Oil prices and the global economy: A general equilibrium analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Zilberman & Gal Hochman & Deepak Rajagopal & Steve Sexton & Govinda Timilsina, 2013. "The Impact of Biofuels on Commodity Food Prices: Assessment of Findings," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(2), pages 275-281.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Marianna Riggi, 2013.
"WHY ARE THE 2000s SO DIFFERENT FROM THE 1970s? A STRUCTURAL INTERPRETATION OF CHANGES IN THE MACROECONOMIC EFFECTS OF OIL PRICES,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 11(5), pages 1032-1052, October.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Marianna Riggi, 2009. "Why are the 2000s so different from the 1970s? A structural interpretation of changes in the macroeconomic effects of oil prices," NBER Working Papers 15467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamilton, James D., 2011.
"Nonlinearities And The Macroeconomic Effects Of Oil Prices,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(S3), pages 364-378, November.
- James D. Hamilton, 2010. "Nonlinearities and the Macroeconomic Effects of Oil Prices," NBER Working Papers 16186, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claudio Morana, 2013.
"The Oil Price-Macroeconomy Relationship Since the Mid-1980s: A Global Perspective,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Claudio Morana, 2012. "The Oil price-Macroeconomy Relationship since the Mid- 1980s: A global perspective," Working Papers 2012.28, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Claudio Morana, 2013. "The oil price-macroeconomy relationship since the mid-1980s: A global perspective," Working Papers 223, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2013.
- Lutz Kilian & Robert J. Vigfusson, 2011. "Are the responses of the U.S. economy asymmetric in energy price increases and decreases?," Quantitative Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 2(3), pages 419-453, November.
- Nathan S. Balke & Stephen P. A. Brown & Mine K. Yücel, 2008. "An international perspective on oil price shocks and U.S. economic activity," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 20, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Govinda R. Timilsina & John C. Beghin & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe & Simon Mevel, 2012.
"The impacts of biofuels targets on land‐use change and food supply: A global CGE assessment,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(3), pages 315-332, May.
- Timilsina, Govinda & Beghin, John C. & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique & Mevel, Simon, 2010. "The Impacts of Biofuels Targets on Land-Use Change and Food Supply: A Global Cge Assessment," Staff General Research Papers Archive 32206, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Timilsina, Govinda R. & Beghin, John C. & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique & Mevel, Simon, 2010. "The impacts of biofuel targets on land-use change and food supply : a global CGE assessment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5513, The World Bank.
- Y. Surry, 1993. "The Constant Difference Of Elasticities Function With Applications To The Ec Animal Feed Sector," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 110-125.
- Robert B. Barsky & Lutz Kilian, 2004. "Oil and the Macroeconomy Since the 1970s," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 115-134, Fall.
- Timilsina, Govinda R. & Shrestha, Ashish, 2011. "How much hope should we have for biofuels?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 2055-2069.
- AydIn, Levent & Acar, Mustafa, 2011. "Economic impact of oil price shocks on the Turkish economy in the coming decades: A dynamic CGE analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1722-1731, March.
- Mork, Knut Anton, 1989. "Oil and Macroeconomy When Prices Go Up and Down: An Extension of Hamilton's Results," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 740-744, June.
- Birur, Dileep & Hertel, Thomas & Tyner, Wally, 2008. "Impact of Biofuel Production on World Agricultural Markets: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," GTAP Working Papers 2413, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Hamilton, James D, 1983. "Oil and the Macroeconomy since World War II," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 228-248, April.
- Thomas W. Hertel & Wallace E. Tyner & Dileep K. Birur, 2010. "The Global Impacts of Biofuel Mandates," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 75-100.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les & Gibson, John, 2010.
"China's energy economy: A survey of the literature,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 105-132, June.
- Hengyun Ma & Les Oxley, 2009. "China’s Energy Economy: A Survey of the Literature," Working Papers in Economics 09/02, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Peter Jarrett & Raymond Torres, 1987. "A Revised Supply Block for the Major Seven Countries in INTERLINK," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 41, OECD Publishing.
- Rebeca Jimenez-Rodriguez & Marcelo Sanchez, 2005.
"Oil price shocks and real GDP growth: empirical evidence for some OECD countries,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 201-228.
- Jiménez-Rodríguez, Rebeca & Sánchez, Marcelo, 2004. "Oil price shocks and real GDP growth: empirical evidence for some OECD countries," Working Paper Series 362, European Central Bank.
- Martin Banse & Hans van Meijl & Andrzej Tabeau & Geert Woltjer, 2008. "Will EU biofuel policies affect global agricultural markets?," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 35(2), pages 117-141, June.
- Kiseok Lee & Shawn Ni & Ronald A. Ratti, 1995. "Oil Shocks and the Macroeconomy: The Role of Price Variability," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 39-56.
- van der Werf, Edwin, 2008.
"Production functions for climate policy modeling: An empirical analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 2964-2979, November.
- Edwin van der Werf, 2007. "Production Functions for Climate Policy Modeling: An Empirical Analysis," Working Papers 2007.47, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Lutz Kilian, 2008. "A Comparison of the Effects of Exogenous Oil Supply Shocks on Output and Inflation in the G7 Countries," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 6(1), pages 78-121, March.
- Herrera, Ana María & Pesavento, Elena, 2009. "Oil Price Shocks, Systematic Monetary Policy, And The “Great Moderation”," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 107-137, February.
- Lee, Kiseok & Ni, Shawn, 2002. "On the dynamic effects of oil price shocks: a study using industry level data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 823-852, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:256-270 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:495:y:2018:i:c:p:30-39 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:219-227 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean Andrei & Mihai Mieila & Gheorghe H. Popescu & Elvira Nica & Manole Cristina, 2016. "The Impact and Determinants of Environmental Taxation on Economic Growth Communities in Romania," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-11, November.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Sarwar, Suleman & Chen, Wei & Malik, Muhammad Nasir, 2017.
"Dynamics of electricity consumption, oil price and economic growth: Global perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 256-270.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Sarwar, Suleman & Wei, Chen & Malik, Muhammad Nasir, 2017. "Dynamics of Electricity Consumption, Oil Price and Economic Growth: Global Perspective," MPRA Paper 79532, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 May 2017.
- Chul-Yong Lee & Sung-Yoon Huh, 2017. "Forecasting Long-Term Crude Oil Prices Using a Bayesian Model with Informative Priors," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(2), pages 1-15, January.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:9-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Troster, Victor & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Uddin, Gazi Salah, 2018. "Renewable Energy, Oil Prices, and Economic Activity: A Granger-causality in Quantiles Analysis," MPRA Paper 84194, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Jan 2018.
- Ahmed, Khalid & Bhutto, Niaz Ahmed & Kalhoro, Muhammad Ramzan, 2017. "Decomposing the links between oil price shocks and macroeconomic indicators: Evidence from SAARC region," MPRA Paper 84901, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gbadebo Oladosu, 2015. "Oil market developments and the global economy from a general equilibrium perspective," EcoMod2015 8405, EcoMod.
- repec:eee:energy:v:139:y:2017:i:c:p:975-990 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Qiang & Li, Rongrong, 2016. "Sino-Venezuelan oil-for-loan deal – the Chinese strategic gamble?#," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 817-822.
More about this item
KeywordsOil price; CGE model; Global economy; International trade;
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:49:y:2015:i:c:p:669-675. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.