When does a carbon tax on fossil fuels stimulate biofuels?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Weber, Michael & Barth, Volker & Hasselmann, Klaus, 2005. "A multi-actor dynamic integrated assessment model (MADIAM) of induced technological change and sustainable economic growth," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2-3), pages 306-327, August.
- Birur, Dileep & Hertel, Thomas & Tyner, Wally, 2008. "Impact of Biofuel Production on World Agricultural Markets: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," GTAP Working Papers 2413, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Schneider, Uwe A. & McCarl, Bruce A., 2005.
"Implications of a Carbon-Based Energy Tax for U.S. Agriculture,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(02), pages 265-279, October.
- Schneider, Uwe A. & McCarl, Bruce A., 2005. "Implications of a Carbon-Based Energy Tax for U.S. Agriculture," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 34(2), October.
- Uwe A. Schneider & Bruce A. McCarl, 2003. "Implications Of A Carbon Based Energy Tax For U.S. Agriculture," Working Papers FNU-17, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jan 2003.
- Terry Barker & S. Serban Scrieciu & Tim Foxon, 2008. "Achieving the G8 50% target: modelling induced and accelerated technological change using the macro-econometric model E3MG," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(sup1), pages 30-45, December.
- Lee, Huey-Lin & Hertel, Thomas & Rose, Steven & Avetisyan, Misak, 2008. "An Integrated Global Land Use Data Base for CGE Analysis of Climate Policy Options," GTAP Working Papers 2603, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Edenhofer, Ottmar & Bauer, Nico & Kriegler, Elmar, 2005. "The impact of technological change on climate protection and welfare: Insights from the model MIND," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2-3), pages 277-292, August.
- Thomas W. Hertel & Wallace E. Tyner & Dileep K. Birur, 2010. "The Global Impacts of Biofuel Mandates," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 75-100.
- Parry, Ian W. H. & Williams, Roberton III & Goulder, Lawrence H., 1999.
"When Can Carbon Abatement Policies Increase Welfare? The Fundamental Role of Distorted Factor Markets,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 52-84, January.
- Ian W. H. Parry & Roberton C. Williams III & Lawrence H. Goulder, 1997. "When Can Carbon Abatement Policies Increase Welfare? The Fundamental Role of Distorted Factor Markets," NBER Working Papers 5967, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Parry, Ian & Goulder, Lawrence & Williams III, Roberton, 1997. "When Can Carbon Abatement Policies Increase Welfare? The Fundamental Role of Distorted Factor Markets," Discussion Papers dp-97-18-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Uwe Schneider & Bruce McCarl, 2003.
"Economic Potential of Biomass Based Fuels for Greenhouse Gas Emission Mitigation,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 24(4), pages 291-312, April.
- Uwe A. Schneider & Bruce A. McCarl, 2001. "Economic Potential of Biomass-Based Fuels for Greenhouse Gas Emission Mitigation," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 01-wp280, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Y. Surry, 1993. "The Constant Difference Of Elasticities Function With Applications To The Ec Animal Feed Sector," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 110-125.
- Goulder, Lawrence H. & Parry, Ian W. H. & Williams III, Roberton C. & Burtraw, Dallas, 1999.
"The cost-effectiveness of alternative instruments for environmental protection in a second-best setting,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 329-360, June.
- Lawrence H. Goulder & Ian W. H. Parry & Roberton C. Williams III & Dallas Burtraw, 1998. "The Cost-Effectiveness of Alternative Instruments for Environmental Protection in a Second-Best Setting," NBER Working Papers 6464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Parry, Ian & Goulder, Lawrence & Williams III, Roberton, 1998. "The Cost-Effectiveness of Alternative Instruments for Environmental Protection in a Second-Best Setting," Discussion Papers dp-98-22, Resources For the Future.
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Martin Banse & Hans van Meijl & Andrzej Tabeau & Geert Woltjer, 2008. "Will EU biofuel policies affect global agricultural markets?," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 35(2), pages 117-141, June.
- Robert K. Kaufmann, 2004. "The Mechanisms for Autonomous Energy Efficiency Increases: A Cointegration Analysis of the US Energy/GDP Ratio," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 63-86.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Annageldy Arazmuradov, 2016. "Economic prospect on carbon emissions in Commonwealth of Independent States," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 395-427, November.
