Eurozone stock returns co-movement: Some findings for portfolio managers and central bankers
TIn this paper we assess the level of country risk vs industry risk for the Eurozone national stock markets and the measure of dispersion is used to deliver the desired estimates. We find a significant and permanent increase in the level of country risk since the beginning of the recent global financial crisis. This conclusion may be important both for portfolio managers and monetary policymakers.
Volume (Year): 5 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://academicpublishingplatforms.com/journal.php?journal=BEH|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jappelli, Tullio & Pagano, Marco, 2008.
"Financial Market Integration Under EMU,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7091, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jappelli, Tullio & Pagano, Marco, 2008. "Financial market integration under EMU," CFS Working Paper Series 2008/33, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Tullio Jappelli & Marco Pagano, 2008. "Financial Market Integration under EMU," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 312, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Tullio Jappelli & Marco Pagano, 2008. "Financial Market Integration Under EMU," CSEF Working Papers 197, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Jan Babecky & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova, 2013.
"Financial Integration at Times of Financial Instability,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver),
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 63(1), pages 25-45, March.
- Jan Babecky & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova, 2010. "Financial Integration at Times of Financial (In)Stability," Occasional Publications - Chapters in Edited Volumes, in: CNB Financial Stability Report 2009/2010, chapter 0, pages 102-109 Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Jan Babecky & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova, 2010. "Financial Integration at Times of Financial Instability," Working Papers 2010/09, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R, 1995.
" Time-Varying World Market Integration,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 403-44, June.
- Elbourne, Adam & Salomons, Roelof, 2004. "Monetary transmission and equity markets in the EU," Research Report 04E15, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Ólan T. Henry & Nilss Olekalns & Jonathan Thong, 2003.
"Do Stock Market Returns Predict Changes to Output? Evidence from a Nonlinear Panel Data Model,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
868, The University of Melbourne.
- Ólan T. Henry & Nilss Olekalns & Jonathan Thong, 2004. "Do stock market returns predict changes to output? Evidence from a nonlinear panel data model," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 527-540, 09.
- Gonçalves, Carlos Eduardo S. & Rodrigues, Mauro & Soares, Tiago, 2009. "Correlation of business cycles in the euro zone," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 56-58, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pdc:jrnbeh:v:5:y:2011:i:2:p:1-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaroslav Holecek)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.