decarbonization of Power Markets under Stability and Fairness: Do They Influence Efficiency?," ifo Working Paper Series 270, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsCross-country electricity trade; Transmission infrastructure policy; Renewable energy; Market integration; Carbon dioxide emissions; General equilibrium modeling;
- F18 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Environment
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:79:y:2016:i:c:p:87-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.