A review on global fuel economy standards, labels and technologies in the transportation sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cheah, Lynette & Heywood, John, 2011. "Meeting U.S. passenger vehicle fuel economy standards in 2016 and beyond," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 454-466, January.
- Plotkin, Steven E., 2001. "European and Japanese fuel economy initiatives: what they are, their prospects for success, their usefulness as a guide for US action," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(13), pages 1073-1084, November.
- Low, Nicholas & Astle, Rachel, 2009. "Path dependence in urban transport: An institutional analysis of urban passenger transport in Melbourne, Australia, 1956-2006," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 47-58, March.
- Bastin, Cristina & Szklo, Alexandre & Rosa, Luiz Pinguelli, 2010. "Diffusion of new automotive technologies for improving energy efficiency in Brazil's light vehicle fleet," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3586-3597, July.
- Wagner, David Vance & An, Feng & Wang, Cheng, 2009. "Structure and impacts of fuel economy standards for passenger cars in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3803-3811, October.
- Zhang, Shuwei & Jiang, Kejun & Liu, Deshun, 2007. "Passenger transport modal split based on budgets and implication for energy consumption: Approach and application in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4434-4443, September.
- Bezdek, Roger H. & Wendling, Robert M., 2005. "Potential long-term impacts of changes in US vehicle fuel efficiency standards," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 407-419, February.
- Wills, William & La Rovere, Emilio Lèbre, 2010. "Light vehicle energy efficiency programs and their impact on Brazilian CO2 emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6453-6462, November.
- Wang, Zhao & Jin, Yuefu & Wang, Michael & Wei, Wu, 2010. "New fuel consumption standards for Chinese passenger vehicles and their effects on reductions of oil use and CO2 emissions of the Chinese passenger vehicle fleet," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 5242-5250, September.
- Zhou, Nan & Levine, Mark D. & Price, Lynn, 2010. "Overview of current energy-efficiency policies in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6439-6452, November.
- Ross Morrow, W. & Gallagher, Kelly Sims & Collantes, Gustavo & Lee, Henry, 2010. "Analysis of policies to reduce oil consumption and greenhouse-gas emissions from the US transportation sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1305-1320, March.
- Plotkin, Steven E., 2009. "Examining fuel economy and carbon standards for light vehicles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3843-3853, October.
- Mahlia, T.M.I. & Saidur, R. & Memon, L.A. & Zulkifli, N.W.M. & Masjuki, H.H., 2010. "A review on fuel economy standard for motor vehicles with the implementation possibilities in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 3092-3099, December.
- Oliver, Hongyan H. & Gallagher, Kelly Sims & Tian, Donglian & Zhang, Jinhua, 2009. "China's fuel economy standards for passenger vehicles: Rationale, policy process, and impacts," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4720-4729, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, Tiantian & Wang, Qunwei & Su, Bin, 2016. "A review of carbon labeling: Standards, implementation, and impact," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 68-79.
- Dickinson, Janet E. & Cherrett, Tom & Hibbert, Julia F. & Winstanley, Chris & Shingleton, Duncan & Davies, Nigel & Norgate, Sarah & Speed, Chris, 2015. "Fundamental challenges in designing a collaborative travel app," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 28-36.
- Hannan, M.A. & Azidin, F.A. & Mohamed, A., 2014. "Hybrid electric vehicles and their challenges: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 135-150.
- Skeete, Jean-Paul, 2017. "Examining the role of policy design and policy interaction in EU automotive emissions performance gaps," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 373-381.
- Simmons, Richard A. & Shaver, Gregory M. & Tyner, Wallace E. & Garimella, Suresh V., 2015. "A benefit-cost assessment of new vehicle technologies and fuel economy in the U.S. market," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 940-952.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:327-335 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kalwar, Kafeel Ahmed & Aamir, Muhammad & Mekhilef, Saad, 2015. "Inductively coupled power transfer (ICPT) for electric vehicle charging – A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 462-475.
- Cheng, Yung-Hsiang & Chang, Yu-Hern & Lu, I.J., 2015. "Urban transportation energy and carbon dioxide emission reduction strategies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 953-973.
- Atabani, A.E. & Silitonga, A.S. & Badruddin, Irfan Anjum & Mahlia, T.M.I. & Masjuki, H.H. & Mekhilef, S., 2012. "A comprehensive review on biodiesel as an alternative energy resource and its characteristics," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 2070-2093.
- Silitonga, A.S. & Atabani, A.E. & Mahlia, T.M.I., 2012. "Review on fuel economy standard and label for vehicle in selected ASEAN countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 1683-1695.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:121-133 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lo, Kevin, 2014. "A critical review of China's rapidly developing renewable energy and energy efficiency policies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 508-516.
- Hao, Han & Wang, Sinan & Liu, Zongwei & Zhao, Fuquan, 2016. "The impact of stepped fuel economy targets on automaker's light-weighting strategy: The China case," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 755-765.
- Al-Ghandoor, A., 2013. "An approach to energy savings and improved environmental impact through restructuring Jordan's transport sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 31-42.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:81:y:2018:i:p1:p:1166-1174 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gómez, Antonio & Dopazo, César & Fueyo, Norberto, 2014. "The causes of the high energy intensity of the Kazakh economy: A characterization of its energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 556-568.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:1:p:207-:d:127079 is not listed on IDEAS
- Celalettin Yuce & Fatih Karpat & Nurettin Yavuz & Gökhan Sendeniz, 2014. "A Case Study: Designing for Sustainability and Reliability in an Automotive Seat Structure," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(7), pages 1-24, July.
- Hackbarth, André & Madlener, Reinhard, 2016.
"Willingness-to-pay for alternative fuel vehicle characteristics: A stated choice study for Germany,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 89-111.
- Hackbarth, André & Madlener, Reinhard, 2013. "Willingness-to-Pay for Alternative Fuel Vehicle Characteristics: A Stated Choice Study for Germany," FCN Working Papers 20/2013, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Mahlia, T.M.I. & Tohno, S. & Tezuka, T., 2012. "History and current status of the motor vehicle energy labeling and its implementation possibilities in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 1828-1844.
- repec:eee:energy:v:134:y:2017:i:c:p:951-961 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:transp:v:45:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11116-016-9741-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsTransportation sector; Oil demand; GHG emissions; Fuel economy standards; Fuel economy labels; Vehicular advanced technologies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:15:y:2011:i:9:p:4586-4610. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.