What does FDI inflow mean for emerging african economies? Measuring the regional effects of FDI in Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan E. Haskel & Sonia C. Pereira & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2007.
"Does Inward Foreign Direct Investment Boost the Productivity of Domestic Firms?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 89(3), pages 482-496, August.
- Jonathan E. Haskel & Sonia C. Pereira & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2002. "Does Inward Foreign Direct Investment Boost the Productivity of Domestic Firms?," NBER Working Papers 8724, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan E. Haskel & Sonia C. Pereira & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2002. "Does Inward Foreign Direct Investment Boost the Productivity of Domestic Firms?," Working Papers 452, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Haskel, Jonathan & Pereira, Sonia & Slaughter, Matthew, 2002. "Does Inward Foreign Direct Investment Boost the Productivity of Domestic Firms?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3384, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- AfDB AfDB, . "The AfDB Statistics Pocketbook 2012," AfDB Statistics Pocketbook, African Development Bank, number 388.
- AfDB AfDB, . "African Statistical Journal Vol.14," African Statistical Journal, African Development Bank, number 395, July-Dece.
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 605-618, June.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raymond Vernon, 1966. "International Investment and International Trade in the Product Cycle," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 80(2), pages 190-207.
- Zografia Anastasiadou & BrendaLópez-Cabrera, 2012. "Statistical Modelling of Temperature Risk," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-029, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Matthew J. Slaughter, 2002. "Does Inward Foreign Direct Investment Contribute to Skill Upgrading in Developing Countries?," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 2002-08, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Jensen, Nathan M., 2003. "Democratic Governance and Multinational Corporations: Political Regimes and Inflows of Foreign Direct Investment," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 57(03), pages 587-616, June.
- AfDB AfDB, . "African Statistical Yearbook 2012," African Statistical Yearbook, African Development Bank, number 387.
- Bengoa, Marta & Sanchez-Robles, Blanca, 2003. "Foreign direct investment, economic freedom and growth: new evidence from Latin America," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 529-545, September.
- Kojima, Kiyoshi & Ozawa, Terutomo, 1984. "Micro- and Macro-Economic Models of Direct Foreign Investment : Toward a Synthesis," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 25(1), pages 1-20, June.
- Theodore H. Moran & Edward M. Graham & Magnus Blomstrom, 2005. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Promote Development?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 3810.
- Ojeaga, Paul, 2012. "Economic policy, does It help life expectancy? an african evidence of the role of economic policy on longevity," MPRA Paper 40199, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- George, Emmanuel & Odejimi, Deborah & Matthews, Oluwatoyin & Ojeaga, Paul, 2013. "Is Privatization Related With Macroeconomic Management? Evidence From Some Selected African Countries," MPRA Paper 62211, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Aug 2014.
- Ksenia Yudaeva & Konstantin Kozlov & Natalia Melentieva & Natalia Ponomareva, 2003. "Does foreign ownership matter?," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(3), pages 383-409, September.
- Xu, Bin, 2000. "Multinational enterprises, technology diffusion, and host country productivity growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 477-493, August.
- AfDB AfDB, . "African Statistical Journal Vol.15," African Statistical Journal, African Development Bank, number 403, July-Dece.
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica; Political Economy; FDI; Regional Policy and Markets.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ntu:ntcmss:vol4-iss1-16-029. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefan Ciucu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feuntro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.