Eurozone stock returns co-movement: Some findings for portfolio managers and central bankers
TIn this paper we assess the level of country risk vs industry risk for the Eurozone national stock markets and the measure of dispersion is used to deliver the desired estimates. We find a significant and permanent increase in the level of country risk since the beginning of the recent global financial crisis. This conclusion may be important both for portfolio managers and monetary policymakers.
Volume (Year): 5 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://academicpublishingplatforms.com/journal.php?journal=BEH|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jan Babecky & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova, 2013.
"Financial Integration at Times of Financial Instability,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver),
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 63(1), pages 25-45, March.
- Jan Babecky & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova, 2010. "Financial Integration at Times of Financial (In)Stability," Occasional Publications - Chapters in Edited Volumes, in: CNB Financial Stability Report 2009/2010, chapter 0, pages 102-109 Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Jan Babecky & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova, 2010. "Financial Integration at Times of Financial Instability," Working Papers 2010/09, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Gonçalves, Carlos Eduardo S. & Rodrigues, Mauro & Soares, Tiago, 2009. "Correlation of business cycles in the euro zone," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 56-58, January.
- Elbourne, Adam & Salomons, Roelof, 2004. "Monetary transmission and equity markets in the EU," Research Report 04E15, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Ólan T. Henry & Nilss Olekalns & Jonathan Thong, 2003.
"Do Stock Market Returns Predict Changes to Output? Evidence from a Nonlinear Panel Data Model,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
868, The University of Melbourne.
- Ólan T. Henry & Nilss Olekalns & Jonathan Thong, 2004. "Do stock market returns predict changes to output? Evidence from a nonlinear panel data model," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 527-540, 09.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R, 1995.
" Time-Varying World Market Integration,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 403-44, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pdc:jrnbeh:v:5:y:2011:i:2:p:1-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaroslav Holecek)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.