Correlation of business cycles in the euro zone
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1998.
"The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1009-1025, July.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," NBER Working Papers 5700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," CEPR Discussion Papers 1473, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kenneth Rogoff, 2001. "Why Not a Global Currency?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 243-247, May.
- Baxter, Marianne & Kouparitsas, Michael A., 2005.
"Determinants of business cycle comovement: a robust analysis,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 113-157, January.
- Marianne Baxter & Michael A. Kouparitsas, 2004. "Determinants of business cycle comovement: a robust analysis," Working Paper Series WP-04-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Marianne Baxter & Michael A. Kouparitsas, 2004. "Determinants of Business Cycle Comovement: A Robust Analysis," NBER Working Papers 10725, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baldwin, Richard E., 2006. "The euro's trade effects," Working Paper Series 594, European Central Bank.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1990.
"Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt40m5g6pp, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Barry Eichengreen, 1991. "Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?," NBER Working Papers 3579, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Eichengreen., 1990. "Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?," Economics Working Papers 90-151, University of California at Berkeley.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1990. "Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?," CEPR Discussion Papers 478, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2000. "One money, one market: the effect of common currencies on trade," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 7-46, April.
- Clark, Todd E. & van Wincoop, Eric, 2001. "Borders and business cycles," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 59-85, October.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1993. "European Monetary Unification," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1321-1357, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Jim, 2012. "Measuring business cycle comovements in Europe: Evidence from a dynamic factor model with time-varying parameters," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 438-440.
- Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 2011.
"Capital market imperfections and the theory of optimum currency areas,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1659-1675.
- Pierre-Richard Agenor & Joshua Aizenman, 2008. "Capital Market Imperfections and the Theory of Optimum Currency Areas," NBER Working Papers 14088, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 2008. "Capital Market Imperfections and the Theory of Optimum Currency Areas," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7668j94x, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Maria Jesús Delgado-Rodriguez & Sonia De lucas-Santos, 2013. "Testing cyclical convergence with the factor model in the Euro Area," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(3), pages 2245-2250.
- Bruzda, Joanna, 2011. "On some problems in discrete wavelet analysis of bivariate spectra with an application to business cycle synchronization in the euro zone," Economics Discussion Papers 2011-5, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Smimou, K. & Khallouli, W., 2015. "Does the Euro affect the dynamic relation between stock market liquidity and the business cycle?," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 125-153.
- Bierbaumer-Polly, Jürgen & Huber, Peter & Huber, Petr, 2015.
"The Impact of EU-Accession on Regional Business Cycle Synchronization and Sector Specialization,"
Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy
113154, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Jürgen Bierbaumer-Polly & Peter Huber & Petr Rozmahel, 2015. "The Impact of EU Accession on Regional Business Cycle Synchronisation and Sector Specialisation," WIFO Working Papers 494, WIFO.
- Ansgar Belke & Clemens Domnick & Daniel Gros, 2017.
"Business Cycle Synchronization in the EMU: Core vs. Periphery,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 28(5), pages 863-892, November.
- Belke, Ansgar & Domnick, Clemens & Gros, Daniel, 2016. "Business cycle synchronization in the EMU: Core vs. periphery," Ruhr Economic Papers 659, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Belke, Ansgar & Domnick, Clemens & Gros, Daniel, 2017. "Business Cycle Synchronization in the EMU: Core vs. Periphery," GLO Discussion Paper Series 38, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Ansgar Belke & Clemens Domnick & Daniel Gros, 2016. "Business cycle synchronization in the EMU: Core vs. periphery," ROME Working Papers 201608, ROME Network.
- Gächter, Martin & Riedl, Aleksandra, 2014. "One money, one cycle? The EMU experience," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 141-155.
- Lee, Jim, 2009. "Evaluating monetary policy of the euro area with cross-country heterogeneity: Evidence from a New Keynesian model," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 325-343, December.
- repec:eee:finana:v:54:y:2017:i:c:p:1-22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Radoslaw Kurach, 2011. "Eurozone stock returns co-movement: Some findings for portfolio managers and central bankers," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center, vol. 5(2), pages 1-12, April.
- Styliani Christodoulopoulou, 2014. "The effect of currency unions on business cycle correlations: the EMU case," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 41(2), pages 177-222, May.
More about this item
KeywordsEuropean Monetary Union Bilateral trade Economic cycles;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:102:y:2009:i:1:p:56-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.