- Cantono, Simona, 2012. "Unveiling diffusion dynamics: an autocatalytic percolation model of environmental innovation diffusion and the optimal dynamic path of adoption subsidies," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201222, University of Turin.
- Thepkhun, Panida & Limmeechokchai, Bundit & Fujimori, Shinichiro & Masui, Toshihiko & Shrestha, Ram M., 2013. "Thailand's Low-Carbon Scenario 2050: The AIM/CGE analyses of CO2 mitigation measures," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 561-572.
- Anderson, Blake & M'Gonigle, Michael, 2012. "Does ecological economics have a future?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 37-48.
- Matsumoto, Ken׳ichi & Andriosopoulos, Kostas, 2016. "Energy security in East Asia under climate mitigation scenarios in the 21st century," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 59(PA), pages 60-71.
- Timilsina, Govinda R., 2012. "Economic implications of moving toward global convergence on emission intensities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6115, The World Bank.
- Caurla, Sylvain & Delacote, Philippe & Lecocq, Franck & Barthès, Julien & Barkaoui, Ahmed, 2013.
"Combining an inter-sectoral carbon tax with sectoral mitigation policies: Impacts on the French forest sector,"
Journal of Forest Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 450-461.
- Sylvain Caurla & Philippe Delacote & Franck Lecocq & Julien Barthes & Ahmed Barkaoui, 2013. "Combining an inter-sectoral carbon tax with sectoral mitigation policies: Impacts on the French forest sector," Post-Print hal-01203837, HAL.
- Virginie Doumax & Jean-Marc Philip & Cristina Sarasa, 2013. "Biofuels, tax policies and oil price: insights from a dynamic CGE model," EcoMod2013 5417, EcoMod.
- Khatiwada, Dilip & Leduc, Sylvain & Silveira, Semida & McCallum, Ian, 2016. "Optimizing ethanol and bioelectricity production in sugarcane biorefineries in Brazil," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 371-386.
- Alberto Gago & Xavier Labandeira & Xiral López Otero, 2014. "A Panorama on Energy Taxes and Green Tax Reforms," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 208(1), pages 145-190, March.
- Doumax, Virginie & Philip, Jean-Marc & Sarasa, Cristina, 2014.
"Biofuels, tax policies and oil prices in France: Insights from a dynamic CGE model,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 603-614.
- Virginie Doumax-Tagliavini & Jean-Marc Philip & Cristina Sarasa, 2013. "Biofuels, Tax Policies and Oil Prices in France: Insights from a Dynamic CGE Model," EcoMod2013 6245, EcoMod.
- Timilsina, Govinda R. & Landis, Florian, 2014. "Economics of transiting to renewable energy in Morocco : a general equilibrium analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6940, The World Bank.
- repec:eee:energy:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:1998-2012 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liu, Yang & Han, Liyan & Yin, Ziqiao & Luo, Kongyi, 2017. "A competitive carbon emissions scheme with hybrid fiscal incentives: The evidence from a taxi industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 414-422.
- Tahamina Khanam & Jukka Matero & Blas Mola-Yudego & Lauri Sikanen & Abul Rahman, 2016. "Assessing external factors on substitution of fossil fuel by biofuels: model perspective from the Nordic region," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 445-460, March.
- Qiu, Cheng & Colson, Gregory & Wetzstein, Michael, 2014.
"An ethanol blend wall shift is prone to increase petroleum gasoline demand,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 160-165.
- Qiu, Cheng & Colson, Gregory & Zhang, Zibin & Wetzstein, Michael E., 2011. "An Ethanol Blend Wall Shift is Prone to Increase Petroleum Gasoline Demand," 2011 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2011, Corpus Christi, Texas 98795, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:eee:energy:v:135:y:2017:i:c:p:726-739 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timilsina, Govinda R., 2013. "How much does an increase in oil prices affect the global economy ? some insights from a general equilibrium analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6515, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsCarbon tax; Biofuels; Energy supply; Climate change; CGE modeling; Policy instruments;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:70:y:2011:i:12:p:2400-2415. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.